Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Feeling much chillier and darker this morning when out with the dog. Rain/sleet light and cold raw breeze.

Nice to see some falling snow last night. Nothing left of the snow this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Snow of some description lying around most of the city except rigt down at sea level near the coast where it's icy and frosty - an inch or two generally. Wasn't able to take a photo on on my journey south but from Drumosssie the sight overlooking the city was stunning - gentle blue morning skies with brilliant white mountains and snow covered pine. Perhaps someone else near the Clach will be in the area and can grab a photo or two! :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-1.6C when I left the house this morning so the snow cover in the village was still there, although it really is only a thin cover of refrozen stuff. A thin cover at work in Dyce too. Lots of blue sky around, but despite that the sun seems to be failing to make an appearance as of yet. Current temp in Dyce is a sultry 2C.

Posted

Cold air in place with more rain coming in tomorrow morning got to be a recipie for more of the white stuff surely ;)

Posted

Cold air in place with more rain coming in tomorrow morning got to be a recipie for more of the white stuff surely ;)

The potential is there for many:

15120106_3000.gif

15120112_3000.gif

Latest MET Warning:

gallery_19099_1_12332.jpg

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1448928000

I suspect I'll be on the wrong side of marginal like most of this past weekend but should be a fun morning on here regardless :-)

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted

Latest Euro4 not looking too good for anywhere but the highest ground up North for tomorrow morning.

Pretty frosty this evening! Very Slippy in places.

Edited by 101_North

Latest Euro4 not looking too good for anywhere but the highest ground up North for tomorrow morning.

Pretty frosty this evening! Very Slippy in places.

Evening 101, the devil is in the detail, perhaps. The precip charts are at six hour intervals, if it does snow it may only snow for a couple of hours so it's not getting picked up on the Euro4. Or it may be that the Euro4 is completely right after all :)

Posted

Happy to see some wet snow lying this morning on cars and grass for the first time this winter, although it was quickly washed away. Overnight, according to most forecasts 2-3 hours of snow is about the best that can be expected for low ground in southern and central areas in the morning before the much milder air moves in from the south west. Currently -0.1c/-0.7c under clear skies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

The fact it's quiet in here means there is little point in looking at charts...clearly anticipation of a higher ground event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

So not thinking I'll get any snaw the morn. Don't want tae jinx it.

But a commute in a Blizzard, however temporary.... :give_rose:

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Temp currently sat at 0.8C (was -ve earlier I'll swear) and the thin covering of snow in Kemnay survived the day.

Surprisingly so did the thin covering on our car park in Dyce despite the temp being up around 3 or 4C for a large part of the day, and the sun shining directly onto it. That's highly unusual.

Not expecting much from tomorrow, but hey, even some light snow for an hour will be enough to add to my 'days with falling snow' count. Which so far ain't looking too bad considering winter only starts tomorrow.

So not thinking I'll get any snaw the morn. Don't want tae jinx it.

But a commute in a Blizzard, however temporary.... :give_rose:

I quite fancy an early morning snowy drive. I need the precip to be here by about six, for a half six drive to work in thick snow. I couldn't care less what happens after 7am though, selfish, but that's it really :)

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Still only fell to 2.6C here. Considering it was below 4C at 4pm it's not dropped as much as expected. Seems to be a breeze which is keeping the Temp up here. DP is -1.5C though. But the Temp is going to have to drop very fast over the next few hours for there to be any chance of snow here because the Temp will rise as it clouds over before the rain/snow arrives.

Max was 4.1C here today. Similar to the 4.2C of yesterday. Got down to 1.5C last night. Showers were mostly of rain and sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

It's sitting about 2 below here - clear and icy. Such a pity the pesky rain is coming again to spoil it. I'm not really worried about getting snow to low levels I would rather have the crisp, dry cold than a slushy mess for the drive to work but as long as it doesn't rid the hills of their lovely white tops I'll be happy with anything really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Still a very satisfying depth of snow up in the Lomonds, so I went up for another torchlit walk after work.  Couldn't bear the thought that this might be the best snow event all winter and I didn't get out and enjoy it.....so grab a head torch and go! :)  Such a beautiful evening.

attachicon.gifIMG_3909.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3918.jpg

Wonderful pictures again!

Currently at 0.4C here. The car still has last night's frozen slush covering it so tomorrow's early drive will need some preparation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Ask nicely the mongooses may clean yer car

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Well the Temp has fallen to 1.4C now with a DP of -2.6C and outside looks a bit icier now. The breeze gas finally died. Still doubt there'll be any snow here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Wakes up, rushes to window in excitement, throws open curtains expecting to behold lovely white snowy scene, sees..........more rain, sags in disappointment, decides to have another half hour in bed.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Wakes up, rushes to window in excitement, throws open curtains expecting to behold lovely white snowy scene, sees..........more rain, sags in disappointment, decides to have another half hour in bed.

Aye, just cold rain here too.

Although Soutra looks fun for later... :diablo:

http://trafficscotland.org/livetrafficcameras/view/?cam=101

EDIT

The mongooses won't be up early enough

Is the plural not mongeese?

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2