Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Good to know it's not just me it's showing as snow but raining. I text the wife to ask her if it's snowing in the town as where I am could be under an area showing as sleet and my house is under an area showing as heavy snow but she hasn't text back she's either sleeping or ignoring me and calling me mental lol.  

Posted

Yea we did well last year for over night events that melted by afternoon. I remember them well as I watched the snow fall on nightshift. 1 night as I was going to work I clearly remember having to clear the car of snow at least twice as it was coming down so fast. 

Posted

Latest update from the met office for NI sounds promising.  

Tonight:
Rather cloudy with further sleet and snow showers, heavy at times with significant accumulations of snow on higher ground. A cold night with a frost and fresh northwesterly winds. Minimum Temperature -2°C.

Friday:
Rather cloudy during the morning with further sleet and snow showers, heavy at times. They will become fewer and lighter during the afternoon with more sunshine. Cold, strong northwesterly wind. 

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 1

Posted

Think there might be a meto warning issued this morn. But could be hit and miss due to showery activity. Some could get very lucky I would say. ! 

• Like 1

Posted

Well if it's going to snow over here,  it has to be in the next 36 hours.

All eyes on radar watch today and keep the updates coming on what is falling from the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
23 hours ago, ronan said:

Surprised to see no warning considering their forecast. We've had a couple of dud snow warnings recently which came out earlier than the projected snow today. Fingers crossed it comes off. Hopefully temps don't rise as fast today, their forecast is for it to peak at 2℃ for an hour or so this afternoon then plummet below freezing later In afternoon.

Posted
8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The Black Hills North of Belfast have a wee covering too.

I would say you're in a prime position (as ever) this evening Pom.

I think we all could be surprised Mountain,  the sky and air has that look about it those more West based than me should do even better.  Anyway folks take plenty of pictures if you get any :) 

Posted
44 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

The Sperrins are looking resplendent in their snow wear this morning :)

Will be driving over towards Creggan in half an hour will get a few snaps. 

Posted

Big drop in temperature again there down to 1.7 outside and 13.5 in my bedroom lol. I'd love to stay up and do some now casting but I have to sleep I'm in again tonight.

A bit of a covering on coleraine mountain too one of the nurses comes that way it kept her back a bit. 

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

lovely clear crisp morning here,temp 0.2c.

Posted

There we are, met office warning issued:

Screenshot_2016-01-14-09-52-48.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A few more light snow showers overnight, but not enough to give more than a dusting. The Met Eireann update sounds interesting today though.

A cold day ahead; some icy roads this morning and top afternoon temperatures of only 2 to 6 degrees with frost lingering in sheltered areas. 
Most areas dry this morning with sunny spells but scattered heavy wintry showers in Atlantic coastal counties will become more widespread through the day with some falls of snow occurring later.

• Like 3

Posted

Hope so Booferking. Radar and lamp post watching this eve! Make the most out because god knows when next chance will be!!