Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

All rain here lol, it always is though. I'm not sure the wave has developed the little drag of easterly air as yet though. temp 3.8 dew point 2.9 and no wind whatsoever.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Dull, Damp & Generally a yucky morning.

One thing I've noticed this winter is when the wind swings into a more favourable NE'ly for our Region it just doesn't hold on long enough, it's like it gives a couple of hour window slot before spoiling the party again. (Talking about end of the week)

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Dull, Damp & Generally a yucky morning.

One thing I've noticed this winter is when the wind swings into a more favourable NE'ly for our Region it just doesn't hold on long enough, it's like it gives a couple of hour window slot before spoiling the party again. (Talking about end of the week)

I'm just going to wait and see what happens, these slider scenarios are always by nature very difficult to forecast even at T6 the snow line could be wrong. I know it will be rain here but would love things to fall right for most of us.

Edited by alexisj9
Put the missing word in.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I'm just going to wait and see what happens, these slider scenarios are always by nature very difficult to forecast even at T6 the snow line could be wrong. I know it will be rain here but would love things to fall right for most of us.

Oh yeah not ruling snow out for one minute at this stage, more talking about a proper prolonged cold snowy NE'ly when most of us do a hell of a lot better, I'm craving for a time again when we are watching the radars and looking for a Thames Streamer etc

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Oh yeah not ruling snow out for one minute at this stage, more talking about a proper prolonged cold snowy NE'ly when most of us do a hell of a lot better, I'm craving for a time again when we are watching the radars and looking for a Thames Streamer etc

Can't argue with that it's been a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Good morning all. Has the storm passed? :laugh:

Official 'strongest gust' for East Anglia was apparently 58 mph in Essex according to BBC Look East. The nearest official station to me (Wattisham Airbase) recorded 50 mph. 

Plenty to keep us enthusiasts interested over the coming days. Heavy precipitation (up to 20mm) clipping Surrey & Kent later today. A Low sliding up the Channel on Saturday with strong SE'ly winds and some heavy rain along the South Coast (just wish the continent was colder - currently looks too marginal for snow). And finally a 48 hour Northerly blast on Mon/Tues as the Low clears away, with possible snow showers into Eastern coastal areas. I'm looking forward to model watching over the coming days, particularly when developments get into the range of the High Res models.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
18 hours ago, ihatecoldweather said:

It always is rain for our part of the world It never cease to amaze me!

that with an island so small how it can differ so greatly when it comes to snow/rain 

ignore link above its an error 

Edited by snowfish1

Posted

All very grey and dry here ..... wind has died down and its all calm at the moment!!

Will be keeping an eye again on the models to see if we can get some snow in Essex???

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Flash Elvis said:

All very grey and dry here ..... wind has died down and its all calm at the moment!!

Will be keeping an eye again on the models to see if we can get some snow in Essex???

Let's hope so Elvis. I have forgotten what a snowflake looks like!

Gut feel is we will get rain or it will remain dry, snow is the rank outsider at the moment as we just aren't cold enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

very mild out side, blinking cold indoors:cold:, no wind or rain, calm before the storm, maybe, um fingers crossed ,yet again :), and my tootsies are freezing:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cloud clearing to blue skies and sunshine here, a W-NW wind had picked up making it feel chilly at 6C. Looks like France is being hit by strong winds today, Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris recording thunderstorms and 63mph gusts, ouch!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
14 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Cloud clearing to blue skies and sunshine here, a W-NW wind had picked up making it feel chilly at 6C. Looks like France is being hit by strong winds today, Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris recording thunderstorms and 63mph gusts, ouch!

Thunderstorms................... that's it..... blankets, dummy and toys all thrown out of the pram :nonono:

Turning into quite a nice day here Sun is just popping its head out to say hello 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Flash Elvis said:

Thunderstorms................... that's it..... blankets, dummy and toys all thrown out of the pram :nonono:

Turning into quite a nice day here Sun is just popping its head out to say hello 

Haha, now don't throw those toys, enough of that yesterday :D

Very nice day developing, actually feels warm in the sun out of the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Blue skies and feeling cold here. Other than Snow my favorite type of weather in winter

Posted

guess what as weather turns interesting with sliders and the sort I head to Valencia and my mate just text me to say windy very windy. hence jet stream moves south just as I go south wot are the chances.... hey ho looking forward to a nice weekend away from the valentines mush fest lol (apologies to anyone whom likes this day). I will be seated somewhere hopefully not too high in the Mestalla stadium watching Gary Neville get the sack.... to any footie fans out there.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Jimmyh said:

guess what as weather turns interesting with sliders and the sort I head to Valencia and my mate just text me to say windy very windy. hence jet stream moves south just as I go south wot are the chances.... hey ho looking forward to a nice weekend away from the valentines mush fest lol (apologies to anyone whom likes this day). I will be seated somewhere hopefully not too high in the Mestalla stadium watching Gary Neville get the sack.... to any footie fans out there.

Just your luck!!!

Have fun out there..... but who needs a certain over hyped and priced day just to tell there loved one how much they love them I don't.

• Like 2