Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2015/16

reef

Posted

tyres are so expensive ,just paid 1100 quid for 4 fitted and balanced on my merc :(...

due to the swear filter, i cant tell you my initial thoughts on reading that!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Is it the return of the large teapot?

Where's Ian Brown when you need him..

I Put on my sig once, large teapot theory dead, 2012/2013 - return of the 80s teapot.

Hes on twitter, just type in Ian Brown weather twitter and youll find him.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I Put on my sig once, large teapot theory dead, 2012/2013 - return of the 80s teapot.

Hes on twitter, just type in Ian Brown weather twitter and youll find him.

I'd rather not.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 9

Posted

I'd rather not.

Nor me but I still don't get it why people get so out their pram about cold or mild rampers, the way I look at everyone from Ian Brown to James Madden, the question I ask is 'In the overall scheme of things do they make any difference to my life?'  and the answer is no.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Nor me but I still don't get it why people get so out their pram about cold or mild rampers, the way I look at everyone from Ian Brown to James Madden, the question I ask is 'In the overall scheme of things do they make any difference to my life?'  and the answer is no.

There's a difference between a ramper and an attention-seeking wind up merchant.

Anyway, this is far off topic now.

• Like 3

Posted

Oh no!! A wintry forecast from Joe!

This can mean only one thing

W aint going to get any snow.

I have been following him for years his no James Madden I assure you.

Posted

Well, at least it would have to go a very long way to have to be worse than the last 2 years.

I mean, we had 6 hours of snow on the ground in the last 2 years here.

So this year will be epic by those standards!

Posted

Well, at least it would have to go a very long way to have to be worse than the last 2 years.

you could of course have zero hours either falling or lying, how would that feel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Living here I'm quite used to having winters with zero hours of lying snow, tend to be well sheltered from either northerlies or easterlies but there are exceptions to that, Nov/Dec 2010 is one example. 

Posted

you could of course have zero hours either falling or lying, how would that feel?

Very doubtful John, I have lived in the Midlands and the North West and in my lifetime I have never had that scenario, about the worst was 92-93, 97-98, 91-92 but all recorded at least a covering.

Posted

I'll be getting mine fitted in a couple of weeks :D

Finished wearing out the old winter tyres this summer ,after all it was like winter most of the time up here until the end of July.

Down to the minimum last Monday so new ones replaced them . Will we  need them in the next few months?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Very doubtful John, I have lived in the Midlands and the North West and in my lifetime I have never had that scenario, about the worst was 92-93, 97-98, 91-92 but all recorded at least a covering.

2013-2014 didn't have any snow cover in meteorological winter here, but there was a short-lived covering in mid-November. Might have been a cm - it was unexpected.

Edited by cheese

Posted

2013-2014 didn't have any snow cover in meteorological winter here, but there was a short-lived covering in mid-November. Might have been a cm.

Blimey, we had a cover from a PM Westerly in February around teatime, cant remember the date.

Posted

Solar minimum to cause 3years of cold winters Should our current solar cycle continue to follow the same course as Solar Cycle 12, then we may have an indicator for the upcoming 3 winters. Using the winters of solar Cycle 12, we see that the next three winters correspond to the winters of 1885/86, 1886/87, 1887/88 (marked yellow in the above chart). They were all colder than normal, which tells us that this coming 2015/16 winter and the 2 winters to follow are also likely to turn out to be colder than normal,http://wchildblog.com/2015/10/15/solar-analysis-shows-that-coming-3-uk-winters-poised-to-be-cold-ones-strong-similarity-to-sc-12/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I bought some aftermarket alloys for the summer months and kept my originals with winter tyres on,best thing i ever did,it only takes me 20 minutes to swap them around :D

that time is coming up for the change again soon,how fast has this year gone :blink2:

just to add that i have had my winters on(pirelli s+m) for over six years now and still have 5mm of tread left.i bought them for £120 second hand with 7mm on them.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow and more snow

If you are interested wishful a couple of videos can be found here, And if you are really lucky you can catch a glimpse of a young knocker wearing his famous celtic pullover. I can see now why women used to go weak at the knees. :closedeyes:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74237-ocean-weather-ship-videos/.

Thanks knocker. That's tonight's reading until the small hours sorted out! :) oh! Maybe not so much reading, more watching! Edited by wishfulwinter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Blimey, we had a cover from a PM Westerly in February around teatime, cant remember the date.

11th Feb, but was morning here, only lying snow that winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

I bought some aftermarket alloys for the summer months and kept my originals with winter tyres on,best thing i ever did,it only takes me 20 minutes to swap them around :D

that time is coming up for the change again soon,how fast has this year gone :blink2:

just to add that i have had my winters on(pirelli s+m) for over six years now and still have 5mm of tread left.i bought them for £120 second hand with 7mm on them.

Tyres are bloody expensive. Just had to replace 4 on my Volvo S60 r-design 2 continentals 2 michelins. £600.00 fitted. Ok they are low profile and will see me through this snowy winter coming, but what a price. There's money in rubber !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

The 4x4 has new tyres at the rear and I have a pair of chains for the van that are simply amazing,just the shovel to load and am ready for anything!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

last winter in west yorkshire above 100m was good, this one be better though :D

• Like 1

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised. I'd just sigh and accept it, then go back to watching videos of past blizzards on Youtube  :-D

Posted

2 years oh heck that was a crazy winter/spring January was a good snowy spell from the east.

Late march didn`t you get any then,epic here of monumental proportions.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.