Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
Just now, ronan said:

Just had a nosey in the Model Thread, sorry the Midlands/South Model thread and made a quick retreat. Unless you live up a mountain then you won't see any snow this weekend.  

Lol stay away from there they are not happy with me are anyone from Midlands North.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

I see you are popular on the Model Thread as well Boofer, as we know by now if it's not snowing in a certain area then it doesn't count anywhere else.  Hope we don't jinks it for ourselves lol

I know i was thinking that myself please don,t jinks this:nea:

• Like 1

Posted

There are valid points being made, I mean, it is marginal... A slight warming of the uppers and it will be highland snow, then again, another cooling of the uppers will mean fun for all!!! Looking forward to now casting this!

• Like 1

Posted

Like most I will believe it when I see it. Not convinced at all. Above 100m might get a Wee but  elsewhere I can't see much. And meto update not great. Changed from northerly mid Feb to maybe late Feb no northerly mentioned and dry and settled. That's not a good sign. Last chance is facing quickly in my eyes to add to another woeful winter. 

Posted
1 hour ago, ronan said:

Saturday still looking good folks! The 12z precip charts have a bit of an upgrade on them so alls good!!

You folk will do v well only 36 odd hours away it is secure, a good set up for Ireland. I expect showers to merge into longer spells of snow, if I was in Northern Ireland I'd be rather excited. 

• Like 7

Posted
55 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

You folk will do v well only 36 odd hours away it is secure, a good set up for Ireland. I expect showers to merge into longer spells of snow, if I was in Northern Ireland I'd be rather excited. 

Cheers Daniel. We certainly do well in these setups. Definitely getting a bit excited. 

• Like 1

Posted

Very disappointed with the change in long range forecast from the met office. I was looking forward to a cold month ahead

Posted

This weekend looks colder than anything that the charts are showing for next week so lets make the most of it and pray we hit the sweet spot come Saturday.

I mentioned last night and the day before i was taking what the ECM & UKMO was showing with a pinch of salt and was cautious to the GFS was on board and was shot down by some senior posters they even dismissed a performance chart which should in clear black and white that GFS was performing rather well in the cold spells this winter.

Think i will stay clear of that area i might be a novice and that,s well in good but they show you no respect at all.

And i just hear Angie mention the word mini Blizzards for tomorrow night.:yahoo:

Edited by booferking

Posted

Yeah enjoy Saturday indeed and IMO I still think it's too early to know how later next week will play out. We have another storm to contend with as well. Busy few days coming up at least it isn't boring 

Posted

As much as I enjoy snow and look forward to it Saturday is the wife's due date so I kinda have mixed feelings about it!! Lol

Tomorrows looking wild and windy and then Saturday is when the fun starts for most

• Like 4

Checked BBC Weather again, they downgraded most of the snow for Friday night to sleet/rain.. Hoping not the case, but not getting my hopes up like last time!

Posted

The online ones are made by computer while the video forecast is human generated.