Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

To punish yourself? A weather sadomasochist? You said it causes you mental anguish, why the hell would you go and remind yourself of it then? 

Always a good thing i reckon, he will remember dates when so and so happened,pretty legit me thinks  dont think hes doing it to punish himself.

On another note slack northerlies though id happily take as time goes on tbh

Edited by Stormyking
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Always a good thing i reckon, he will remember dates when so and so happened,pretty legit me thinks  dont think hes doing it to punish himself.

On another note slack northerlies though id happily take as time goes on tbh

You are replying to so done who does a timelapse for every day ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Folks, let's not turn this into yet another tiresome mildie -v- coldie argument again please.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
17 minutes ago, Thunderbolt_ said:

I can pleasure myself  :)

Too much information, way too much!!

• Like 2

Posted

Sort of wish we could just fast forward to start of May and put us out of our misery..  its been a miserable 3 months in the main and February looks like offering more of the same at least to start. It really affects my mood in winter when all we are served is wind, rain, mild and low cloud - cold, bright crisp days with frost and snow make my day.. my energy levels are better when we have such weather.. I've been downbeat recently and I can't help think the weather is partly to blame - I felt the same during winter 13/14, sunshine levels have been absolutely abysmal since the clocks went back, we've been in a perpetual air of grey... at least we have longer days to start looking forward too, and there is a massive change in the feel of things when the clocks go forward, indeed winters back tends to break mid Feb, and people's moods begin to get more positive again, right now we are all still firmly in mid winter mode.

As I said I normally refrain from posting in this thread at anytime of year, but the entrenched grimness of recent weeks has forced me in here. I hope not to have to post in here again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)
14 minutes ago, Thunderbolt_ said:

I have had the privilege of experiencing this wonderful winter. :)

Wonderful winter? Roads and bridges have been washed away in parts of the country, peoples homes & businesses have been wrecked by flooding. I'm sure they'll agree it's been a wonderful winter! 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

and me damian, come on May!

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long for break from this westerly dominance, be it warm/pleasant or cold and snowy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
7 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Sort of wish we could just fast forward to start of May and put us out of our misery..  its been a miserable 3 months in the main and February looks like offering more of the same at least to start. It really affects my mood in winter when all we are served is wind, rain, mild and low cloud - cold, bright crisp days with frost and snow make my day.. my energy levels are better when we have such weather.. I've been downbeat recently and I can't help think the weather is partly to blame - I felt the same during winter 13/14, sunshine levels have been absolutely abysmal since the clocks went back, we've been in a perpetual air of grey... at least we have longer days to start looking forward too, and there is a massive change in the feel of things when the clocks go forward, indeed winters back tends to break mid Feb, and people's moods begin to get more positive again, right now we are all still firmly in mid winter mode.

As I said I normally refrain from posting in this thread at anytime of year, but the entrenched grimness of recent weeks has forced me in here. I hope not to have to post in here again.

Yes it's been a thoroughly miserable Winter mate. With little to cheer about from a coldie perspective apart from 1 snowfall in this location. I am a hardened "coldie" in Winter but if we cannot get anything in the next 2-3 weeks then I am going to look forward to the stronger sunshine of late March when it can start to feel very pleasant on a bright day.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
38 minutes ago, Law of averages!! said:

Who likes MILD… in winter :cc_confused: :nonono::fool:

If it is dry and sunny...yes I'll grab it with both hands.

Mild wet and windy on the other hand...not a cat in hell's chance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

If it is dry and sunny...yes I'll grab it with both hands.

Mild wet and windy on the other hand...not a cat in hell's chance.

Yes I quite enjoy mild and sunny, but not wet, but would rather rain at 12C than 4C

Posted
18 minutes ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Wonderful winter? Roads and bridges have been washed away in parts of the country, peoples homes & businesses have been wrecked by flooding. I'm sure they'll agree it's been a wonderful winter! 

This...this...this.  Hell will freeze over before I would dare call a season which has inflicted so much flood related misery on the people of Cumbria in particular, but not discounting South West Scotland, North West Wales and parts of Yorkshire as "wonderful"

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I wont use this thread to moan or for that matter ramp(if ever we get that chance) as it wont change the weather.

While i appreciate disappointment with our so called Winter,there's nothing we can do about it.

I have followed weather charts since the early 1960's and have seen all the ups and downs in our seasons.If you are here just for snow then expect many let downs as it is very much a long odds UK weather occurrence for most lowland areas.

That's the truth but when it does snow it's a beautiful bonus.

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Of course it can snow in May 

M1935a155.jpg

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted

The Facebook "on this day" feature is a good one for my weather memories. My status on the 31st Jan 2014 was bemoaning the endless rain, and how we only had 1 dry day all month. Just reminded me that it could be far, far worse.

Even so, this has been a crap winter, and there looks like very little change for the next 10 days at least.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

The Facebook "on this day" feature is a good one for my weather memories. My status on the 31st Jan 2014 was bemoaning the endless rain, and how we only had 1 dry day all month. Just reminded me that it could be far, far worse.

Even so, this has been a crap winter, and there looks like very little change for the next 10 days at least.

yes, mine on 31st Jan 2010 was decent snow! and Jan 18th '13

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, mine on 31st Jan 2010 was decent snow! and Jan 18th '13

Oh the December 2010 memories popping up were just depressing!

Edited by Nick L

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

Oh the December 2010 memories were just depressing!

didnt use Facebook much then

Posted

Depends on where you live I guess. Here we had Gertrude on Friday, snow on Saturday and Henry is raging outside just now (my bin has just had to be recovered after taking flight!)

so the last few days have been really exciting weather wise and certainly 'extreme'

if populated parts of the USA had the wind speeds we've had here in the populated central belt (fri and mon) theyre media would make a huge deal out of it!

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Of course it can snow in May 

M1935a155.jpg

Early May 2010 the council were still using ploughs to deal with the snowfall in parts of NE Scotland. I had 2.5 foot drifts outside my house and couldn't manage to get the range rover out of the drive. The joys of winter 2009/10!

Edited by Norrona2015
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well of course there are favourable parts of the country where it can snow from October to May, my window for snowfall is somewhat smaller down here, thank heavens. 

So in fact it could still snow for the next four months or so in some places in good old Albion.

Posted

Dont bother looking at the 0z runs if your interested in cold and snow, if your interested in wind and rain you have really hit the jackpot living in this hell hole.

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, phil nw. said:

I wont use this thread to moan or for that matter ramp(if ever we get that chance) as it wont change the weather.

While i appreciate disappointment with our so called Winter,there's nothing we can do about it.

I have followed weather charts since the early 1960's and have seen all the ups and downs in our seasons.If you are here just for snow then expect many let downs as it is very much a long odds UK weather occurrence for most lowland areas.

That's the truth but when it does snow it's a beautiful bonus.

Not here "just for snow"...haven't seen it falling since Boxing Day 2014 - not that big a masochist. The moaning is this winter delivering way too much foul rotten weather (wet and windy autumnal rubbish)

Just want Spring now. Not interested in Jam Tomorrow charts now..

Nor could those of us who've had no proper winter yet care much anymore about how much snow a Northern hill is getting...most of us don't live on a Northern hill.. 

• Like 1