Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

The long range forecast on BBC looks very good for most of Ireland on Friday night/Saturday. Will be interesting to see how far east the showers can penetrate. The last few warnings have been damp squibs.

Posted
12 minutes ago, BIG LAD said:

bbc weather coming up now. see what they say...

No change to earlier forecast, I have a feeling the usual suspects will get snow, but closer to sea level will have very little

Posted
3 hours ago, Weegaz said:

As much as I enjoy snow and look forward to it Saturday is the wife's due date so I kinda have mixed feelings about it!! Lol

Tomorrows looking wild and windy and then Saturday is when the fun starts for most

Weegaz, don't worry I'm a midwife. You organise the snow and I will organise the homebirth.  What could be more awesome that a lovely wee homebirth In front of an open fire during a blizzard.  Mates rates apply of course lol!  All the best!

• Like 2

Posted

would be nice to see something decent on fri night/sat. temps up to 11c again sunday though so will be brief cold spell.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sperrin said:

What's a mini blizzard?  When does a mini blizzard become a normal blizzard.

Whatever happens it will be a wild 24 hours.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

What's a mini blizzard?  When does a mini blizzard become a normal blizzard.

Whatever happens it will be a wild 24 hours.

Mini blizzard i would say is Winds over 35mph and heavy snow shower giving temporary Blizzard conditions.

Normal blizzard i would say is like last week in the states winds over 35mph and heavy snow lasting over several hours are longer at a time.

Its the first time i have ever heard the  word mini blizzard but sounds good hope it comes off.

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

The wind has really picked up here, there's trolleys and signs blowing all over the carpark at work tonight 

Posted

Just lost power. Winds have died down considerably so I guess its the repair crews doing while repairing lines. Apparently we had no power for a couple of hours overnight but I slept through it all ha. Been years since I lost power due to winds

Posted
2 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

I see winter is over Forever according to the model thread earlier. Thought I had went into the moan and groan thread for a second!!! 

Its like a moaning contest and winner gets two feet of snow

• Like 3