Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Nothing but hail today here :/ temps are all over the place one min 6.5 next drops to 4 just before a shower..... Kids are desperate for snow they driving me nuts!!

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, katemart said:

the Raintoday radar shows a big blob of ppn over Southampton and I'm sitting here in bright sunshine :sorry:

It looks like this lot that's currently bubbling up to the South is heading your way katemart.

IMGP0332_sm.thumb.jpg.72f55efa2b37b4994a

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
9 minutes ago, jtay said:

It looks like this lot that's currently bubbling up to the South is heading your way katemart.

IMGP0332_sm.thumb.jpg.72f55efa2b37b4994a

Thanks, jtay - I can see huge clouds passing through quite quickly to the north of me - all bubbly and white on top and black underneath so I expect there's something falling from them. Sky immediately above is blue :-) Lots of chances to come, though, judging by the loop of the showers and the way they are pepping up over the sea...

Edited by katemart
addition

Posted

I can confirm the heavy snow shower in William's video, went up to East Hill and met him, then drove to that location in his video which is about 245m high. Many flakes were 1-2 inches wide (a few maybe bigger)! A very nice surprise!
Interesting transition from the southern end of the hill at a similar height that had nothing lying.
Then when the sun came out it melted very quickly.

I can't decide between some photos so here's a load of them:

IMG_20160304_101525058.thumb.jpg.6dc17d3IMG_20160304_101852298.thumb.jpg.09e08d6IMG_20160304_101913098.thumb.jpg.7950308IMG_20160304_102553047.thumb.jpg.a336813IMG_20160304_102600599.thumb.jpg.78579aaIMG_20160304_102636273.thumb.jpg.888a084IMG_20160304_103044017.thumb.jpg.ce3c211IMG_20160304_103100250_HDR.thumb.jpg.b37IMG_20160304_103246987.thumb.jpg.081be05IMG_20160304_103343969.thumb.jpg.b87b2fbIMG_20160304_103331680.thumb.jpg.a7cd12dIMG_20160304_104405415.thumb.jpg.0f5dcd3

and not that long afterwards..

IMG_20160304_111151660.thumb.jpg.8173e67

I hould also have a video later.

Back home and we have just had a rain and hail shower.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon all, seems there's some strange white stuff knocking around today :yahoo:It was snowing heavily here this morning when I left for work, proper snow, not a trace of sleetiness, sadly I haven't come home to find Narnia but I hear there are rumours there may be something here overnight. I'm not convinced I should have taken my fingers out my ears and listened to the rumours, but maybe there's an outside chance it may be more than just words this time?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Snizzle! 4.8C, DP -1.4C

Posted

Another graupel shower, cruising through... unusual to see with the sun shining brightly to the west, and the shower now coming in from the North, different to earlier when it was from the NW, definite change of direction taken place.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

I think Bristol is gonna get hammered hard by a ton load of snow throughout the evening while that system pivots :rofl:

A mini streamer will set up using the Severn as its energy source.

Edited by kumquat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

If that ppn intensity holds and it is snow it could be interesting after dark as it tracks south?

Personally id like to see just one normal proper snow shower this winter/spring.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 minutes ago, kumquat said:

I think Bristol is gonna get hammered hard by a ton load of snow throughout the evening while that system pivots :rofl:

A mini streamer will set up using the Severn as its energy source.

And it'll all head for the Mendips.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

on and off drizzle with some snow here in cotswolds for last 3 hours amounting to a slight covering on cars during heavier bursts! was very icy this morning with a temp of -1.3! at 6.30am fingers crossed for something later/tonight! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

unfortunately reading some of the last comments from the crew in south wales they  are reporting rain!!!:aggressive:

fromey 

Posted
5 minutes ago, kumquat said:

No Fromey NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Well easily the most interesting day of winter (or spring!) today with quite frequent heavy showers of rain/hail/sleet through much of the day, though no proper snow here.

Had to laugh earlier though as I got caught in a heavy sleet shower driving in the Forest, tuned into Radio Solent to catch the on the hour weather and not a mention of any rain or precip of any sort, she just said a fine dry day with perhaps a bit more cloud building in the afternoon! Even the presenter commented on it afterwards that there had just been a big 'sleet storm' outside. :wallbash:

I'm not normally one for bashing the BBC/MetO but when they can't even get the current weather right it's no wonder they take a lot of stick. I think the forecast was pre-recorded but it's still pretty poor!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
11 minutes ago, fromey said:

unfortunately reading some of the last comments from the crew in south wales they  are reporting rain!!!:aggressive:

fromey 

Looking at the traffic wales webcams it would seem you are correct :nonono: although there is a light covering over the Beacons...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
2 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

Well easily the most interesting day of winter (or spring!) today with quite frequent heavy showers of rain/hail/sleet through much of the day, though no proper snow here.

Had to laugh earlier though as I got caught in a heavy sleet shower driving in the Forest, tuned into Radio Solent to catch the on the hour weather and not a mention of any rain or precip of any sort, she just said a fine dry day with perhaps a bit more cloud building in the afternoon! Even the presenter commented on it afterwards that there had just been a big 'sleet storm' outside. :wallbash:

I'm not normally one for bashing the BBC/MetO but when they can't even get the current weather right it's no wonder they take a lot of stick. I think the forecast was pre-recorded but it's still pretty poor!

Problem is some BBC radio / TV weather presenters just read out what is given to them and are not meteorologists. Thank goodness for fergie and david braine! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
14 minutes ago, fromey said:

fromey 

We have the darkness on our side... :D

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Oh i do love the dark side, saying that temps are falling nicely and dew ponit is below 0c so you never know .

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I believe in a thing called snow! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy.... 4.9c.    0.1 Dew Point.   Apparent  2.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Sat in the office looking West (Bristol) its looking very dark