Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Next weekend is looking interesting. Possible blizzards for a time if things work out.

Indeed MS, this chart is showing country wide snow for next weekend, some strong gust around the north and north west coast through the weekend to.

image.png

• Like 3

Posted

I'm baaaaccckkkk! Had a great few days away from the MOD thread and look now, there is a shot of now next weekend and some atlantic ridge possibilities! Looks like the SSW is a strong contender too... I'm defo more upbeat this evening.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Would love for something like that to come or way! Baltic has my head jumping around with glee from those pictures in New York.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Minimum of 11.7C overnight here, and 11.2C the night before. Snow potential largely gone of the 00z GFS too :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

According to this, the warmest January temperature on record for Malin Head is 14.4C, while this site reports Malin Head reaching 14.5C yesterday, so a possible record there.

Posted

Well one thing this week won't be and that is boring weather wise. Severe gales, Flooding and Snow. Snow risk for NW on Wednesday and weekend still not certain yet. Better than mundane dross

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Felt like a summers night last night with the temp here hovering around 13c all night . Remarkable. Has to be the warmest jan night ive ever recorded.

Only now is the temp falling back slightly,12.5c.

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

If feb doesnt deliver i would put my life on it we would see some snow in march and/or april.

Posted

Wind Warning for Ireland

South to southwest winds of 60 to 65km/h, with gusts of 100 to 110km/h are expected tonight and for a time tomorrow. Winds could reach higher speeds at times in some exposed Atlantic coastal areas.

Valid:

Tuesday 26 January 2016 00:01 to Tuesday 26 January 2016 14:00

Rainfall Warning for West Munster, Connacht and Donegal

Heavy rain expected overnight and Tuesday morning with falls of 30 to 40mm expected in West Munster, Connacht and Donegal, possibly larger values on high ground

Valid:

Tuesday 26 January 2016 00:01 to Tuesday 26 January 2016 12:00

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

After a very trying week for my family it's always a good reminder not to sweat the small stuff,  and whether or not we get snow is indeed small stuff.   Beggars can't be choosers but I personally hate a cold spring and summer.  I would love to see a cold blast for everyone come February but definitely no later than the last week of March.  I see the meto have put up some rain warnings for the week ahead.

Posted
Just now, Pomeroysnow said:

Jez that's some difference in temperature for Ulster compared to the rest of Ireland!! 

Tell me about it... #Dublinsnowshield

• Like 1

Posted

However, as Saturday progresses, things get a little more interesting, maybe an hour or 2 of heavy snow... Marginal to say the least, but maybe worth it!

Screen shot 2016-01-26 at 12.42.13.png

Screen shot 2016-01-26 at 12.43.09.png

• Like 2