Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
11 hours ago, Aliaalu said:

Weegaz, don't worry I'm a midwife. You organise the snow and I will organise the homebirth.  What could be more awesome that a lovely wee homebirth In front of an open fire during a blizzard.  Mates rates apply of course lol!  All the best!

lol, woke up this morning to no electric so would have had to use the head touch to see what was going on.......maybe the darkness would have suited me actually. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a glance in their regional thread lol. Boofer I think you should post your snow pics in there as I think you get a special mention from one of them without saying your name ha. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I felt the need to comment on the southeast forum! Had to stick up for booferking! 

Cheers mate only seen the comments now funny bunch in there had to have my say also.

Hope we all see snow later that wind today would go through you.:cold:

Posted
33 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

Just had a glance in their regional thread lol. Boofer I think you should post your snow pics in there as I think you get a special mention from one of them without saying your name ha. 

Haha camera at the ready just need snow.lol

Posted

Hopefully snow tonight. 

This sounds nice. open road at work

Snapchat-3553193340195038258.thumb.jpg.1

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looks like a DOE update for road network gritting. I think this could be our best snow this winter Pom. 

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, booferking said:

Haha camera at the ready just need snow.lol

I see our quotes on the southeast thread have been removed! You got to laugh. Must have hurt his feelings. 

Posted

Wind dying down now, recorded a gust of 78mph last night, on my newly repaired anonemeter so not sure how accurate it is. Definitely a wild night. Was woken a few times the roaring wind.

• Like 1

Posted

Not the only post that was deleted. I posted the Amber snow warning for Scotland in the model thread. Our warning is just one level below amber btw. Yesterday a mod said the only lowland snow would be for N.Scotland nothing to get excited about I said NI and Southern Scotland could see low level snow too and was told it was sad for a newbie to disagree with a more experienced poster, elsewhere would only be good if your up a hill/mountain, no need to dust off your sleigh yet etc. Well the amber warning covers lowland Southern Scotland too 2-4 inches. It was deleted lol, I can't fathom that ha so sad

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 1

Posted

Met Eireann Snow warning issued-

Snow-ice Warning for Ireland

Icy patches expected to develop overnight/early Saturday in many parts of the country in spite of the wind. Sleet and snow showers expected to develop in the North and Northwest through the night giving several cms of snow on high ground and a covering at some lower levels. Towards morning a scattering of wintry showers will spread further South and East to other parts also.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

Not the only post that was deleted. I posted the Amber snow warning for Scotland in the model thread. Our warning is just one level below amber btw. Yesterday a mod said the only lowland snow would be for N.Scotland nothing to get excited about I said NI and Southern Scotland could see low level snow too and was told it was sad for a newbie to disagree with a more experienced poster, elsewhere would only be good if your up a hill/mountain, no need to dust off your sleigh yet etc. Well the amber warning covers lowland Southern Scotland too 2-4 inches. It was deleted lol, I can't fathom that ha so sad

U have to laugh don't you. Seems it only counts if it's snowing in the southeast. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Wind dying down now, recorded a gust of 78mph last night, on my newly repaired anonemeter so not sure how accurate it is. Definitely a wild night. Was woken a few times the roaring wind.

How do you think you will fare tomorrow Rochey, fingers crossed for the snow shield to be smashed for you bud :)

Posted
28 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

How do you think you will fare tomorrow Rochey, fingers crossed for the snow shield to be smashed for you bud :)

I doubt the precipitation will make it this far, and if it does it should fall as sleet and more likely snow. Depends if the strong wind will carry it far enough for me. You guys are really in the firing line, upper air appears to be -6 or lower and the precip rate should be decent enough to get a good covering. Going to feel bitter tomorrow, that's for sure!!! Dew points are all good too. It will really start to cool down from darkness tonight. You guys will see the first snow before 10 or midnight I'd say.

• Like 1

Posted

GFS total precipitation to 7am Sunday morning

48-777UK.GIF?29-6

Donegal looks like the place to be. For fun I'm not sure how you translate that to snow depth, searched online but different results so nothing conclusive

• Like 2