Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Just hit 19.5c,perfect summers day blue sky nice temp and slight breeze,what's not to like! Well below the forecast temps again by about 4 to 5 degrees,to much is made of the operational runs regarding temps in both summer and winter in my opinion,very often they are wide of the mark.Make the most of this as by mid week i suspect a change will be starting to creep in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Reached 22C here, more or less what was forecast.

Posted

Beautiful from late onwards with clear skies and hardly any breeze in my back garden, a high of 24.4C

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely day here in the Peaks, Temp 21c feels hot in the sun.

20160605_172005.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Porthmadog hit 27.4c at 5pm the UK's highest temperature so far this year is 27.7c

Wow. Which site do you see the latest? I used Netweather latest top 20.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, Matthew Wilson said:

Wow. Which site do you see the latest? I used Netweather latest top 20.

BBC weather and the Met office on twitter are the best to follow

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

BBC weather and the Met office on twitter are the best to follow

Thanks. I wonder if today can climb anymore? I noticed Heathrow edging up- maybe one to watch tomorrow.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Thanks. I wonder if today can climb anymore? I noticed Heathrow edging up- maybe one to watch tomorrow.

Probably just about at the peak now for today it might go up slightly but can't see anything higher than 27.6c if it does increase

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

How come we are already receiving UV Levels of 8, surely this is unusual for this time of year as normally these are often rare and will only occur in late June?

Posted

We have a UV index of 7 today which is about as high as it will go here.

47 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Probably just about at the peak now for today it might go up slightly but can't see anything higher than 27.6c if it does increase

I tend to use Weather Online, a nd there is a good site from Reading University.

http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~brugge/May2016.html

Edited by J10
to add link - Reading University

Posted

Porthmadog went up a lot more than I expected and reached 27.8c making it the warmest day in the UK so far this year

Posted

No idea what's going to happen rest of the summer here but these last 5 days (I count 1st June as the start of summer) have been absolutely incredible up here. Adding possible a thunderstorm or few into the mix too next couple of days. Stunning spell

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
19 minutes ago, NUT said:

No idea what's going to happen rest of the summer here but these last 5 days (I count 1st June as the start of summer) have been absolutely incredible up here. Adding possible a thunderstorm or few into the mix too next couple of days. Stunning spell

Same down here, for NW areas of the UK it's been a great spell of weather.

Posted

I suspect for many areas of the NW the last 5 days are as good as it is ever likely to get this summer. I think for eastern areas, given July and August are often far superior months, the prospects are naturally better.

With any luck though we'll get a nice big UK high a la July 2013 so the entire country can benefit from some sustained warmth and sunshine.. although August 1995 would be a treat as well!

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
9 minutes ago, Greenland1080 said:

All extremely Disapointing for Summer heat, in fact temps here have been rubbish....Xmas day warmer than last Tuesday...deary me......Its all a bit drab, underwhelming, normal.

So IMBY, unbelievable!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
11 minutes ago, Greenland1080 said:

All extremely Disapointing for Summer heat, in fact temps here have been rubbish....Xmas day warmer than last Tuesday...deary me......Its all a bit drab, underwhelming, normal.

You have just glossed over the fact its been a fine warm weekend for many and it will be warm all through the week ahead with sunny spells...or doesn't that count?!:)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cheese said:

I suspect for many areas of the NW the last 5 days are as good as it is ever likely to get this summer. I think for eastern areas, given July and August are often far superior months, the prospects are naturally better.

With any luck though we'll get a nice big UK high a la July 2013 so the entire country can benefit from some sustained warmth and sunshine.. although August 1995 would be a treat as well!

Western areas often tend to have good Junes, far better than July and August, at least in most of the recent years.

1 hour ago, Frosty. said:

You have just glossed over the fact its been a fine warm weekend for many and it will be warm all through the week ahead with sunny spells...or doesn't that count?!:)

Agreed, and to prove a point for last Tuesday temps were

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LANG=en&UP=0&R=310&TYP=tmax&ART=tabelle&LANG=en&DATE=1464692400&KEY=UK&LAND=UK&CONT=ukuk&SORT=3&SI=mph&CEL=C&UD=0

Dundee 25c
Glasgow 24c
Cardiff 23c
Strathallan 22c
Exeter 22c

I know places like High Wycombe had 10c, but so often they say Heatwave UK when only the SE benefits.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
3 minutes ago, J10 said:

Agreed, and to prove a point for last Tuesday temps were

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LANG=en&UP=0&R=310&TYP=tmax&ART=tabelle&LANG=en&DATE=1464692400&KEY=UK&LAND=UK&CONT=ukuk&SORT=3&SI=mph&CEL=C&UD=0

Dundee 25c
Glasgow 24c
Cardiff 23c
Strathallan 22c
Exeter 22c

I know places like High Wycombe had 10c, but so often they say Heatwave UK when only the SE benefits.

Yes it was a very misleading post from Greenland1080, anyone reading his post would think there hasn't been any warm weather yet but as you say, the west has been warm through the last week and we will all be warm through the week ahead, just setting the record straight and keeping it real.:)

• Like 1