Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
21 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Come on, peeps; the current situation is extremely marginal? Imagine what would happen had the MetO issued umpteen red warnings for heavy snowfalls, only for most low-lying locations to experience the usual marginal mixture of rain, sleet or wet snow? Netweather Forum Meltdown?

IMO, ice is the only certainty?

No one said they should release a red warning. Chill the hysterics. And their warnings for NI have been poor of late so poms post was in relation to that not red snow warnings

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Come on, peeps; the current situation is extremely marginal? Imagine what would happen had the MetO issued umpteen red warnings for heavy snowfalls, only for most low-lying locations to experience the usual marginal mixture of rain, sleet or wet snow? Netweather Forum Meltdown?

IMO, ice is the only certainty?

Sorry Ed but we are speaking from a local perspective and our experiences of warnings that should have been given but not and warnings that have been given but not merited, I personally am not talking about tonight just past performance. Happy to clarify :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Okay guys.:D But, in all the places I've stayed (MK, EA, Kent, NW Highlands, Fife) forecasts for snow have been rewarded the the dreaded rain. And, I must admit, failed snowfall is one life's great sickeners!

What does the Irish Met say?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Okay guys.:D But, in all the places I've stayed (MK, EA, Kent, NW Highlands, Fife) forecasts for snow have been rewarded the the dreaded rain. And, I must admit, failed snowfall is one life's great sickeners!

What does the Irish Met say?

Currently an orange warning with up to 8cm of snow for the north west of Ireland from Met Eireann.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Currently an orange warning with up to 8cm of snow for the north west of Ireland from Met Eireann.

Thank you, Sam.:) Met Eireann will always be best-placed to predict Eireann's weather, IMO. Just as the Scottish forecasters are the best at forecasting Scotland's weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature still dropping here, now down to 2.5C with the latest batch of precip turning ever more sleety. Should be snow once it gets below 2C I reckon

• Like 3

Posted

So on this run that front that was due to dump loads of snow on parts of England and Wales isn't making much headway now! Stalling just south of Ireland.  Just shows how much things change on a daily basis. 

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
11 minutes ago, ronan said:

So on this run that front that was due to dump loads of snow on parts of England and Wales isn't making much headway now! Stalling just south of Ireland.  Just shows how much things change on a daily basis. 

prectypeuktopo.png

The 12z GFS has the high pressure pushing much further west and those fronts, even after the one you posted, really struggling to make inroads. The high pressure then builds again and brings with it some cold easterlies. The GFS is finally joining the ECM and UKMO it seems.

• Like 3

Posted

1.5C and sleety/wet snow falling. I'm sure the nearby mountains are getting a good pasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
10 hours ago, ronan said:

Same problem Pom, dont know how to remove this quote box on mobile!

Anyway, thought we might have fared better with this morning's ppn but temps rose quite quickly so had to make do with a light dusty on the school run. 

Tomorrow looks to be out best bet, BBC app showing continuous snow for my area from 2pm to after midnight. Really hope it doesn't turn into a sleety mess. I'm working in Cookstown tomorrow so could be a snowy drive home.

Screenshot_2016-01-13-19-04-33.png

• Like 2

Posted

Main BBC website shows wintry showers in the NW tomorrow morning shifting Eastwards through the day into Friday. This is the only snow showing whilst we wait and see how the Atlantic attacks next week

The BBC graphics for Friday show a maximum in Belfast of 6 degrees under -7 degree 850 s in the middle of Winter.  Surely not?

Posted

Really can,t see any snow tonight so best chance for snow seems to be from 12pm tomorrow right through to Friday then a settle dry cold period then god knows after that.

So we really need to make the most of it tomorrow and hope the snow gods are on are side so we can keep a nice snow pack through the dry cold period until what ever happens next are else this cold spell was all for nothing but can,t complain much as we have went through 2 months of wet mild mug.:)

• Like 1

Posted

Had snow recently in Antrim :) like proper snow yay.  Didn't last long tho :(

10553575_108224792891992_5020210271948557494_n.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Snow! Moderate shower for about 10 minutes. Slight covering too!

IGgEPTB.jpg 4OIrC70.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Hovering around 3 degrees here this evening with very very light rain, it's almost foggy this evening with poor visibility here.

Was in Lisburn early and it was trying to snow coming back over the mountain towards dundrod, heavy thick sleet at one point.

The precipitation on radar doesn't seem to be moving very quick this evening

Posted

More light snow now. Hopefully the showers will keep going for a while longer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

According to the weather radar I'm under snow but it's raining outside not even a bit of sleet to speak of.