Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Vile. Cold rain and dank. Leaden skies. When they give rain we always get that. What a joke. This is up there with the worst of the worst winters we've had to endure in case of snow. What does snow look like? I've forgotten 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

12z still showing a risk for tonight, possibly even an uparade from the 06z......charts below for reference.

h850t850eu.thumb.png.a94691fd342359d8876 uksnowrisk.thumb.png.b920ff93a30576e3d5b

56bf5971f1d0e_h850t850eu(1).thumb.png.c8 56bf59773619a_uksnowrisk(1).thumb.png.b9

56bf597c602d0_h850t850eu(2).thumb.png.a3 56bf59826fc94_uksnowrisk(2).thumb.png.16

I'm struggling to see the risk at this moment in time as current and predicted temperatures and dew points seem far to high to me and with just light rain forecast there is no chance for any evaporative cooling? Still, let's be positive in an extremely marginal set up, even if you can call it that, and I do hope that at least some of you lovely people get to see something white falling from the sky this evening / night!:) You never know, somebody may get lucky! Have a nice evening all. Now where are those straws .....

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly possible sub zero dew points pushing south through the night. Looking at the radar the precip seems to be building if this can linger a definite risk is there.

image.thumb.gif.d3c4926770cb07f9ca7008dcimage.thumb.gif.9230f207453038e8381f68e7

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Certainly possible sub zero dew points pushing south through the night. Looking at the radar the precip seems to be building if this can linger a definite risk is there.

image.thumb.gif.d3c4926770cb07f9ca7008dcimage.thumb.gif.9230f207453038e8381f68e7

Hi Daniel

Yes, the precipitation does seem to be building more than I had expected and those dew points are definitely moving in the right direction......watch this space....or your lamp post, unless the council have turned yours of a swell to save on energy costs! LOL Fingers and toes crossed for all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Snoopie42 said:

Hi Daniel

Yes, the precipitation does seem to be building more than I had expected and those dew points are definitely moving in the right direction......watch this space....or your lamp post, unless the council have turned yours of a swell to save on energy costs! LOL Fingers and toes crossed for all!

Forgot how miserable snowless easterlies were. Luckily they don't switch off the lights in London as everyone would get mugged or worse. I will look out for that snow flake in the early hours, hope it settles.:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I probably missed a lot of weather sleeping. on well. if you get that flake photo it and post it.:crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
7 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Is Bigging hill about 150/160 ASL?

Hi there, we're 182 ASL. Would love to see more than a few flakes to finish this winter!

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

High today of 3.4 no where near the 8 degrees forecast last night lol. Not sure if it snowed before it rained or not, was sleeping till late. temp now 3.3 dp 2.7 

We were told 8 degrees and only got to 3 degrees all day! Felt really raw...just wish we had some more of the white stuff!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

It might be wishful thinking but I'm sure I can see the odd blob of sleet falling in the rain

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Scrat can we come & stay at your house ?

If we get loads of the white stuff....everyone can come!!!  As long as you bring sledges and ....wine ;-) xx

• Like 2

Posted

ECM has the precip lingering all night long :p 

it should in theory turn to sleet/snow eventually into the dark depths of the night with those colder dew points moving in 850's not spectacular, It's like trying to flog a dead horse....

image.thumb.png.245114040acde165fca75efdimage.thumb.png.3e4648a193da9c5436f0fef5image.thumb.png.069fcdade8b69f667520132f

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, scrat said:

If we get loads of the white stuff....everyone can come!!!  As long as you bring sledges and ....wine ;-) xx

Got sledge....check......Wine......plenty...check......where's my car keys .....hope the roads have been gritted? Will pick up anybody within 20 min of my location on route.... @steve Murr, I'll see you there!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just been driving on the M25 and definitely some splats on the windscreen mixed with the rain! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So a standard February easterly day, grey with spots of drizzle.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
4 minutes ago, Mal Kapadia said:

Just been driving on the M25 and definitely some splats on the windscreen mixed with the rain! 

I knew it I'm a professional lamp post watcher and knew it was sleety . Thanks for confirming I'm just down the road from surbiton 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted

Looking a bit sleety in the CCTV, but it's been like that most of the day. High of the day 3.3c, lowest 0.6c. Currently sat at 2.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

My temp and dp still going upwards, wind has almost totally gone. To close to the coast for this one I expect. Let's see what happens when the north easterly kicks in tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Drizzly rain here, not that cold, but would be if i stood out there long enough :cold:, ive work tom, so off to bed soon, it will still be a drizzly day here tom, i reckon, ah well we plod on, and fingers crossed:)

Posted

Interesting this 'mass' covering London & Southeast has remained pretty much stationary for hours on end. I expect it to turn wintry as we go deeper into the night snizzle? :) 

image.thumb.png.be85e07d02d3867c76ad0f3eimage.thumb.png.5d9611590e9a5f536e59d440