Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

My thoughts for what its worth, based on no particular signals etc, just feeling..

June - Overall the driest and sunniest month, lots of anticyclonic weather thanks to a weak jet, but no real injection of heat. Dry possibly very dry in the NW.

July - A unsettled month, with the typical NW-SE split in evidence, westerly airstream, but quite warm overall

August - Dullest and most unsettled of the three months, cyclonic conditions at times, very wet and quite cool.

I hope that doesn't come to fruition. There are few things worse than a summer that starts off promising only to get worse - similar to how December 2010 was great but the rest of that winter was so disappointing. A good August is well overdue and quite frankly I'd be happy with both June and July being cold and wet if August was a scorcher. The lack of good August's in recent years surely cannot continue - it's statistically impossible.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Me thinks 30c will be a rare beast this year on our shores,by the looks of things we could be heading for a cool typical uk summer.

Posted

The biggesr problem is the wind.. If we had a high centered to the north.. if we get plenty of sunshine it wont be that bad. if there is no wind...I hear there is possibilty of a high from iceland centered to the north in comig few days..If the winds are 2/3mph  bearly noticeable it will be pleasent enough..

Jus annoys me that no weather forecast seems to be decent enough to mention that the wind is making it feel cold in certain pasrts of the uk.. I know they have said down the east coast. But thats not been the case.. the north easterly has travelled along way inland.

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
19 minutes ago, markyo said:

Me thinks 30c will be a rare beast this year on our shores,by the looks of things we could be heading for a cool typical uk summer.

We would still expect at least a few days of 30c in a 'typical' summer.

Posted
1 hour ago, B87 said:

We would still expect at least a few days of 30c in a 'typical' summer.

Very much would depend on your location,its like getting sub -5c temps in winter,will only occur in certain areas.

Posted
7 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Cant complain about the weather on the west-coast today. was a nice  trip :D.. Now whats going to happen with the weather now? . are we going to have a decent June or not?

Yes i think 23c was recorded today somewhere west. Have a look on Model discussion and the latest still shows it turning warmer next week and a chance of very warm weather setting in. Also a chance of unsettled trying to push in too. We live in hope of the former:pardon:

Posted
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 07:35, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, been following washout Whit monday since last Sunday, shown since then, and hardly changed, will be a washout, timed right for the day, bbc not on board yet but will be soon

Erm....20c and sunny afternoon here today.

In fact the whole BH w/e has been pretty decent here. Warm sunshine and blue skies other than a few hours of low cloud early morning today.

Weather model output?! Pfft.....dont trust it more than 48 hours in advance these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Erm....20c and sunny afternoon here today.

In fact the whole BH w/e has been pretty decent here. Warm sunshine and blue skies other than a few hours of low cloud early morning today.

Weather model output?! Pfft.....dont trust it more than 48 hours in advance these days.

yes, it stayed East, Paris had it, first washout there during French open since 2000, heading our way though

Posted

The Weather Outlook has joined the list of long-range forecasts going for a warmer than average Summer with August as the warmest month. Next week could see local highs of 25-28c:yahoo:

Edited by Matthew Wilson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

TWO summer forecast

Summer: Rather warm

Forecast Issued 31/05/2016

Important note about long range weather forecasts: It is considered impossible to say with certainty what the weather will be like more than a few days ahead in the UK. Long range forecasts on TheWeatherOutlook have not been independently verified, and we make no claims for their accuracy. A range of factors including seasonal computer models, recent weather patterns, sea surface temperatures and teleconnections are considered when making the forecasts.

Overview

Warmer than average with the possibility of several hot spells of weather. Despite this it is likely to be unsettled at times with rainfall close to average over the season as a whole.

Temperature

A warmer than average summer is expected. The aggregated Central England Temperature (CET) for June, July and August is forecast to be 0.5C to 1.5C above the average.

Full forecast here: http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/uk-seasonal-weather-forecast

Posted

Looks like another poor summer for 2016 with lots of rain and wind forecast for June.

The best days of the year are always in May as with previous summers of the last few years.

Posted
1 hour ago, Matthew Wilson said:

The Weather Outlook has joined the list of long-range forecasts going for a warmer than average Summer with August as the warmest month. Next week could see local highs of 25-28c:yahoo:

I think any forecast at that range should be taken with a huge pinch of salt,next week may see high temps but very locally confineded to the south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 minutes ago, markyo said:

I think any forecast at that range should be taken with a huge pinch of salt,next week may see high temps but very locally confineded to the south east.

Not if the ECM is to be believed, some lovely heat moving up the country on the latest run. Would be nice to see high pressure this summer that's stronger than Julian Clarey's handshake.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
53 minutes ago, 'ColdIsBest' said:

Looks like another poor summer for 2016 with lots of rain and wind forecast for June.

The best days of the year are always in May as with previous summers of the last few years.

?

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, MP-R said:

?

Yes, it is a rather odd statement unless you live at CairnGorm Summit of course. MP-R lets see your likes hit a G! I have ocd with that number:nea:

Edited by Matthew Wilson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Possibly becoming more humid and thundery next week as we swap the NE'ly wind for a SW'ly flow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36422006

Yes, please - a SWly would be great right about now. This grey, wet weather can be returned to its rightful owners - Ireland, Scotland and Cumbria.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
35 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Yes, it is a rather odd statement unless you live at CairnGorm Summit of course. MP-R lets see your likes hit a G! I have ocd with that number:nea:

Haha thank you @Matthew Wilson! Congrats on being my 1000th liker. Now to get to 1111! 

Yes, if anything, May has more often than not been the thorn between April and June.

Posted
2 hours ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Temperatures may be getting frightfully close next week.

Its unlikely to get 30c near leeds where i am.. But the bbc is predicting a warm spell of weather. so we will see what happens :D

Posted

First day of "summer" and right on cue the cloudy cold crud has returned. At least it's not a SE/the rest split though, that is the worst summer pattern and I really hope it stays away for once this year. If the west coast gets the best weather it's easy to drive to west Wales to sit on the beach, but it takes forever to get to somewhere like Brighton.

Clutching at straws but the next few days' forecast is somewhat reminiscent of early June 1995, when the summer started earlier the further west you were.... But I totally agree we are well overdue a decent August. It's been an autumn month in the past 10 years.