Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
3 hours ago, Flash Elvis said:

Did somebody say wet and windy weather again........ Bugger it I am leaving England for the cold somewhere.

BTW what a beautiful morning with the sunrise and frost shame I couldn't get any pictures as I fear that was it for the cold weather.......:cc_confused:

Hi FE, not far away from you across the Thames in Kent so I guess what you saw this morning would have looked something like this :)

022.JPG

035.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Without sounding like a Bi-polar MOD thread goer, today marks the start of what could be 2 weeks of very mild weather  as most outputs now agree on. 

February still up for grabs, if we can benefit from the SSW in terms of snow and cold then that will be our saving grace. Of course more wild swings can happen in favor of cold but I just have a gut feeling that this winter will be remembered for all the wrong reasons = Record Mild & Record Rainfall.

To add salt to the wounds... Remember when the Yanks were crying into their cornflakes because it hadn't snowed since November and 10 degrees was record mild for them.... Well yeah, Philadelphia, DC, NYC are about to be buried in a snow storm that will produce 12-24 inches of snow!!

Move them to the worst country in the Northern Hemisphere to get even a snowflake to fall and then lets see how they cope... Morons!!

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
50 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Philadelphia, DC, NYC are about to be buried in a snow storm that will produce 12-24 inches of snow!!

I may be really sad and watch this event on webcam :cold: ;)http://www.earthcam.com/events/extremeweather/

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Has anyone got warmer weather yet, the high here today was 5.8 which only 0.3 higher than yesterday, and now it's on the way back down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

There are some daffs in bloom by bubs school, says it all really. 

A foot of snow would be national state of emergency in this country, if a few leaves on the line stop the trains.

Looking forward to 12oc and rain tomorrow.

And i'm still going to wear my hat. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I may be really sad and watch this event on webcam :cold: ;)http://www.earthcam.com/events/extremeweather/

Thats what Snow /cold Starved does to you...... Although I sharnt be watching, that would just add to the agony of our mild weather.

Anyway life goes on.. Lots of wonderful things to see and do until the cold comes back - if it comes back! If thats the case then Roll on Spring.. Beautiful time of year

Posted

Who cares what the weather's like in New York? It's 1000's of miles away in a different climate zone. Might as well curse the Antarctic for being more frozen in summer than we are in winter. 

Posted
1 minute ago, March said:

Who cares what the weather's like in New York? It's 1000's of miles away in a different climate zone. Might as well curse the Antarctic for being more frozen in summer than we are in winter. 

Err... The difference is. No one from the Antarctica is complaining about their mild weather like the Yanks. That was my point. Regardless of how much mild weather America have they are always rewarded with 2 or 3 snowstorms with feets of snow... Unlike us!

Jesus... Chill out

Posted
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

To be fair, I don't know any other countries in the world that get the weather we do!

Snow, Storms, Heat, Cold, Rain, Mild, Warm, Thunder, 

I saw we have the best climate in the world :D

Hi Surrey,

Im afraid I have to disagree, I lived in Montreal for 18 months when I was 23 on a work secondment.

Beautiful cold snowy winters/ Boiling hot summers/ ferocious summer thunderstorms/ hail the size of golf balls  and 2 tornados. All of which were pretty normal so I was told by the locals.

A few days of 30 degree heat in summer / 1 inch of snow in winter / Atlantic Onslaught of mild all year around. Is not what I would call the best climate in the world. More like predictable and samey

Posted
9 minutes ago, Surrey said:

To be honest, roll on spring now I really can't wait for those long summer nights BBQ and beer! :D

Well Said...... and not forgetting the Cricket Season :yahoo:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Ben, I hate to say it bud but you sound like the one a bit frustrated here bud. Don't worry..  the weather will do what it wants, the the nature of the beast! 

To be honest, roll on spring now I really can't wait for those long summer nights BBQ and beer! :D

Ay? Because I described what its like to live in another country and experience their climate compared to ours?

Not Frustrated surrey, just bored at work waiting for 5:30pm to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Ay? Because I described what its like to live in another country and experience their climate compared to ours?

Not Frustrated surrey, just bored at work waiting for 5:30pm to happen. 

haha! Get some work done! :rofl:

I to get frustrated sometimes when the weather don't play ball, but I think that adds to the excitement! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I have to agree with BEN, the UK climate sucks and is tedious as hell:reindeer-emoji: Roll on 2020 when the first of the big freeze winters arrives, putting an end to our mild ones.:drunk-emoji: Temperature on the rise here, sunny 7.1c:snowman-emoji:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

now now kids less of the extremes come on this is a friendly place to come an chat about warm cosy fires and stuff to do with the weather which not model related. I think Ben just needs to chill. Would love different weather but to get sun burnt last year on 1st Nov is a first and it doesn't happen very often. Our weather is not Samey Ben yes it is to everyones impression but definitely not samey. I know we are all entitled to the thoughts.

My though hasn't changed we have flipped flopped all through this winter and I go back to an earlier post that I did on here at beginning of this thread look. Then we had some colder and some bitter nights.

Snow fell a bit. we saw some snow and we are southerners desperate for snow we are in wrong place lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've got a friend who lives on a Coastal part of Turkey- Sinanoba. They get heat, they get storms, they get snow. Only just last week, it was in the 20's with violent thunderstorms, then the temperature dropped below 0 in the space of 6 hours, and snow started falling! It may be considered varied here, but nothing compared to some places.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well we had a proper frost this morning, unfortunately the cloud arrived at sunrise and it has been cloudy ever since. This sums up this cold spell in a nut shell up here, no snow and less than half the nights have we seen a frost up here due to cloud cover. 

Poor show up here though most have done better than me this time :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
29 minutes ago, Surrey said:

NOOOOOO!!! :acute:Please don't deny us the mid-Feb blizzard that will be in the Top 6 all-time February snow events! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Posted
33 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

now now kids less of the extremes come on this is a friendly place to come an chat about warm cosy fires and stuff to do with the weather which not model related. I think Ben just needs to chill. Would love different weather but to get sun burnt last year on 1st Nov is a first and it doesn't happen very often. Our weather is not Samey Ben yes it is to everyones impression but definitely not samey. I know we are all entitled to the thoughts.

My though hasn't changed we have flipped flopped all through this winter and I go back to an earlier post that I did on here at beginning of this thread look. Then we had some colder and some bitter nights.

Snow fell a bit. we saw some snow and we are southerners desperate for snow we are in wrong place lol.

I think you are totally missing my point.

I simply posted about Americas forecasted snowstorm and how it makes up for their Mild whinging.

I then replied to surreys post about having the best climate in the world? Why do I need to chill? Its not like we have anything interesting (weather wise) to talk about.

Take some of your own advice, we are all entitled to our thoughts.

Roll on 5:30pm

Posted

As much as I love snow, I don't enjoy having to get up and walk to school in -5, so for me the fact it's been mild is a blessing. 

Nor do I like it to be hotter than 25oC, at least in winter you can sleep.

I'm waiting for the end of August again, summer is as boring as winter, weather wise.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

NOOOOOO!!! :acute:Please don't deny us the mid-Feb blizzard that will be in the Top 6 all-time February snow events! :rolleyes:

It needs to do that on a  Monday morning.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Don't tell me I've been watching 'Day after Tomorrow' for tips all for nothing!! 

:D

temp 5.1 dropping dp 2.3 

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Not much to talk about weather wise at the moment so let's share dinners again LOL.

...Chilli Con carne tonight for me but again another dilema, don't know whether to have rice and wedges or rice with a side of nachos , got some guacamole and sour cream el paso sauces to use up. :gathering: