Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Stunning day yesterday. Not so today, but id much rather North Sea low cloud than the Atlantic drenching rain. The ground stays dry in this weather still, so all good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloudy with some drizzle here, feeling chilly in that wind. Temp only 4.8 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well I guess today has been better than I expected, there have been a few bright or sunny intervals today, especially this afternoon. We have seen drizzle in the cloudiest moments though.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

You always know the weather is meh because no one is here!.

Another stinker of a day. The only plus point is my cough is getting better. 

It was one of those days that if it had happened at the start of the year I would of walked to school in light snow. :rofl:

oh well summer to come, horrible hot sleepless nights, no storms and other stories. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

All the cold and snow has vanished from the weather models:ninja: Easter is looking wet and windy with deep Atlantic lows crossing the country bringing gales and rain. :closedeyes: WINTER IS OVER!, even though it looks cool throughout the Easter weekend.:reindeer-emoji: At least all my Easter Eggs won't melt (one small Buttons egg that i got for myself which cost £1.00, if anyone wants to buy me another, they are more than welcome to):cray:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well I have to agree with @Dami. Yesterday was a stinker. Grey and cold; top temp of 6.7C and fine drizzle in the afternoon giving 0.2mm of rain. (P.S. Glad your cough is getting better!).

This morning started off with a brief bright spell (almost sunny) before it went very grey and the drizzle started again - enough to wet the patio in just a few minutes. But now it's brightened up again! Never mind, the Atlantic is stirring and as @lassie23 says, it's looking like a wet and windy Easter. :(

Off to my local later to watch the last weekend of the 6-Nations Rugby. The landlord is putting on themed nibbles at half-time for each game. I'm told we've got cheese & leeks on toast (Welsh rarebit) for Wales v Italy; haggis & tatties for Scotland v Ireland; and pork pies with french fries for France v England! Not sure I'll last all three games though! :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Same as yesterday, some bright spells mixed with some drizzly showers.

Posted

Well the cloud is clearing away now as we lose the wind off the north sea, looks like a fine and bright day with just some patchy cloud coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

:hi:3 days of Anticlyclonic gloom, horrible when you do not see any sunshine.:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

With in the next year....:rofl:

Posted

weather so boring it's time to talk food.

Yesterday, hubs did us a yummy lunch - beef burgers in a scottish morning roll with cheese, crispy onion rings and BBQ sauce complete with mcclain 5 minute in the oven 'french fries' 

For dinner he did chicken in white wine with loads of fresh boiled rice. We get our chicken fresh now ( as opposed to pre packed)  and you can tell the difference the chicken is soft and tasty and well tastes like chicken.

Still stuffed.

• Like 3

Posted

A very Happy Birthday to @Surrey. Hope you have a great day!  It's my Wife's birthday too, so I've taken the day off and I'm taking her out for a nice lunch. :)

Not a bad day here weather wise. The thin high cloud cover is breaking nicely and there's plenty of blue patches allowing spells of sunshine. Hardly any breeze and feeling pleasant at 10.4C.

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Dami said:

weather so boring it's time to talk food.

Yesterday, hubs did us a yummy lunch - beef burgers in a scottish morning roll with cheese, crispy onion rings and BBQ sauce complete with mcclain 5 minute in the oven 'french fries' 

For dinner he did chicken in white wine with loads of fresh boiled rice. We get our chicken fresh now ( as opposed to pre packed)  and you can tell the difference the chicken is soft and tasty and well tastes like chicken.

Still stuffed.

Is your husband a chef:ninja: Sunny here 12.7c, feeling very springy today. Talking of chicken, I threw some out in the garden yesterday and it was gone in five minutes:shok: Crows, Magpies and Ravens filled their beaks and left, they don't have babies already do they?:unknw:

Posted

Hubs just likes food.  the burgers are just birds eye and the white wine sauce came out of a jar. 

Nice cloudy day:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted

Well like yesterday the mornings sunshine has been taken away by stratus infill developing. You can't really win in these types of anticyclonic spells where there is too much cooler air aloft which allows this cloud to form so even days with an off shore wind end up mainly cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yesterday was a nice sunny day here, however today the stratus has prevailed. 

Posted
43 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well like yesterday the mornings sunshine has been taken away by stratus infill developing. You can't really win in these types of anticyclonic spells where there is too much cooler air aloft which allows this cloud to form so even days with an off shore wind end up mainly cloudy.

Yes, unfortunately the sunshine here didn't last long before it all filled in. Grey and cool now with the temp down to 9.3C. I know some will disagree, but I'm looking forward to more mobile and variable weather from the Atlantic now. Days of anticyclonic nothingness just bore me silly.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, unfortunately the sunshine here didn't last long before it all filled in. Grey and cool now with the temp down to 9.3C. I know some will disagree, but I'm looking forward to more mobile and variable weather from the Atlantic now. Days of anticyclonic nothingness just bore me silly.

Even crappy rain will be a welcome change now, although I'm still waiting for the first snow of the winter.:rofl:

Posted
20 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Indeed :) 

Some folk assume high pressure equates to sunny, warm days, funny that.

The Beeb were going for a high of 14C barely got much above double figures today & Lassie winter is behind us, onwards to Spring - it seems to be delayed this year.

• Like 1

Posted

yes I have more pressing matters now like what to wear in the mornings when its chilly but you know it will heat up. or not.

OO look ET is on the telly.

Happy belated Birthday @Surrey:D

Edited by Dami

Posted

Lovely crisp start. Got down to -1C overnight and this morning the roofs and lawns are white. Clear sky over our Region at the moment but no doubt some cloud will develop and spoil that later.

56f0f97380d0d_CloudCoverTue22Mar.thumb.j

Posted

A slight frost to start and a sunny morning. Unfortunately again cloud quickly bubbled up and filled in all the gaps for a cloudy afternoon. At least today has seen more sun and it actually feels okay out there, not as chilly as the last week or so.

Posted
16 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Gloomy!

It is isn't it! A really depressing dark grey sky here. :( And a chilly 6.3C too.

The models continue to say the first of the holiday weekends will be wet and windy. It's looking like timing might be in our favour to start the weekend, with rain bands coming through overnight:

Friday OK with the overnight rain Thurs into Fri having cleared through. Chart 03.00 Fri: 56f24c4618259_GFSPrecipFri25Mar03.00.thu

Saturday OK until the evening. The next band goes through overnight Sat into Sun. Chart 03.00 Sun: 56f24c6aa7274_GFSPrecipSun27Mar03.00.thu

Sun & Mon looking like showers or longer spells of rain both days and a stiff S/SW wind blowing.

Sun 15.00: 56f24c7b3b8f7_GFSPrecipSun27Mar15.00.thu Mon 15.00: 56f24c86cfa39_GFSPrecipMon28Mar15.00.thu

• Like 1