Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny, frosty start to the day, chilly at -2C here. Wish we had many more days like this, like Snoopie42 says perfect winter weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
14 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Sunday evening I think there may be some light snow about. GFS 00z snow map is not bad for our region :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.85a947d030a0e9aefd844ae

Hi Daniel, is that chart for this Sunday or next? It says Sunday 21st of February.....? If so, that looks pretty encouraging for the end of next week if that is an accumulation chart? Still learning so please correct me if I am wrong! Incidentally where can you view that chart, never seen it online before? Have a good day. :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Snoopie42 said:

Hi Daniel, is that chart for this Sunday or next? It says Sunday 21st of February.....? If so, that looks pretty encouraging for the end of next week if that is an accumulation chart? Still learning so please correct me if I am wrong! Incidentally where can you view that chart, never seen it online before? Have a good day. :D

Thats correct that chart is for 10 days time 

Gorgeous start here! Love the frosty starts! 

• Like 1

Posted

oh for just one amber warning of snow for this winter please - at least that may result in a pleasant work from home day and a trudge thru the snow to the local pub at lunchtime. Not too much to ask for is it in this dire winter

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful sunny morning here. Thick frost and blue sky. If we cant have Snow, my second favourite winter weather.

Posted
3 hours ago, Snoopie42 said:Hi Daniel, is that chart for this Sunday or next? It says Sunday 21st of February.....? If so, that looks pretty encouraging for the end of next week if that is an accumulation chart? Still learning so please correct me if I am wrong! Incidentally where can you view that chart, never seen it online before? Have a good day. :D

Spanning from 11th to the 21st snowfall cumulative accumulations. I follow someone on Twitter who has access to those charts, not of the public domain unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Spanning from 11th to the 21st snowfall cumulative accumulations. I follow someone on Twitter who has access to those charts, not of the public domain unfortunately. 

Who you follow on twitter that has those charts.... I am on twitter also!!!

Very nice sunny day outside but still a bit chilly!!

Looks extremely marginal for any precipitation for me, but could do without it Sunday as I am out playing Golf

Edited by Flash Elvis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

iIt was lovely and frosty this morning, just what i like, now like a spring day out there, blue sky with a few wispy clouds, standing by my back door saw a very sleep hoover fly walking up my wall :unsure2:, way too early for it, also last week a big bumble bee was on my wall, they are confused about the weather as much as we are :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow lovely frost this morning, and the cloud scape since has looked more like April. Had some ac cas in the morning, now I can see two anvils in the channel and loads of cumulus sort of just sitting still and growing to my north.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

me, exactly 6 years ago yesterday. Out of nowhere really heavy snow.

Excuse how I look, I was pregnant at the time and had just grabbed some clothes to move my car, lol.

me in snow.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Into the freezer we go

Quite! As early as Monday see's the Region Bath in -7 Uppers.......

1.thumb.png.856fc3ef30c958d1edd2dc6c3192

528 Dam line way South....

2.thumb.png.41e14b467310615c84d56375e08f

Temperatures not too bad......      3.thumb.png.7007e03368f41197964ab57362684.thumb.png.7884905358a42e57d8404d737664

However, generally it looks quite dry, therefore, the East Coast maybe do well out of any showers that do form from convection and others close by if the showers survive and travel far enough inland? Can they get as far as me and @Surrey.......only time will tell. Still a long way off in meteorological terms, however, something to keep an eye on over the next few days? Have a lovely afternoon...said it earlier.....what a beautiful day! :D

Edited by Snoopie42
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Ah right, that makes sense then...lets hope it verifies?!  Thanks for the reply.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
32 minutes ago, Snoopie42 said:

Ah right, that makes sense then...lets hope it verifies?!  Thanks for the reply.

Available here: http://meteocentre.com/models/get_accum.php?mod=gfs&run=12&type=SN&hi=120&hf=240&mode=latest&lang=en&map=eur

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
6 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Sunday evening I think there may be some light snow about. GFS 00z snow map is not bad for our region :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.85a947d030a0e9aefd844ae

Interesting the snow over the Mountains of South Eastern Spain, I have a friend who lives that way, would be just my luck he can trek upto the snow and see more than I do lol

Edited by Kent Blizzard

14 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Interesting the snow over the Mountains of South Eastern Spain, I have a friend who lives that way, would be just my luck he can trek upto the snow and see more than I do lol

Indeed the chances of these charts verifying espc snow ones is about 1/100000000

I mean look into the map in more detail and have a look at Iceland, has a chunk without any snow.. 

They are good for giving very very ROUGH ideas 

Posted

Finally saw some frost in Southend this morning at 5:00am, it was 0 degrees, still did not have to open my bottle of de-icer though, one swish of the wipers and it was gone.  Did see -3 degrees in Leicestershire, which makes this morning the coldest morning I have seen this winter.  Now it is a beautiful spring day here in Nottinghamshire, I get about quite a bit :-)

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

2 minutes ago, frozencanals said:

Finally saw some frost in Southend this morning at 5:00am, it was 0 degrees, still did not have to open my bottle of de-icer though, one swish of the wipers and it was gone.  Did see -3 degrees in Leicestershire, which makes this morning the coldest morning I have seen this winter.  Now it is a beautiful spring day here in Nottinghamshire, I get about quite a bit :-)

Cheers

FC

Turned mums car on this morning out in the sticks where I am it was -4! which is not the coldest Virginia Water at the top of this hill we had -7 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Indeed the chances of these charts verifying espc snow ones is about 1/100000000

I mean look into the map in more detail and have a look at Iceland, has a chunk without any snow.. 

They are good for giving very very ROUGH ideas 

interesting snow depths for the M4!!

FC

Just now, frozencanals said:

interesting snow depths for the M4!!

FC

Indeed they are but paying no attention to it what so ever atm we can;t get past Saturday let alone 10 days!! 

The problem with snow is ratios change with every event.. 

However with the end of Feb to Mid March our snowiest part of Winter over the next 14 days someone is going to see some settling snow (I think) 

Posted

With the chart in mention that Daniel posted, I'd like to see the ones for the next 48 to 72hrs,

Posted

OMFG don't know how to load videos into the post but here is a link to watch a plane struggling to land at Heathrow during the winds, look at the bounce :oops:...I'd of certainly lost my breakfast in my trousers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpMW1bCiTk&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

OMFG don't know how to load videos into the post but here is a link to watch a plane struggling to land at Heathrow during the winds, look at the bounce :oops:...I'd of certainly lost my breakfast in my trousers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpMW1bCiTk&feature=youtu.be

Apparently it wasn't that windy that day :rofl:

Sorry I had too...

• Like 3