Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

-4C in Thurso at dawn.  Full sun now so all's well etc.

Exactly the same here but frost still lying in very shaded  areas.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Still refusing to break up here, and if the BBC/MetO forecast for the next 10 days or so is correct that's something I'll need to get used to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Yep, pretty cloudy in Stirling. Car was reading 10/11c though (inaccurate i'd guess) so quite mild...

Back home it's v sunny once again judging by snapchat. Been a great spell of weather recently...

Posted

Don't want to venture into the MO thread, but I have no idea why ECM & GFS have been at such odds, though at least they've consistently been at odds.

GFS keeps modelling a brief, ineffectual Scandi High then a quick & messy breakdown, wheras ECM has a prolonged HP sitting over the UK with very light wind, dry weather, sometimes sunny, sometimes warm conditions. Just looked again and though the Met Office were initially siding with GFS, it appears from their mid-term narrative that they've dropped yesterday's high over Scandinavia reference and sided with the ECM. This is promising :)

• Like 2

Posted

Well we could certainly do with high pressure as its another wet morning here and currently 6.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

It was raining at 5am in Thurso and it's been raining everywhere from there to here where I've been all day... :blink2: if you get my drift.  AKA a wet day.  Daffs almost out at home which is somewhat advanced of Caithness.

Not especially weather related but here's one from the week's diary...  56e32760d2f7e_whoisthis.thumb.jpg.d4cebb

• Like 2

Posted

Nice soft wind greeted me this morning as I stepped outside currently 9c seems ages since it was this warm early in the morning.Still spots of rain.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Some sunshine to start the day in Crail. 7.5c.:)

After today high pressure looks like dominating for a week or so. There should be some good spring weather on offer for many though those of us on the east coast will have to watch out for haar/low cloud from Monday onwards as a light easterly develops.:angry: Would rather see the HP centred further south!

Posted
7 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Some sunshine to start the day in Crail. 7.5c.:)

After today high pressure looks like dominating for a week or so. There should be some good spring weather on offer for many though those of us on the east coast will have to watch out for haar/low cloud from Monday onwards as a light easterly develops.:angry: Would rather see the HP centred further south!

Dull and mild on the Black Isle.  Really don't want haar just now, would make home and workplace grim - my work is currently east coast Caithness which is notoriously susceptible.  Baaaaah soddin weather.

Where's everyone gone? Is down to the hardcore till December again?

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Dull but dry in Falkirk. Ready for spring now, want to get out in the campervan. 

FB_IMG_1457727512734.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
35 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Dull but dry in Falkirk. Ready for spring now, want to get out in the campervan. 

I've been renovating a house for months so my ski season has been a write-off. It's been utterly minging here in Moffat today, the cloud is down to the town and there's been rain on and off from the get-go so I've spent the day indoors, scraping loose plaster and papering walls and ceilings. Looking forward to hitting the CalMac ferries with the touring push-bike after the clocks change, but very tempted by a wee early Spring stravaig with the fly rod on Tuesday as that's when the broon trout season starts :)

15086091918_c6078f03b1_h.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Milder today but damp at times. Max of 10.4C was first double figure since January.

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Where's everyone gone? Is down to the hardcore till December again?

Were all dying of boredom cos there's no real weather to report. Temps here today hit double figures, but I couldn't tell you exactly what as although I looked they didn't stick in my head. Dull all day with some light rain in the afternoon. 

Posted

Morning all

I'm in Aberdeenshire and the forecast suggests temps up to 15c this afternoon. Better make the most of it before I head back to Crail.

I'll be sticking around the thread over the summer months again. Here's to a good one.

• Like 1

Posted

Birds really singing this morning at 10c. Walls all sweating in steading and in house especially vinly on  concrete floors as everything slowly warms up again.

Posted

Back to status quo here really. Got the cloud (although it could break at anytime) unlike yesterday though wind's back to non existent

Posted

Pleasant calm morning in Caithness at 8C and hazy sunshine.  Skylarks, Peewits, Oystercatchers (noisy gits) in the fields and Fulmars and Wigeons on the shore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Feeling very springlike.

11c. Sunny outbreaks but very cloudy. Daffodils are all out :)

4 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Morning all

I'm in Aberdeenshire and the forecast suggests temps up to 15c this afternoon. Better make the most of it before I head back to Crail.

I'll be sticking around the thread over the summer months again. Here's to a good one.

Hopefully summer storm chasing is more rewarding than snow chasing has been this winter. We had some crackers here last summer and I might even figure out how to capture some lightning on my camera. 

Posted

Up to 13.5c here shirt sleeves bedding cattle. No daffodils here as even in sunny ares they are only a few inches through the ground and in shaded areas they are hardly peeping through yet. Its been pretty cold since mid January here and all the daffodil growth was in late November and December. Definitely April for daffodils here in full bloom.

Posted

Quite a pleasant day here today as the cloud broke up to let the sun out. Temps into the low teens I'd guess so felt OK but I'd not say warm. The wife and her friend's bees were enjoying the sunny weather and were quite docile for a check on their progress.

DSCN1391.thumb.JPG.14f566ff082b658ca395c DSCN1393.thumb.JPG.88cf5e792bce0f8280446 DSCN1404.thumb.JPG.fe94f92caf0e32dc45a48 DSCN1407.thumb.JPG.6e10ce5fa33dffb63625a

Same time last weekend up at Glenshee. Some grumpy bloke waiting on his wife putting her camera phone away so he can ski.

IMG_20160306_105830782.thumb.jpg.da0e698

Posted
5 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Up to 13.5c here shirt sleeves bedding cattle. No daffodils here as even in sunny ares they are only a few inches through the ground and in shaded areas they are hardly peeping through yet. Its been pretty cold since mid January here and all the daffodil growth was in late November and December. Definitely April for daffodils here in full bloom.

No daffs here either but a few crocuses are poking through. What seems very unusual is that our snowdrops are still in full bloom, which is odd because they seem to have been flowering for many weeks !

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, moffatross said:

No daffs here either but a few crocuses are poking through. What seems very unusual is that our snowdrops are still in full bloom, which is odd because they seem to have been flowering for many weeks !

Exactly the same here but crocuses have all burst into flower today after two frost free nights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffatross said:

The snowdrops have been out since the end of January and still going strong, do they usually last so long? 

I see the ECM is going for a bit of a northerly at +240, so perhaps we'll get one more tease before spring starts properly? 

@Hairy Celt, are you sad that you're going to be stuck with us reprobates all summer again? Are we that bad? :(