Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Major Hurricane Patricia

Posted

Didn't realise this was still streaming

thats actually Ixtapa, which is not even in the warning zone!

Posted

Oh !! PMSL ! Its way past my bedtime !!

lol, if you look closely you can see brighton pier😆

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

lol, if you look closely you can see brighton pier

That did  make me giggle thank you ! I'm actually really knackered and trying to stay awake but I'm so fascinated in this storm and watching history in the making. I just dread seeing the news and images in the morning.

I wish CNN would stop going on about sport, its driving me mad ! Although I'd totally forgotten its the US F1 this weekend and I heard them mention that it may be affected by a weather event. I just didn't hear if that was anything to with Patricia. Can't beat a wet F1 race though !

• Like 1

Posted

A real sense of the ferocity of this beast is conveyed by that short video it really does make you feel small to be out in that would be lethal with flying debris it is going to get worse before it gets better sustained exceptional high winds are v disturbing.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Intense RAW footage of Hurricane Patricia making landfall in VALLARTA JALISCO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLR4HoMnPeI

some one also tweeted this short vid 

https://twitter.com/kissmymistakes/status/657704604780466176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Seems quite a lot of people didn't evacuate. I heard someone on a US news channel this evening talk about the reason they weren't evacuating is that the buildings are made of brick and concrete unlike in the US and so they could withstand more. Seemed a bold move to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Seems quite a lot of people didn't evacuate. I heard someone on a US news channel this evening talk about the reason they weren't evacuating is that the buildings are made of brick and concrete unlike in the US and so they could withstand more. Seemed a bold move to me.

Watching some of the coverage makes me think someone should find a way of making houses  out of palm trees.....they really are remarkably resilient

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

I thought so too! I saw the news reports say it has quietened down a lot, lots of lights are on, that must be a good sign.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Well, all this hype of a Category 5 hurricane. It looks like maybe a Category 1 especially of what I saw last night. All I can see from the live streams right now is lots of flooding and/or loads of lights on. It was certainly less intense than what was expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Every storm has to be hyped as the worst ever these days, because global warm doom.

Right, let's stop reporting facts folks! It doesn't matter that it actually was the strongest storm ever recorded in the western hemisphere.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Guys, it may have been the strongest hurricane because it possibly had 5 minutes worth of 150 mph winds but it didn't cause no where near as much damage as Katrina or Haiyan so it's not the worst Hurricane ever. Fact.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

You have to remember the zone packing the strongest winds was very narrow so the footage you've seen probably wasn't where the core of the storm hit with the strongest winds. 

• Like 5

Posted

Guys, it may have been the strongest hurricane because it possibly had 5 minutes worth of 150 mph winds but it didn't cause no where near as much damage as Katrina or Haiyan so it's not the worst Hurricane ever. Fact.

The winds were recorded much higher than 150mph, over 200mph was measured at one point with a central pressure around 880mb which does make it the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the western hemisphere. FACT.

Edited by *Sub*Zero*
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Thankfully, no lives have been lost so far I certainly wouldn't call flooding, landslides and winds of 165mph (200mph at one point) over hyped this was a very dangerous Hurricane which could quite easily have caused mass casualties

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Thankfully it looks like Patricia made landfall in a sparsely populated area keeping the worse of the winds away from major towns/cities, could have been so much worse.  

post-9615-0-28013700-1445674176_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

that was an amazing storm the speed it intensified and the way that it behaved was fascinating ,worth watching for that reason  ,thank you for all your help with the links

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 2

Posted

I think the fact that the area with the most intense winds was relatively narrow has been a blessing but I would wait until it has cleared the region completely before drawing many conclusions about its impact, especially re. flooding (and interaction with Colima's ash?)

Either way it has been a fascinating situation meteorologically.

Edited by doctormog
  • Like 3