Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

I keep seeing the BBC tweet referenced but missed it myself! Did they say disruptive widespread snow? Or could they have been referring to the usual suspects?

:nonono: me also 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
51 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

I keep seeing the BBC tweet referenced but missed it myself! Did they say disruptive widespread snow? Or could they have been referring to the usual suspects?

Disruptive snow they said wed Thurs next week. was shocked they said it myself unless they know something we don't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
37 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

Disruptive snow they said wed Thurs next week. was shocked they said it myself unless they know something we don't.

Yes, but for where? SE England? Scottish Highlands? A nationwide event? Three roads in Cardiff? People keep referring to the BBC tweet but the location makes a difference to whether they made the wrong call (as I keep seeing implied). 

The TV forecast earlier reiterated disruptive snow but they were quite confident it was for the usual suspects. Unless the tweet stated elsewhere, perhaps people here read IMBYism where there was none?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Yes, but for where? SE England? Scottish Highlands? A nationwide event? Three roads in Cardiff? People keep referring to the BBC tweet but the location makes a difference to whether they made the wrong call (as I keep seeing implied). 

The TV forecast earlier reiterated disruptive snow but they were quite confident it was for the usual suspects. Unless the tweet stated elsewhere, perhaps people here read IMBYism where there was none?

The graphic with it showed snow up and down the spine of the country. As the front went into cold air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The graphic with it showed snow up and down the spine of the country. As the front went into cold air.

That is surprising! I wish I'd seen it because I probably would've gone to retrieve the towel on that basis.

ETA: just went through BBC's twitter feed back to the 8th and the only mention I could find of disruptive snow for the UK is this one so I still haven't seen the damn thing! :( I could've easily missed it.

_20160213_012117.JPG

Edited by ReindeerMarmalade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

The fat lady is singing

Posted

All this blooming precipitation moving in and a NE'ly yet not even one flipping snow symbol to get excited about lol

Typical.....let's hope for last minute upgrades.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 minutes ago, snowrye said:

The fat lady is singing

Just now, Kent Blizzard said:

All this blooming precipitation moving in and a NE'ly yet not even one flipping snow symbol to get excited about lol

Typical.

The downgrade was downgraded:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

To be honest Not sure why everyone has got excited for, anyone would think someone has died in the model fourm, there was always only going to be a 15% chance of snow for the coming week. . All weather apps have never shown it either. 

Posted

Looks like Leeds is get a slight covering of snow at the moment, lucky devils :diablo:

The Rain will be here soon :wallbash:

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

:cold:feels really cold out, and it's just started to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Raining here past hour. 

Right on que, Saturday morning/weekend/off work........ and it rains.. You couldn't make it up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

So what the 00z taketh, the 06z brings back.....you couldn't make it up! As mentioned before, Wednesday / Thursdays potential event will not be nailed until at least Wednesday morning, therefore, charts attached for reference only and not to be taken seriously at this stage! :good:

56bf0b69084a3_h850t850eu(1).thumb.png.dc     56bf0b6e5425d_uksnowrisk(2).thumb.png.94

06z still showing a risk today however hard to believe given current reality.....However,  I just wonder whether the temps can drop sufficiently after dark to at least provide some interest....If there is still some presipitation obviously.

h850t850eu.thumb.png.1fd64df1ebf86c56eed  56bf0b50c7725_uksnowrisk(1).thumb.png.14

.....just have wait and see? Ever the optimist! :D Have a great day all!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Wintry mix here this morning.  Rain and sleet with a few blobs of snow and feeling very cold. 

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, scrat said:

Wintry mix here this morning.  Rain and sleet with a few blobs of snow and feeling very cold. 

Is Bigging hill about 150/160 ASL?

Posted

its  nasty  cold  wet  and  windy

Posted
8 minutes ago, tinybill said:

its  nasty  cold  wet  and  windy

Agree Bill

Posted

Not all doom and gloom regarding midweek to end of next but I don't really see the point chasing that far away especially the way this winter and the previous two have gone.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

In traditional settings if only the mainland was colder this would have all fallen as snow how unfortunate. We're still on for some snow this weekend - latter part of Sunday into Monday afternoon before pressure builds. 

Slight accumulations probable for those who tend to do well out of N/E winds.

image.thumb.png.3a6316efae6a1194780c9197

Moving on a quite raw day a brisk easterly wind the feel like temperature is much colder.

Ian has remarked on the MO are going with a blocked end of Feb into early March favouring cold conditions to ensue, what does this mean? Well no early start to spring, occasional sleet showers ect ect. :wink: 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It is jolly cold today and damp and yuck. 

Posted

some terrible news went  to sainsburys  l;ittle  while ago  noticed the car cleaners  not  about  asked the  girls  indoors  the firm  gone  bust   nation wide hell do  that mean i got to clean me  car  again!!!  in  the  cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

In traditional settings if only the mainland was colder this would have all fallen as snow how unfortunate. We're still on for some snow this weekend - latter part of Sunday into Monday afternoon before pressure builds. 

Slight accumulations probable for those who tend to do well out of N/E winds.

(snipped)

Yes, we dream of southerly tracking Lows during Jan or Feb and now we've got one the cold feed you would expect off mainland Europe at this time of year doesn't cut the mustard! :(

Horrible day here with fairly constant heavy drizzly rain and a stiff breeze. The temp peaked at 4.9C mid morning and has dropped now to 4.6C. I see from the precipitation radar that there is light sleet mixed in with the rain band just south of London. Snow showers starting to show oop north - hopefully EA and Kent will see some of those tomorrow.

Radar 13.30 56bf3d7a7b06e_RadarSat13Feb13.30.thumb.j Low swirling over N. France 56bf3d8c484ce_Sat24CloudSat1313.45.thumb

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

High today of 3.4 no where near the 8 degrees forecast last night lol. Not sure if it snowed before it rained or not, was sleeping till late. temp now 3.3 dp 2.7