Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
2 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Just imagine if the models did a u turn

and we get snow and ice in March.

there again I suppose some would

still moan and whinge 

C.S

too bloody right i would... i lost 20% of my income in 2013...

Posted
11 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

too bloody right i would... i lost 20% of my income in 2013...

Quite. who on earth wants snow in spring with nature just waking? Not that it's been asleep that long this year

adorable-squirrel-smelling-flower.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

Quite. who on earth wants snow in spring with nature just waking? Not that it's been asleep that long this year

Not sure it has slept at all. The sight of flies and wasps in December and January spoke volumes to me about this so called winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
35 minutes ago, knocker said:

But who on earth wants wild life in January ? Knowing they will be killed immediately once cold returns ? March is a month of transition . It can be bitter aka 2013 or very warm aka 2012 . 

We had 22c in 2012 but -10 in 2013 so it's anything and everything on the table .

me personally can't stand the last 3 winters , it's so unatural and and makes me really wanna move out of this crap climate 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Ridiculously mild, almost warm out there today, feeling more like Spring but without the sunshine.

I've definitely given up on Winter arriving down here and just want it over now, looking forward to the Summer and storm season although that usually disappoints too. 

Such a crappy climate we have in this country, what I would give to live in the States.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
6 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

Ridiculously mild, almost warm out there today, feeling more like Spring but without the sunshine.

I've definitely given up on Winter arriving down here and just want it over now, looking forward to the Summer and storm season although that usually disappoints too. 

Such a crappy climate we have in this country, what I would give to live in the States.

Much prefer the Canadian climate with the exception of spring..as the Canadians say it sucks!

Posted

The past couple of winters have been destroyed by Azores High influence.

This winter It's been the damn Euro heights that have prevented any real Northerly or Easterly chances!

I remember the days when Atlantic depressions took a more Southerly track across France into Europe which allowed much colder air to flood down from the North.

Why doesn't that ever happen these days?

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

You might get colder winters with much higher chance of snow events.

But, you'll also have a much high chance of being shot by some crackpot! 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, snowblizzard said:

I remember the days when Atlantic depressions took a more Southerly track across France into Europe which allowed much colder air to flood down from the North.

Yeah, one of the reasons why we have so horrible drought here. Cold front from west that brought huge storms in summer dissapeared in the last three years. The same goes for NW flow with snow showers in winter. Never happens anymore.

sfctmpmer_01a.fnl.30.gif

This map says it all. How can we expect at least average winter in the world so warm? I went for a run today and trees are ready to bloom. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

To be honest i think this winter is now finished,nothing apart from a few straw clutching charts are showing up. Just hope this summer doesn't continue in the same vein. Summer heat i dislike strongly but i know many people love it (no idea why!),but if this awful weather continues i fear for both the wildlife and economic situation many people may find themselves in ie tourist and agriculture sector. anybody who doesn't agree our weather has changed in my in my opinion is a totally deluded.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
17 minutes ago, markyo said:

anybody who doesn't agree our weather has changed in my in my opinion is a totally deluded.

you werent around in the early 70's then when we had a run of 6 winters that produced just about no snow. i recall a feature on 'nationwide' (topical, daily affairs programme) highlighting the mild/early spring. that was in 74 i think.

the climate has always fluctuated, its not uncommon to have a run of mild winters .

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

you werent around in the early 70's then when we had a run of 6 winters that produced just about no snow. i recall a feature on 'nationwide' (topical, daily affairs programme) highlighting the mild/early spring. that was in 74 i think.

the climate has always fluctuated, its not uncommon to have a run of mild winters .

Yeah, it could just be 3 mild winters (last year was actually not far from average temperature wise), and a colder one in 2016/17

People seem too quick to think our climate has changed.. before 08/09/10 etc it was the 'm0dern winter' etc and some saying would we see a CET month below 3C.. then people were asking if our winters were becoming colder and snowier due to solar activity or some other change, and now it's changed back to some saying mild and wet is the 'winter of the future'.

Of course there may have been some sort of shift in synoptics due to a surprisingly controversial scientific consensus.

If it was a random dataset, mild and cold winters would tend to cluster at times, because random is very different to an alternating pattern.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

To many people giving up on winter today.

It's the 1st of Feb for ----'s sake,not March18th

See even 1 of the big hitter's on the mod thread,ready to through in the towel if the Ecm12's is poor. Really,brave call if you ask me.

For all i know,3 weeks from now,i might be sledging down my favourite hill. Probalbly won't but hey,you never know.

If there's 1 thing above all else iv'e learned on here,it's that things can change quickly. Today's horror show can be tomorrow's Nivarna.

Personally,i think something's coming,dont know why,cant post any charts to back this up,just a feeling iv'e got.

Saying something when probably,the most southely member of this forum,still has hope.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Sorry disagree,i was around in the early 70's.(loved nationwide!) Agree that we had a run of mild weather,but surely somebody of your obvious understanding of the weather can't fail to see the bigger picture. The resent usa weather over the last few years point in case coupled with the massive increase and frequency of extreme weather events must surely point to a shift in our climatic situation. This is not a fluctuation by any means. Sorry to disagree but until people realise this then i feel we have a problem.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

To many people giving up on winter today.

It's the 1st of Feb for ----'s sake,not March18th

See even 1 of the big hitter's on the mod thread,ready to through in the towel if the Ecm12's is poor. Really,brave call if you ask me.

For all i know,3 weeks from now,i might be sledging down my favourite hill. Probalbly won't but hey,you never know.

If there's 1 thing above all else iv'e learned on here,it's that things can change quickly. Today's horror show can be tomorrow's Nivarna.

Personally,i think something's coming,dont know why,cant post any charts to back this up,just a feeling iv'e got.

Saying something when probably,the most southely member of this forum,still has hope.

posting charts changed I think, now its copy image address, not copy image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I also not giving up this Winter. Maybe there won't be any snow but I still desperate for it I won't give up until I see a nation wide snow event dumps 10cms+ in places. Even probably in April  or May maybe. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
19 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

posting charts changed I think, now its copy image address, not copy image

Right. Well,thanks for that.:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
50 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

yes but since the late 80s most of our winters have been mild and since then each decade has got more snowless then the one before.

• Like 1