Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
6 minutes ago, wishingforsnow said:

The models don't liok 

Yeah feels a couple of degrees cooler here (22c) compared to the last few days. Still pretty humid though. 

Perhaps cooler, but fresher implies a lower dew point, which is not really the case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
22 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

It's not fresher at all today, cooler perhaps in terms of temperature but not fresher in terms of the humidity- last night was one of the warmest nights of the year for most.

My side of the Pennines has been a so much better today,must be a variation due to to the location. Not got much above 16c here,agree last night wasn't to good sleeping wise but it did cool down towards dawn which made it so much more easy to have that lie in!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

16c here today too....lovely :)

• Like 2

Posted

Woke to thick fog...it is june isn't it?? At least no one say at the moment our weather isn't varied! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

Woke to thick fog...it is june isn't it?? At least no one say at the moment our weather isn't varied! 

Our weather is varied alright.. 50 shades of grey.

Posted
12 minutes ago, cheese said:

Our weather is varied alright.. 50 shades of grey.

Yep i totally agree it certainly seems that way....my goodness i've actually agreed with you for once!:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Vile Atlantic grot today with rain and cool temperatures here. Fingers crossed for that modelled rise in pressure later this coming week!

Posted

From almost 2 weeks of clear skies............since say before dusk (say 8PM or so) Thursday night, not seen the sun since (and it don't look like might see any to the middle of the week or so)

Posted

Outlook for the rest of June looks like a North South split developing after this upcoming unsettled week, though a chance that UK wide high pressure and warmer weather could come for July - Low confidence in that at the moment according to the Met because early July is still a couple of weeks away, hopefully it comes off though :) They were right about high pressure in June mixed with breakdowns of showers and longer spells of rain, as we're seeing now. I personally think this will be the general theme of weather this summer: a mixed bag. A rise in pressure again this weekend after a gloomy few days will be most welcome. At least these Atlantic grey/wet periods look to be transient and not completely dominating the summer like 2007. 

Edited by wishingforsnow

Posted

To be honest i can't see anything firming up for any settled hot weather for the rest of June,charts 5plus days out shouldn't really be taken with much credence in my opinion. As usual the focal point will be the position of the jet stream and all models i think are struggling with that over any extended time frame. To be very honest i hope i am wrong as i know how much many people enjoy the hot conditions. Though being that old man i am i don't!:angry::angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
39 minutes ago, markyo said:

To be honest i can't see anything firming up for any settled hot weather for the rest of June,charts 5plus days out shouldn't really be taken with much credence in my opinion. As usual the focal point will be the position of the jet stream and all models i think are struggling with that over any extended time frame. To be very honest i hope i am wrong as i know how much many people enjoy the hot conditions. Though being that old man i am i don't!:angry::angry:

Maybe not hot but we've got to remember temperatures respond quickly under any sunshine this time of year looking at ECM the mid 20's could be hit in the usual places sunshine provided

Even under this 'cooler spell' London isn't forecast to get below 19c and that's with a lot of cloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny

grotty day here today but after the past couple of weeks cant complain but will anyway :D

looking like a very showery week but my laurel trees need some water hopefully come the weekend itl cheer up again! its been a lovely start to summer here in the west this time last week it was gorgeous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Another day of grotty grey skies and heavy rain.

I'm afraid that for me, the novelty has now worn off. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Maybe not hot but we've got to remember temperatures respond quickly under any sunshine this time of year looking at ECM the mid 20's could be hit in the usual places sunshine provided

Even under this 'cooler spell' London isn't forecast to get below 19c and that's with a lot of cloud

Yep,good point. But to be honest i'm going to punt for next warm/hot spell about mid july ish,i'm only saying that due to no general trend in the available models which is consistent  enough to prove otherwise. Really hope i'm wrong due to so many peoples reliance on a decent summer.

Posted

First half of the summer, most likely to be episodic between warmer settled dry conditions and something more unsettled and showery though not particularly cool from the west, seems the form horse looking ahead. A temporary transitory ridge through next weekend into the following week, but cooler air from the NW not far away and the trough will anchor down and become entangled across the country with ridge to the east and SW, quite messy. Believe the first half will be better than the second half with the unsettled weather increasingly gaining the upper hand but perhaps not firmly until August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

With a quick glance over past years we seem to be going through a period  not seen in modern times,the nearset being the 1960s where there was a whole decade with little summer months to cheer about.Since 2006 there have been just a couple of months that have been very good,june 2010 and july 2013 are all that springs to mind.We are well overdue a very good summer here,not seen since 2006 unless you live in the south[2013].Where have summers like 1970,75,76,83,84,89,90,95,96,97,2003 and 2006 gone ?

Posted

Summer's 12 days old and is running warmer than average.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
34 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

With a quick glance over past years we seem to be going through a period  not seen in modern times,the nearset being the 1960s where there was a whole decade with little summer months to cheer about.Since 2006 there have been just a couple of months that have been very good,june 2010 and july 2013 are all that springs to mind.We are well overdue a very good summer here,not seen since 2006 unless you live in the south[2013].Where have summers like 1970,75,76,83,84,89,90,95,96,97,2003 and 2006 gone ?

Agreed, we had some lengthy dry and sunny periods in 2013 but 2006 was the last prolonged hot summer up here.

i remember spending several weeks digging out, building a retaining wall and fitting a decent sized area of decking and only had one day where wet weather stopped me.

we're certainly due something better but whether we'll get is is debatable.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Interesting outputs suggesting the warmest June since 06 may be likely. I'm still very wary of this warm June not been born out during most of the summer though with the analogues posted a few pages ago for shadowing that. 

Posted

Does anybody have any charts/info for the weather near Derby on Friday just gone? (10th)

We drove up to Download Festival in wonderfully warm sunshine, but as soon as we got out of the car upon arrival, a biblical deluge of extraordinary proportions consumed the land laying waste to the green fields around Donington race-track and turning them into brown mud-baths.

This deluge did not stop. All day it went. I thought it was weird because the clouds seemed to pass over and then come back again in a sea-saw motion, pivoting right over Donington.

Needless to say it was absolutely disgusting. My friend was hypothermic and the rain was hitting my face so hard it dislodged my contact lenses. My money melted inside my wallet and now none of my bank cards work.

Never seen rain like it and don't really fancy seeing anything like it again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

BBC week ahead forecast saying the weather will go down hill again on Sunday / Monday ECM and GFS suggest otherwise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36511340

seemed confident as well, models agree, rubbish rest of June

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

seemed confident as well, models agree, rubbish rest of June

At least UKMO shows the high staying for Sunday I suspect the beeb will be backtrack over the next few days

Rukm1441.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

When is this Atlantic garbage due to clear up? Considering it's 'flaming' June, it really is vile here, gloomy, rain on and off and feeling cold at 17C. I thought there were meant to be storms again today....?

• Like 1