Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weekend Cold Snap 20th-23rd Nov 2015

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

My dad just rang to ask if my geraniums would be ok outside, he knows I would forget to bring them inside. I have put woolly jumpers on them outside just in case it actually ever freezes or snows here, I Really Hope I Have Not Jinxed Oxfordshire's Snow Forecast....

Edited by Woollymummy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Here in Brum:

post-16181-0-47758900-1448063889_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Its snowing!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

ðŸ˜ðŸ˜†ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Edited by Sidsnake

Posted

Snowed here in the peaks for a brief time around 10pm, not enough to settle but i'm keeping my eye on the stuff to the north now coming over the N.York moors. Should be arriving here about 4 or 5am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Snowing heavily here now really big flakes.Starting to settle on all surfaces,really gusty winds too.

post-17017-0-65463000-1448077483_thumb.j

Edited by Spenna'82.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

A patchy covering here after snow in the early hours.A bitter wind.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

90% Snow cover of around 2cm here.

Temp 1.7c

Dp -1c

Wind Chill -2.5c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A raw wind today not helped by the strength of it but at the same time this is the 3rd sunny day in a row which after such a dull month makes a nice change

Posted

Very cold day here.

Temp 1c

WC -1.7c

Dp -2c

Posted

Compared to well as long as I can remember, the forum as a whole appears to be much more level headed this year than ever - perhaps the influence of the mods..

Activity seems to be much lower than normal, we have just seen quite a widespread snow event, yes very transient and non-disruptive, but quite notable especially on the back of an exceptionally mild period when the chance of even something just average appeared slim.. yet well there is a very subdued air to things..

Not sure if this is a sign of likely tone of things for the winter ahead, but it bodes very well.. its pleasing not to read lots of posts biting back, or over-hyping things..

Posted

Big snowstorm brewing for denmark, more so my brother island north of copenhagen..... Upto a foot of snow being predicted....

http://vejret.tv2.dk/2015-11-21-tv-2-vejret-varsler-her-er-der-risiko-for-snestorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Man, missed the snow in Central London! UGH!

Oh well. Guess I'll enjoy the 0c temp tomorrow morning. :cold:  :cold::)  :)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Had a wintry shower here about half 10 last night, had a mate call me to say look out the window as he could see sleet/wet flakes mixed in with the rain hiting his windscreen, can't say I even expected that down here at sea level just a few miles from the coast.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

More wintry showers moving down across the country overnight, so still a chance of some snow for some. (Image will animate if you click it to view it full size)

post-2-0-62629600-1448129514_thumb.gif

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Started snowing late yesterday evening and just kept going. Been out in the garden this morning and measured 7cm of snow on the grass. Photos over in the Scotland regional thread.

Posted

Quite a cold snap if my Min this morning is anything to go by, at -3.3C it is lower than all this year since 1 night in January at -3.4C and lower than any in 2014. What a change from last Sunday with a 'low' of 14.2C!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Had a brief air frost on Friday night which lasted about an hour before that rain/sleet/snow and wind moved southwards. Cloudy with rain showers overnight so no frost with a minimum just now of 1.7c,  hoping for a frost tonight before things turn a bit milder and unsettled next week.