Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

mild and dull here,the weather type i hate the most. Looking much cooler next week thankfully.  

My hopes and thoughts for nov are for plenty of frosty and foggy weather and a below average month overall. If we are to get a proper wintry spell anytime over the coming weeks i think it will hold off until sometime in dec.

Posted

Hows it going folks. Normally in here posting way before now but i have heard there is a chance of colder weather from next week on so happy days. Time to have a nosey through the rest of the forum to catch up on things. Hope you are all keeping well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards and deep cold

Hi everyone longtime reader of these forums looks like an exciting weather watching period coming up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, carboncowboy75 said:

Hi everyone longtime reader of these forums looks like an exciting weather watching period coming up

Welcome carboncowboy75. It is, as you say 'interesting'!:good:

Posted

So very random thing happened on my way down from Omagh to Pomeroy tonight, could hear this scratching noise in the car, thought ah stained glass window it's a rat, but no it was a stained glass windowin hedgehog how it got in I have no idea, anyway have the wee dude packed off to the garden plenty of bushes and fallen leaves to build it's hibernation den, poor wee thing!! 

• Like 1

Posted

You gotta love the stained glass window Hedgehogs Pom. Lol. Such an interesting period of weather coming up. This is the type of Autumn we want....mild, cold, trees still in full leaf and the main thing.....LOADS OF BLOCKING!! Screenshot from the beeb week ahead. Won't take much going in to November for us to see somthing good develope from this. Polar Vortex is non existent, cold building in the eastern block extending west and the jet stream split. Great stuff and well worth keeping an eye on. 

Screenshot_2016-10-31-03-45-22.png

• Like 2

Posted

Hah lads, what is stained glass window swear filter for?

Interesting looking charts for days 7-10 Early November chills, they're multiplying!

• Like 2

Posted

John Hammond live on the BBC News Facebook page now giving his view on the upcoming winter. Very interesting to say the least!!

Edited by ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

certainly the coldest evening of the season  so far, temp 4.3c,should get a sharp frost by morning.

Posted

car therm dipped to 2.5c at half 6 this eve before settling at 3.5c. first time the frost light came on since spring. dont think we are gonna see the best of the cold next few days, england and scotland best positioned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

There was a decent grass frost the other morning can't remember which. I had to scrape the car at 8 in the morning coming home from work.

I don't want to get too excited but I have a feeling we'll see something half decent this winter. Here's to hoping anyway.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi guys

Do any of you know where I can find what sort of climate is usual in an area in Eire? Currently thinking about a move to Co Clare and know what West Clare is like was wondering if it was much different in East or North East Clare.