Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, amanda2012 said:

@Kent Blizzard thank you what kids of gusts would u say for the Saturday? Xc weather are saying around 59 mph :( hate this weather 

Amanda, it's a week away so could well change before then, but MetO is currently going for 40mph gusts for me. No different to the rest of the winter really and less than some of the windy weather we've had :) Think of it as nothing more than a bit breezy and decent for drying washing.

Posted

Never mind roll on summer I'm still waiting patiently for winter. :cold:

A graceful day blue skies, long spells of sunshine and quite blustery and cool. Autumn has been on a loop since December indications of this breaking down as we enter last 2 weeks of Feb not great being at the back-end but I would take it.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

You're more patient than I am, @Daniel* ! :D At this point I'm hoping the UK retains at least two seasons and isn't reduced to just autumn. Seriously considering emigrating to Alaska...winters now are such a far cry from my childhood in the 80s :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

How I feel at the moment, it would be nice to have a month's sleep:bad: 

wake me up if it thunders before then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 hours ago, Cableguy said:

Wake me up when something interesting happens down here, horrendous winter so far.

OK night night, see you next Winter.

3 hours ago, Dami said:

How I feel at the moment, it would be nice to have a month's sleep:bad: 

wake me up if it thunders before then.

OK night night see you in June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

june..sounds lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Horrible light rain outside, awful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Ive had enough now,yet another mild,wet windy winter,roll on spring,seriously,why cant winters be winter anymore,what is happening,if this is to become the norm,im moving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Should dry up later and be milder but even so it'll still be dull & gloomy.

Let's just hope the last week of Feb brings a good decent snow event then it can all p*#s off for Spring to deliver warm sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Filthy day! Heavy soaking drizzle and feels chilly. At least the wind is very light. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Should dry up later and be milder but even so it'll still be dull & gloomy.

Let's just hope the last week of Feb brings a good decent snow event then it can all p*#s off for Spring to deliver warm sunshine.

Spring is looking cold.:cold:

2 hours ago, snowrye said:

Ive had enough now,yet another mild,wet windy winter,roll on spring,seriously,why cant winters be winter anymore,what is happening,if this is to become the norm,im moving.

It's quite normal to get three mild winters in a row, so no need to panic just yet, nothing untoward happening, four would be a bit worrying though.:drunk-emoji:

3 hours ago, Dami said:

june..sounds lovely.

Is the Bedford storm shield down in June:cc_confused::reindeer-emoji:

16 hours ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

You're more patient than I am, @Daniel* ! :D At this point I'm hoping the UK retains at least two seasons and isn't reduced to just autumn. Seriously considering emigrating to Alaska...winters now are such a far cry from my childhood in the 80s :cray:

It's been autumn here since April 2013:wallbash: Raining, 10c, typical autumn day, big autumn storm approaching tomorrow, storm Harry or whatever it's called.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's been autumn here since April 2013:wallbash: Raining, 10c, typical autumn day, big autumn storm approaching tomorrow, storm Harry or whatever it's called.

It's only Harry when it's out with its mates. It's Henry on formal occasions and when it's in trouble with its mum :D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The temperature has just shot up, it almost feels humid????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Wowsers!! There's a full blown row on the model forum I'm surprised they've not got banned or warnings from the mods. Can only assume they are fewer in number given its Sunday. This winter has been DIABOLICAL For cold and snow not a single flake in two years crazy ....

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Wowsers!! There's a full blown row on the model forum I'm surprised they've not got banned or warnings from the mods. Can only assume they are fewer in number given its Sunday. This winter has been DIABOLICAL For cold and snow not a single flake in two years crazy ....

Indeed, all rather unpleasant. I don't understand the vindictiveness...ironic when it's usually the south branded as 'bitter'. I don't mind at all when other parts of the county get snow, fair play to them, but some people in other regions seem to resent southerners wanting snow too? It's really peculiar.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

All swings and roundabouts really, 2015 could have been summed up by the fact that the north west got a decent winter whilst we got nothing, whilst our summer was okay bar the first 3 weeks of June and the the of July whilst the north west was dreadful throughout.

I was hoping for an improvement by the turn of the month, but that upper trough is simply refusing to get east of us leaving a rather unsettled picture for the first week of February with temperatures near normal.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

According to weatherweb TV, the rest of Feb will be  dominated by w/nw winds which usually means no snow here. The scandi high, mid feb freeze looks doubtful now. Looks like the OFI (October Fog Index) will prove to be correct again. Everyone got so obsessed with the OPI , when all you need to do is see how foggy October is, a lot of fog = snowy winter, hardly any or none = crap fest.:doh: I've had three slight fogs in the last three Octobers and three slight snowfalls have followed, amounting to half a cm.:reindeer-emoji: I think we can say  that winter is over now. Spring on the other hand................:cold-emoji::cold:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

All swings and roundabouts really, 2015 could have been summed up by the fact that the north west got a decent winter whilst we got nothing, whilst our summer was okay bar the first 3 weeks of June and the the of July whilst the north west was dreadful throughout.

I was hoping for an improvement by the turn of the month, but that upper trough is simply refusing to get east of us leaving a rather unsettled picture for the first week of February with temperatures near normal.

I did feel a bit sorry for the North and North West in the summer. It seemed constantly about 15C there while the South East and East were 20-24C most of the time. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, amanda2012 said:

Hey anyone know anything about Saturday nights strong winds for the south east? Thanks!

Hi Amanda,

it is very far away take it as you will. 

For south London gusts in between low to mid 60's which is quite unusual for London too far away to be taken seriously but a mobile spell of weather is coming so the potential is there. 

image.thumb.png.e083f169da85f6ad574e6f2b

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sounds like storm Henry has arrived early here, some very gusty winds buffeting the house! When will they stop??! 

On another note, some wintry charts appearing and being discussed (or laughed about) on the mad and moans threads, wouldn't surprise me if the 2nd half of February are pretty chilly :cold:

• Like 1