Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
18 minutes ago, Surrey said:

A lot of wind and rain to come over the next fews days not as much as further North but still the risk off some localised flooding 

Morning All. Yes it looks that way Surrey, constant rain from approx. 3pm this afternoon eventually clearing 3am on Thursday morning, a whole 36 hours of rain (charts attached for reference)....could potentially see some localised flooding? Potentially some gusty winds later also? Have a nice day all! :smile:

ukprec.png

ukprec1.png

ukprec2.png

ukprec3.png

12 minutes ago, Snoopie42 said:

Morning All. Yes it looks that way Surrey, constant rain from approx. 3pm this afternoon eventually clearing 3am on Thursday morning, a whole 36 hours of rain (charts attached for reference)....could potentially see some localised flooding? Potentially some gusty winds later also? Have a nice day all! :smile:

ukprec.png

ukprec1.png

ukprec2.png

ukprec3.png

45-50mph inland for a time. Stronger on the cost looks about right, more the rain that is a problem. Again though, nothing compared to what the north are about to experience 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Morning all,

Well winter firmly looks on hold according to the Model output over the past several days. Could we salvage the last scrapings during the end of Feb, beginning of March. Wouldn't it be nice to see a crap winter go out with a bang. 

Im off to Montreal for 2 weeks to visit friends 15th February, so at least Ill get to experience proper cold and get my Snow fix. 

So a wet and windy couple of days now ahead - nothing abnormal and nothing what we haven't seen a million times over already. Heavy rain and a 50mph wind gust does nothing for me and is totally boring in my eyes. Predictable and samey. I mean after all, I have lived in the UK my whole life so nothing unusual.

At least Thursday is looking a decent day so a chance to dry up those puddles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wind. I'm so over it!! High pressure, pretty please :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

A right couple of rubbish days coming up, make the most of Thursday's sunshine as it looks to be the last we see for a while again. On Saturday looks like my morning golf and afternoon football will be called off :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, Earnest Easterly* said:

The rain has started here, a lot more to come unfortunately.

image.thumb.png.05af0e0f96ddb9834ca58bf2

woah that's a bit further south than they said for this time. Just looked at radar, that rain is defo further south mostly as I can see ireland and the northwest, which is a good thing tbh.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

woah that's a bit further south than they said for this time. Just looked at radar, that rain is defo further south mostly as I can see ireland and the northwest, which is a good thing tbh.

36 Hours of rain,lovely

Posted
Just now, fulham snow said:

36 Hours of rain,lovely

lol that's not what I meant, they would have flooded again probably.

Posted

The METO warnings look completely out of sorts for today - Southern parts have a weather warning for  rain tomorrow but nowt for today. The NW has warnings for persistent rain today and tomorrow yet radar looks like its pretty much cleared that area already for today at least

1 hour ago, cobbett said:

The METO warnings look completely out of sorts for today - Southern parts have a weather warning for  rain tomorrow but nowt for today. The NW has warnings for persistent rain today and tomorrow yet radar looks like its pretty much cleared that area already for today at least

Indeed, things did not go to plan today... Looks VERY wet for us over the next 48 hours... 

BTW people..

• Like 1

Posted

Windy here but not raining now. Only had 0.3mm fall so far. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Indeed, things did not go to plan today... Looks VERY wet for us over the next 48 hours... 

BTW people..

I'm not sure it will be, at least not with this first systum, the rain seems to be heading SE to France, it may skirt some for a bit. The further SW you are the more likely you'll get it.

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

BTW people..

Have you edited that Surrey. :rofl:..... I am hoping you are wrong I have a weekend of Golf & Horses this weekend

Edited by Flash Elvis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

I am starting to think that if we don't start seeing some signs within the next couple of weeks  of any cold  , than I think we can kiss another winter good bye and look forward hopefully to some early spring warmth and sunshine , not that its practically cold now but  you get my drift...

I like most on hear like snow and cold , but have no time for this conveyor belt of mild, wind, rain  and would rather be seeing signs of spring..

c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Kiddo came home from school today with a note asking parents to send the children in with wellies tomorrow for a lesson on the field. Presumably the lesson is either 'Wading for Beginners' or 'Do Five-Year-Olds Make Good Kites?'...I don't expect much from primary schools but I'll admit this has surprised me a little.