Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
On 19 January 2016 at 7:02 AM, Surrey said:

But if the air is coming from the east, what do we call it then? :rofl:

Better lol !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Very noisy night, wind howling, doors knocking, rain rattling and foxes screaming, 12.8c:reindeer-emoji::lazy:When is there going to be a cold spell:angry::cold: almost out of winter? We have to wait for 2020 for the start of the big freeze winters, if long range forecaster genius, Ian Pennell is correct.:cold-emoji::drunk-emoji: Four more years without snow:cray:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

This winter has been one of the worst for me. A continuation of wet and windy and that to me is autumn. I like cold frosty bright and of course that rare phenomenon for us in the East Kent corner, snow. And lots of it.

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

When I was In the bathroom and can hear the wind outside. Should be a law that if it's too cold, too wet or too windy we can go back to bed.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Wet wet bloody wet,im half expecting marti pellow to jump out,another dull boring grey day,yawn.is winter going to make an appearance,or am i destined for non-existent cold snaps for ever,i run my own taxi firm,just me,so i need it to snow bloody hard,then i have an excuse to leave the car parked,and not work,and the missus cannot moan at me,everyones a winner,speaking of the other halves,i hope surrey's is better.

Posted

Yes, I hope your girlfriend feels better now surrey. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well it's another dreary, grey, damp morning, with the vile wind howling yet again. Very bored of this pattern, hope it changes soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Well where was all this rain and wind that was forecast? Apart from intermittent rain since yesterday, certainly no washout scenario here in mid Herts. Thank god!!!  As for the wind... Im sure I saw a twig in the road on the way to work this morning.  Feels ridiculously mild out there as per...

Looking forward to getting the last of the rain out the way today in turn for a bright and dry day tomorrow..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Here is the washout

rain.jpg

Hopefully that will miss me, just like much of the heavier rain did yesterday. Makes the early morning dog walks that bit more bearable from avoiding mud/puddles = Filthy dog

Day off tomorrow, looks like a cracking day to be out and about.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Thank you, yes she is back at work today but we both got a VERY bad chest infection!

I am so glad, hope you both get better from your chest infections soon.:)

• Like 1

Posted

it is interesting when people talk of worst winter, yes we all hate this kind of weather altho I will chuck in that this is no where near as bad as 13/14 winter sorry end of. 5 notable storms and if I remember rightly we had over 120 weather warnings between 20th December and14th Feb that year. That was a notable bad year where we did not even record any frost at all. we all remember the pre-Christmas eve storm and the boxing day storms and 27th December storm and valentines night storm.

Yes this year has been bad but we still have 6 plus weeks yet and I have a funny feeling the second coldest month of Winter being Feb could herald some weather we all go wow its here....

Hopefully my prediction is right we shall see.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Afternoon all. Squall Line forming as the front clears.... could prove interesting if it gets organised and reaches this far?

Squall Line.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 hours ago, Surrey said:

So looks like we may be getting some colder weather soon :yahoo:

Been looking at the model forum Surrey do the charts look gud. Sometimes on model  forum I take it with pinch of sort now lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Surrey said:

So looks like we may be getting some colder weather soon :yahoo:

ECM looking good; GFS still a wind and rain fest. Anything other than this howling wind and constant gloom would be most welcome, even snow lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well the 12z ECM sticks to it's guns for next week. Let's hope the GFS starts following it. The UKMO isn't that bad either, seems to look quite similar to the ECM.

Posted

As you can see on this Air Mass Satellite colder air (purple/red colours) is moving southeastwards. Currently in situ over SE is mild air, indicated by greeny colours out of cities/towns you might wake up to a frost! 

image.thumb.png.060290d470fbe0ae2581256c

Morning gang, need to warn you all about this chest infection that is going round. Elderly people and little ones also people with asthma and smokers most at risk. They won't tell you this so I will..

Mine started Sunday night I still have it and it starts with sneezing and you feel a bit warm, you then get very very tight chest and hard breathing of course this is when I went docs and they gave me antibiotics but my mum who is a microbiologist is 100% sure it's viral. Anyway, you will also experience incredible achey pains and pretty much bed bond I had to fight through it and go to work as I have s new job..

Yesterday day 4 in, and the proper coughing started its not very nice, which brings me onto this morning, the coughs feel like your chest is being ripped open and the mucs is the thickest I have ever seen.

So people with vulnerable people please please keep an eye out, also don't be fobbed off by the docs for antibiotics.. You need to be in hospital for this if your vulnerable.

I don't smoke, I've lost 1.5 stone this month eating healthy and my immune system will be on top form, and it's destroyed me. 

Don't say I didn't warn you! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Thanks Surrey.

I've had a heavy cold for the last week but luckily not gone to my chest and pretty much over it now.

Back in November though I had what sounds like the above and it lasted a good 10days.

When I get colds and stuff I don't mess about with lemsip and stuff I have my own special drink...

Boiled Water, squirt of honey or if you don't have then a pinch of sugar, slice of lemon, slices of fresh Ginger and a pinch of fresh red chilli.....honestly works in loosening the nose and chest.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Sounds what my family and I had last march, never felt so ill and it knocked me out for two weeks. I was going to doctors for something unrelated and it smacked me straight on within minutes before i even got there. They messed up hubs prescription and he ended up going to a&E because he couldn't take a breathe and he ended up with bronchitis. 

I think you need time off surrey and a doctor's note - like i said hubs ended up in hospital with it..

• Like 1