Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Is there anything planned for the East coast? I'm in Glengormley - if anything reaches us we should hopefully get a good pasting ... but I haven't a clue about anything technical - all I know is I can't see much on the radar for this area.

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Is there anything planned for the East coast? I'm in Glengormley - if anything reaches us we should hopefully get a good pasting ... but I haven't a clue about anything technical - all I know is I can't see much on the radar for this area.

Not too much I feel. A western affair again like last couple of years. Getting snow starved over here! Might get one shower 

Posted
11 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Elevation will help in Glengormley but showers look like dying out before reaching that far. Shower are already dying out before they get to far inland. Hope you do see something but

Posted

Yeah a bit baffled why the east is in the warning area. Normally in a NW air flow we get very little. Of course the met have more tools than we have access to so maybe their models showcase hit in shower activity later to cover the eastern side as well. We will see but I'm not confident for the East going on past winters on a NW flow. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

Yeah a bit baffled why the east is in the warning area. Normally in a NW air flow we get very little. Of course the met have more tools than we have access to so maybe their models showcase hit in shower activity later to cover the eastern side as well. We will see but I'm not confident for the East going on past winters on a NW flow. 

I think there is a  period around 6PM on-wards were the showers merge together to give longer spell of snow for all of us this might be the trough we see on fax charts but i could be wrong the chart below is EURO4.

16011418_1406.gif

• Like 4

Posted

Thanks for all who replied to me. That's what I thought, unfortunately not much on the radar for us :( ... like Neiller said, we're still in the yellow warning zone which has baffled me a bit as I didn't anticipate much for us :sorry:

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Thanks for all who replied to me. That's what I thought, unfortunately not much on the radar for us :( ... like Neiller said, we're still in the yellow warning zone which has baffled me a bit as I didn't anticipate much for us :sorry:

RADAR.png

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, booferking said:

20.png

Looks good so let's hope your right! C'mon snow show all of us  a bit so I can crack open the wine! 

Posted

In fairness the longer the main shower activity holds off the greater the chance for it to fall as snow and settle. 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

If any reach my neck of the woods it would be this evening when temps would be dropping,would not be snow now with a temp of 3.5c (was 3.9c a short time ago).

-5 expected this night in rural areas and around freezing for towns, so people in the countryside stand a great chance of decent snow lasting throughout the morning until the early afternoon (that's if the snow decides to lay where you are)

Posted

Met ie weather below for tomorrow and fax chart showing what could be a nice spell of snow if the conditions are right so we have two chances tonight and tomorrow.:)

Tomorrow Friday, will be a cold and breezy day with sunny spells and scattered showers. The showers over Ulster will merge to longer spells of rain or sleet and snow later in the day, with some heavy falls at times. Afternoon temperatures of 4 to 6 degrees but feeling colder due to wind chill from blustery northwesterly winds.

fax36s.gif

• Like 1