Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Not much to talk about weather wise at the moment so let's share dinners again LOL.

...Chilli Con carne tonight for me but again another dilema, don't know whether to have rice and wedges or rice with a side of nachos , got some guacamole and sour cream el paso sauces to use up. :gathering:

I'd def go for rice and nachos! Or piled on top of the nachos with all the other sauces piled on top and topped with cheese and bunged in the oven!  Yum! 

Its burger and chips for us tonight, one of our favs, I cut the chips really thin and fried till all crispy! :smile:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

Ummmm not sure for me The Beefeater will be cooking mine tonight and will wash it down with some Beck Vier no Doubt :drunk-emoji:

Do they still exist not heard of a beefeater in years...... almost as rare as the Berni Inn.

Posted

Yuck, just looked at the models for the first time in a few days. Why did I bother.

Average to mild for the rest of Jan.

Then unless you live up a hill in Scotland a cooler spell from the W/NW is going to do naff all for us.

Grim. Not hearing the fat lady just yet but she is clearing her throat I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Ive heard her singing loudly,for me im chucking the towel in,the last cold spell was non-existent in regards to snow,and lets face it 99% of members here all want the snow,and lots of it.So after a few days,we're back to square 1,wet windy and mild,groundhog day returns

Posted
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Ive heard her singing loudly,for me im chucking the towel in,the last cold spell was non-existent in regards to snow,and lets face it 99% of members here all want the snow,and lots of it.So after a few days,we're back to square 1,wet windy and mild,groundhog day returns

Cheer up mate. It has been another poor "winter" for the majority of us. Me included.

But.......there is still February. We will get another chance of cold/snow I am sure of that. 

Valentines Day snowstorm anyone?.......share the love! :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
22 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Morning world!

How are we all?

The models paint a grim picture.. Unless storms and rain is your thing.. Looks pretty grim right out to the end of the run

Some proper wind storms showing on the models this morning :(

Starting with next Tuesday, on phone so no charts yet gimme an hour 

Morning Surrey, I'm good thanks, hope everyone else is too....its Friday!!:D Dull, dark and damp here and certainly a big difference to 3 days ago:angry: Certainly looks a bit blowy in our region on Tuesday and Friday of next week! Charts attached for reference / discussion. Still some time to run on this, however, I do hope it verifies as I love a good wind storm! Have a great day all!

Tuesday 850.png

Tuesday Gusts.png

Friday 850.png

Friday Gusts.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Those clouds really do know when it's the school run, started to rain just as we headed out and to makes things worst, school didn't open till 8:35 and we got soaked. Leaflets on time keeping and their timekeeping is nigh on disgusting. Not the best start to the day.

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Still dry here for now temp 4.1

A bright start has given way to drizzle now in North Kent, currently 5c, another stunning sunrise this morning though....

017.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snoopie42 said:

Morning Surrey, I'm good thanks, hope everyone else is too....its Friday!!:D Dull, dark and damp here and certainly a big difference to 3 days ago:angry: Certainly looks a bit blowy in our region on Tuesday and Friday of next week! Charts attached for reference / discussion. Still some time to run on this, however, I do hope it verifies as I love a good wind storm! Have a great day all!

Tuesday 850.png

Tuesday Gusts.png

Friday 850.png

Friday Gusts.png

Beat me to it! Here is the ARPEGE take on it..

A1.thumb.png.5246a7e922f6ad5eb648131d9a0A2.thumb.png.4a968a3a5c79446d2bb6faca6baA3.thumb.png.85c88338047bd2936832a9455a2A4.thumb.png.bfa3ece8e6c0a1e14db1db31ab0

50-60MPH gusts perhaps a tad higher!

See the is why I LOVE the UK weather.. One minute we are chasing the lowest temp, the next minute we are chasing the highest gust!

Oh and for temp contrast.. 2 days ago it was -7 here.. Today we might get 12 degrees.. Thats a 19 degree shift in 48 hours.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just read the two winter moan threads, people really acting like winter is done and dusted, why do we need two threads to discus one thing. I'm thankful some in the mod thread bother with charts and theories on what they may bring later, just wish the winter over or last week wasn't winter cause I didn't get snow posts would go where they should be.

Posted

dark and rubbish near cannon street.... seems calmer in here today, says peeking from behind curtain. Monday into Tuesday looks interesting

Posted
4 hours ago, Surrey said:

Beat me to it! Here is the ARPEGE take on it..

A1.thumb.png.5246a7e922f6ad5eb648131d9a0A2.thumb.png.4a968a3a5c79446d2bb6faca6baA3.thumb.png.85c88338047bd2936832a9455a2A4.thumb.png.bfa3ece8e6c0a1e14db1db31ab0

50-60MPH gusts perhaps a tad higher!

See the is why I LOVE the UK weather.. One minute we are chasing the lowest temp, the next minute we are chasing the highest gust!

Oh and for temp contrast.. 2 days ago it was -7 here.. Today we might get 12 degrees.. Thats a 19 degree shift in 48 hours.. 

Never a dull moment! That is quite a temperature contrast and just shows how quickly weather conditions can change on our tiny Island! 06Z seems to have downgraded the wind for next Tuesday & Friday (charts attached for reference), however, this is just one run and plenty more time for upgrades or indeed downgrades...we shall see! The models, as they currently stand, do show an unsettled week coming up! 06Z show it raining from Tuesday 18.00 constantly until 15.00 on Thursday, that's a full 45 hrs of rain!!:sorry: Have a nice afternoon all! :) 

Tuesday Gusts - 06z.png

Friday Gusts - 06Z.png

Edited by Snoopie42

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Front will be clearing us all soon... Sunny spells in a few hours before dark sets in :)

Lets hope so Surrey as we may not see a lot of sun for the next week judging by the Models!! That was the nice thing about the last few cold days......accompanied by sparkling sunshine!:)

Posted
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Think I have just seen the funniest post to date on this fourm!

Someone is withering summer off based on the 06z this morning... 

:rofl::rofl:

Thats almost as bad as going "Todays weather in space... "

LOL..I just saw that and was thinking the same thing......and I thought it was a model discussion thread!!? Absolutely ridiculous isn't it?:wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

I hate the British climate it is utterly mundane..

Being out and about it feels like a winter heatwave after those cold temperatures I'm afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better quite dispiriting. Great photo @kentcloud :) 

Not checked but I think it reached 12C here back to December shenanigans 

Edited by Earnest Easterly*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A bright end to a very wet day with rain on and off. Back to mild again and will remain so for the rest of the month bar a few cooler days behind any cold fronts.

It is fair to say that the end of January isn't going as I and many have hoped. Still a lot of interest in February which has been my punt along with many others from back in November.