Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
38 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Thought i was going mad, but after a nice sunny start to the day, snaw flakes are actually falling, albeit very gently about 5 flakes a minute, but it is snaw. Currently 5c here.

Yep snowflakes here too, about 1 every 5 minutes but definitely flakes not rain. 

• Like 1

Posted

Seems to have got really chilly all of a sudden maybe coldest during the day it's been all week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Few flakes here falling lightly...last of the season I reckon....finished with the chase....happy for golf season now and back into netweather hibernation 

Posted

It's light but it's properly snowing here.

Edit: Actually getting heavier now. 

Edit 2: Actually starting to settle a bit now on the grass.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Erm, aye. Snowing here too now. Just sitting doing Tesco and looked out the windae and was like WTF?

#unexpected

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lovely day here. Crystal clear skies, great visability. 

Took a trip south to the coast to take my Nana out for lunch and you could see Scarfell very clearly, with all other high peaks also covered in snow. A very alpine look with a distinct snowline and the sun giving the illusion that it was much warmer down at sea level.

Only reached 5.5c here at home today but felt pleasant in the sun. Very chilly now under clear skies.

Will see if i can upload photos later on...

Grass was quite green out west in south facing low lying fields.

At home the snowdrops are dead pretty much and the Daffodils are out in sun traps, almost out in other places.

• Like 1

Posted

Big, big flakes now falling slowly as there's no wind. Slowly settling. A few weeks ago and this would easily have led to a covering. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
57 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Erm, aye. Snowing here too now. Just sitting doing Tesco and looked out the windae and was like WTF?

#unexpected

Got to test my Nokian Weatherproofs this morning on untreated compacted snow and was very impressed, I'd say no noticeable difference to winter tyres.  I'll be tempted to leave these on all year round, at least to see if they'll live up to their claims.  But I wonder how they'd last on southern European motorways in July though...

• Like 2

Posted

Pelting down here now. Settling on all surfaces now! Where'd this come from LOL

• Like 2

Posted

Few snow showers in the first half of the day, maxed at 0.7c, below zero now and dropping so a chilly looking start tomorrow. Week ahead looking that bitty less cold than the last few though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms, Autumn

hiya peeps, new to this so got plenty of catch up to do lol :D  hoping to get a wee bit of snow but ah no such luck!  seems to be fizzling away before it reaches us!

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, 101_North said:

20160306_185736-1.thumb.jpg.4fce77d50c01

Rather unexpected!

wow its coming down were you are lol been watching on the radar but no coming near us! 

9 minutes ago, gillbobaggins said:

hiya peeps, new to this so got plenty of catch up to do lol :D  hoping to get a wee bit of snow but ah no such luck!  seems to be fizzling away before it reaches us!

Fancy meeting you here...have we moved house?

Edit: That's better :) 

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
11 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Fancy meeting you here...have we moved house? 

pmsl oops :oops:

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

I'll do a Paddy and promise to eat my hat 5 portions of fibre a day if I get above 9C in the north-east corner of Caithness next weekend.  The sea's too cold.

It might be the same here too if the winds off the sea . Speaking to an old  neighbour who now works in Glasgow and he was complaining how cold it was here this weekend in spite of the sunshine.Soil is very cold too and will take a bit of heating up. Maxed out a 3c here with odd flakes /sunshine all day now 0c. A true winter sunset with snow shower cloud over the North Sea  tinged  in pink  by the setting sun. 

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, 101_North said:

20160306_185736-1.thumb.jpg.4fce77d50c01

Rather unexpected!

nice! Just a Dusting on the cars and grass here, the mate was a bit slushy at Harthill. Always a nice surprise :)

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Got to test my Nokian Weatherproofs this morning on untreated compacted snow and was very impressed, I'd say no noticeable difference to winter tyres.  I'll be tempted to leave these on all year round, at least to see if they'll live up to their claims.  But I wonder how they'd last on southern European motorways in July though...

Aye, been thinking about that. Need to get a new car really this year and retire the leon to Mrs SS for wee trips to Gala and Lauder as normal. It's coming up on 115k miles now as I do a 70 round trip commute.

So, question is whether to just put these new all seasons on the new car because, as you say, they're getting pretty good. I think I'm just going to go for another Leon TDI as it works out well for economy + power (basically a VW golf / Audi A3 without the massively expensive logo). Love my current baby but she needs a rest now; been through the wars. I have been late night lusting over the new model 280 bhp Cupra (OMFG) but I imagine sense (or rather bank balance) will prevail. 

Light snaw here never amounted to anything but prettiness. 

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
40 minutes ago, gillbobaggins said:

Welcome to the NW kilted thread.

Everyone's pretty cool but ignore CatchMyDrift's flirting; he does that with all the female posters.

• Like 3