Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Feels much milder this morning, clouded over now though but looks like the sunshine will return for this afternoon.

Love the fact its staying dry - if it cant be warm & sunny or cold and crisp ill take the in between... I mean lets not kid ourselves, if it isnt this kind of weather it would be the Atlantic train...Only interesting for those who have no outdoor social life and like to sit at home getting excited over a 40mph wind gust and drenching rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

The sunshine was so bright this morning I had to keep checking I wasn't late for the school run. Quickly turned cloudy and that wind is much stronger today and just as cold and needs to do one.

So does this bug. 

Posted

Morning all,

Here in Southend it is another day when that keen wind and layer of cloud are holding the temps down making it feel quiet fresh out there still.  We did hit double figures yesterday for a short while, then an over night low of around 5 degrees.  The sun is doing battle with the cloud, but at the moment the cloud is winning.

FC

Posted

Had worse weather than wot we are currently experiencing now. I call this the holding pattern at the end of winter waiting to see which way the jet stream goes is it going to give us warmth is it going to prolong the slightly colder stuff.

Some really interesting things been written about Spring on here in last few days. One thing I will say @Ben Lewis if there are fans of stormier conditions then so be it. Most of us retire in the summer and come back in the winter. if people have outside activities but also like a bit of wind and rain so what lol.

this is my thoughts on spring and summer purely from a biast POV.  Spring may take some time to properly be sprung, hoping that we get a warmer april than last year and a warm may warming up june and hot july and august.... really seems like a long time since we had a properly hot august

wot does everyone else want for spring and summer..... oh and I want a proper electric storm like last year :-)

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Jimmyh said:

Had worse weather than wot we are currently experiencing now. I call this the holding pattern at the end of winter waiting to see which way the jet stream goes is it going to give us warmth is it going to prolong the slightly colder stuff.

Some really interesting things been written about Spring on here in last few days. One thing I will say @Ben Lewis if there are fans of stormier conditions then so be it. Most of us retire in the summer and come back in the winter. if people have outside activities but also like a bit of wind and rain so what lol.

this is my thoughts on spring and summer purely from a biast POV.  Spring may take some time to properly be sprung, hoping that we get a warmer april than last year and a warm may warming up june and hot july and august.... really seems like a long time since we had a properly hot august

wot does everyone else want for spring and summer..... oh and I want a proper electric storm like last year :-)

@Jimmyh did I say there was anything wrong with wanting wind and rain. I was just explaining that I would rather this weather than the Atlantic train and that its only interesting for people who like rain and wind. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Much better, the cloud quickly cleared at sunrise to leave a fine day with patchy cloud and sunny spells. It does feel chilly in that wind though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Definitely would like some proper convective weather like we used to get in decades gone by. A few all night electrical storms in the summer and some decent showers in spring. Otherwise, I'd like a 'normal' spring with some warm sunshine but also some useful rain. I'd love this summer to be a hot and mainly sunny one, especially the 2nd half, something massively overdue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Definitely would like some proper convective weather like we used to get in decades gone by. A few all night electrical storms in the summer and some decent showers in spring. Otherwise, I'd like a 'normal' spring with some warm sunshine but also some useful rain. I'd love this summer to be a hot and mainly sunny one, especially the 2nd half, something massively overdue.

I'm still waiting for snow:doh:

• Like 1

Posted

If i get as many thunderstorms as i did snow this winter it would break the 'only one' i got and give me 2.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
51 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm still waiting for snow:doh:

Probably will come in June!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Ground frost and foggy this morning. Overnight min 0.5C. The temp has already crept up to 2.2C and the frost has melted. The fog is also thinning and I can see a hint of blue sky overhead. Hopefully less cloud today; yesterday was disappointing with low cloud frequently rolling in off the North Sea.

• Like 1

Posted

I hope that cold wind has gone, it's not doing much for my cough.

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Dami said:

I hope that cold wind has gone, it's not doing much for my cough.

It's still there and getting colder, at this rate it will be snowing soon.:hi::cold:

Posted
16 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Probably will come in June!

Can you imagine this forum if it actually happened? :D Shame forums we're around last time it happened, I would have liked to have read people's reactions!

Chilly 0.5c at 6am, sunny now...make the most of it though as cloudy meh is a-comin.

Posted

Beautiful sunny morning here, this afternoon looks to be gorgeous.

So its been a while since any appreciable rain has fallen in my part of the world. Long may it continue, after a soaking wet winter and a saturated ground I’ll be happy if it never rains again till next September. Zero possibility of course!! Its been great taking my outdoor running off pavements and walking the dogs without having to battle Atlantic muck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Absolute stunner of a day. Hardly a breath of wind so pottering in the garden this afternoon felt warm in the sunshine, despite shade temp topping out at only 10.2C. My lawn has had it's first haircut of the season and I've earned a few brownie points by re-planting Mrs Blessed's pots. I think I'll cash in my points by strolling to the local for a teatime pint - might have a Guinness as it's St. Patrick's Day! 

As Team Squirrel says above, cloudy meh heading our way and the sequence on Sat24 confirms it's trundling down the North Sea towards us.

56ead0ce40356_CloudCoverThur17Mar15.15.t

http://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful day. Only topped out at 10.6C but calm and sunny, birds singing, got stuff done in the garden. Spring bliss! All I need now is for it to reach the mid teens! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

After a clear and frosty start we did get some fog/low cloud roll in which lasted until mid-morning. After that it was mostly sunny with some patchy fair weather cloud.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a lovely day here, first time this year I got to warm in my coat. Thought it was the same as the other days, looking warm but feeling cold.

Posted

Today had a lovely freshness about it, almost too warm for my hat, i think the days of woolly hat are numbered for this year till september.

As much as people love this sunny weather to me its just boring, wake up to some fog, sun breaks through, light wind ... c'mon get those april showers a month early with maybe a crash of thunder to make it more interesting. 

I could write one post and that would cover it for most of the week.:lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

What a perfect March day.
Lovely sunny weather, why would you want anything else.
Not very warm, cool breeze, but out the wind, pretty dam hot when working in it.

The sun is on its way up now, even got a nice red glow on my back and shoulders from working in the garden

Posted

After a beautiful day yesterday, the vile, useless North Sea clag has rolled in exactly as forecast.  Shame the sun isn't stronger to burn it off though who knows, might be pleasantly surprised.

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

After a beautiful day yesterday, the vile, useless North Sea clag has rolled in exactly as forecast.  Shame the sun isn't stronger to burn it off though who knows, might be pleasantly surprised.

I don't like cloud either:angry: