Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Still plenty of time, 6 weeks or more check out the last frame of the GFS 06z run. Although massively FI there is hope

And prior to this Friday is not without interest? Models keep toying with the possibility of it being a tad windy in our region. One to keep an eye on in the next few days as the models firm up on details. 

23 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Indeed, does look turbulent next week.. 

Just got back from hospital girlfriend had a sezuire (she's epileptic)  but is okay now, bit tired and back at home with her parents. Hats of to the NHS what a lovely world class service.

Sorry to hear that Surrey. Glad all is OK now! Certainly some interest in FI as, I think,  the models get to grips with the partial warming of the stratospheric vortex and it's subsequent displacement... Certainly something to keep things interesting, as well as this week's potential events. 

Just now, Snoopie42 said:

And prior to this Friday is not without interest? Models keep toying with the possibility of it being a tad windy in our region. One to keep an eye on in the next few days as the models firm up on details. 

Sorry to hear that Surrey. Glad all is OK now! Certainly some interest in FI as, I think,  the models get to grips with the partial warming of the stratospheric vortex and it's subsequent displacement... Certainly something to keep things interesting, as well as this week's potential events. 

Yep deffo lots coming up this week!! And certainly out in fi to, be good if something good evolves! 

Some eye candy in the model thread currently.

Cheers she's texting me and everything is okay, was scary though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had fog/mist through most of the day, although just before dark it cleared to low cloud, the mist/fog is rolling back in now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Been a grey mild day,more very wet and windy to come,have we gone back to december,as for winter,pah.i cant sleep,the fat lady is singing very loudly,they think its all over,it is now.another snowless coldless winter,3 in a row

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning all

feeling much better, just a stinking cold/temp/cough so nothing serious! Thanks to those who asked after me! 

A lovely morning, the birds are singing and the sky is beautiful! 

Temp 7.4 rising, I may be an absolute novice but I'm not giving up yet, as I see it we still have at least a month for possible changes, perhaps It's because I can't read the models! 

Have a lovely day today x

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Oh, and I'm sorry your girl friends been poorly @Surrey

glad she's ok X 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning all

feeling much better, just a stinking cold/temp/cough so nothing serious! Thanks to those who asked after me! 

A lovely morning, the birds are singing and the sky is beautiful! 

Temp 7.4 rising, I may be an absolute novice but I'm not giving up yet, as I see it we still have at least a month for possible changes, perhaps It's because I can't read the models! 

Have a lovely day today x

image.jpeg

Hi Paget! Glad to see you are back and recovering! It was an amazing sky this morning! The moon was so bright first thing with aeroplane vapour trails criss crossing its body and halo, then the sky was as shown in your photo. blue and pink! Not bad for a Monday morning! I still think this winter will spring a few surprises, even the Met are stating the possibility of a Mid Atlantic High Pressure bringing in some form of Northerly....if this does become a reality lets hope it is from the North and not North West as that would surely be more fruitful for our region....North East preferable, but I think that would be pushing it from the predicted synoptics? There are a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to help you out Paget, so you are in the right place to learn in a calm and friendly atmosphere. That being said the same could be said for the MOD thread apart from the calm and friendly part! :D Have a lovely day all.

57 minutes ago, paget said:

Oh, and I'm sorry your girl friends been poorly @Surrey

glad she's ok X 

Thanks Paget, Haven't heard from her yet this morning I think she is sleeping it off.  The paramedics got to my house in 4 minutes! Shes epileptic so it is something I will have to get use to and prepare for!

The weather is still teasing us in terms off cold! 

Posted

Sorry to hear about gf surrey.

just popped my head into the mod thread wow... not understands a word of it

• Like 1

Posted

Nice and sunny this morning may be the ground will dry after Saturday nights rain soon. Still wet every where even pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely morning after a stunning sunrise and moon-set :-) Hopefully the sunshine can hang on as long as possible before the Atlantic crap moves back in. Very mild night last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all, lovely morning here shame we can't get a few more days like it to help dry things up BUT no more rain and quite heavy on the way for tomorrow and Wednesday, some gales also!

We must be the only country that can go through 3 seasons in 7days, Winter (Cold) early last week, Sunny Spring  yesterday and today and then weather more suited to Autumn tomorrow and Wednesday!

Will have a good look at the models later this afternoon when hopefully I finish work early!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

The Mod Thread seems a bit like a ghost town currently!

Always a bad sign IMO when the "Moaning" Thread is where all the activity is! :wallbash:

Posted

The winds are starting to pick up here now... the upper level winds must be fairly high as the clouds are racing past!!

Now looking at the charts for the weekend and hope the rain can stay away as I have some golf on Friday - Horse Racing Saturday (Although you cannot get wet standing next to the bar :drunk-emoji:) then more Golf early Sunday morning...... Fingers crossed!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Hi all, I haven't been here for a while. Just cloudy here, meh weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a bad day with sunny spells throughout, the wind has really whipped up in the last hour or so.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Weather warning out for Wednesday.. Heavy rain

very narrow band though don't you think

Posted
35 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

very narrow band though don't you think

Narrow or not, we still have wet patches here from saturdays nights rain, so it must still be wet on the fields.

Posted

I reckon the warning is more for a potent squall line than prolonged.

Posted

Evening all, hope everyone has had a nice day? Looks a little wet and windy tomorrow afternoon / wednesday and the models starting to consistently show another windier spell Friday into Saturday (charts attached for reference). Both systems accompanied by rain, amounts and locations most at risk, with particular reference to tomorow and Wednesday, will have firmed up by tomorrow morning. Fridays will obviously upgrade / downgrade as the week progresses,  depending on your preferences, therefore, for now one to keep an eye on. Have a nice evening all.:)

ukgust (4).png

ukgust (2).png

ukgust (3).png

Posted

Looks like the majority of us in this thread will be really p*ssed off watching events unfold this weekend!