Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really crap today,way to humid for the temp,makes it feel a lot warmer than it is.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Doesn't Leeds pretty much have one of the worst accents of the UK, you'd be surrounded by people who sound like Mel B :rofl:

I'm not sure - the Brummie accent was recently voted the ugliest in the UK, and probably for good reason considering 90% of people sound like this..

Anyway - another day with a dew point of 13C so quite sultry and unpleasant. Delicate flowers everywhere are wilting as we speak.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Don't think they do, Cheesy feet.  And I don't think Birmingham is in the Black Country.  

I'll send you a map by PM, if you'd like. 

Putting all that aside, at least our observations agree - steamy here. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, weather09 said:

Don't think they do, Cheesy feet.  And I don't think Birmingham is in the Black Country.  

I'll send you a map by PM, if you'd like. 

Putting all that aside, at least our observations agree - steamy here. 

Sorry - it's all a bit samey to me. 

I was hoping for a storm today to clear out the stifling atmosphere but unfortunately it's remained dry all day. Considering booking a last-minute trip to Malta for some relief. And you think unbearable humidity is restricted to Brumopolis? Hah!

Edited by cheese

Posted
22 minutes ago, markyo said:

Really crap today,way to humid for the temp,makes it feel a lot warmer than it is.

last June was the opposite quite sunny but the wind made it feel alot colder than it was...At least there is plenty of heat around. once we get some sunny days  it will feel like summer..

Posted
53 minutes ago, cheese said:

And you think unbearable humidity is restricted to Brumopolis? Hah!

Don't knock it. Some good prices going for trips to Brum.  Plenty of things to do. There's also nice little canal that runs through the city that you can jump into...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, weather09 said:

Don't knock it. Some good prices going for trips to Brum.  Plenty of things to do. There's also nice little canal that runs through the city that you can jump into...

More canals then Venice, or so I hear.

Nah, but it isn't too bad. At least it isn't Manchester .:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, B87 said:

A cold afternoon today - only 15c with heavy showers, though it was 19c earlier (a poor day for June though).

Is summer ever going to arrive in the SE?

yes next week, while I will have rain and wind on the wrong side of the NW/SE split

Posted

At least the wildlife loves this humidity,real joy to get home to the armada of slugs advancing up my drive,what a treat to behold. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes next week, while I will have rain and wind on the wrong side of the NW/SE split

Even then, temps will barely be average down here (20-22c).  Looks like the 25.9c we had in the first week will be the warmest day of the month!

Posted
13 minutes ago, B87 said:

Even then, temps will barely be average down here (20-22c).  Looks like the 25.9c we had in the first week will be the warmest day of the month!

Would be worth a punt that 25.9c won't be beaten anywhere from north midlands upwards for the rest of the summer season. Just got this feeling that heat lovers are in for a poor summer generally over the uk. Don't get me wrong certain areas will exceed that temp but even there i doubt any heatwave. Could be wrong,just seems the general trend though. Enjoyable model watching but very inconsistent until the range comes down to the reliable timeframe,exactly like winter months.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The beeb still expect the high to be short lived with low pressure retuning early next week

4574646.png

These forecasts are usually recorded early in the evening so either UKMO is a rouge run or its not got enough support to take into affect yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36523062

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

At least the wildlife loves this humidity,real joy to get home to the armada of slugs advancing up my drive,what a treat to behold. 

:rofl: This month is starting to remind me of November. Started beautiful then went very mild and muggy. What if July follows on like December:fool:

Posted
55 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The beeb still expect the high to be short lived with low pressure retuning early next week

4574646.png

These forecasts are usually recorded early in the evening so either UKMO is a rouge run or its not got enough support to take into affect yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36523062

the bbc as gone awol. thats 2 days ago.. the update for this evening aint happend yet..

Posted
3 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

the bbc as gone awol. thats 2 days ago.. the update for this evening aint happend yet..

Oops good spot they've took down last nights and put up Monday's...

*Note to self check the dates...*

They may have some issues at the moment the short range forecast has gone back to 08:07 and the only Features & Analysis video now is Why are showers so hard to forecast? with Tomasz Schafernaker

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 hours ago, B87 said:

A cold afternoon today - only 15c with heavy showers, though it was 19c earlier (a poor day for June though).

Is summer ever going to arrive in the SE?

Was a lovely morning with warm sun until the very heavy showers got going. These died away mid afternoon and some sunshine arrived but it felt much cooler, definitely very poor for June here. Next week looks a bit warmer, maybe low 20's which would be acceptable if sunny.

Posted

Updated forecast from the beeb for next week

4674564.png

How far north it gets remains uncertain but certainly for the south it should be drier and brighter

No links from BBC weather website so far they seems to have technical issues

• Like 2

Posted

There is a chance after looking at the temps for the rest of the month that this could be the warmest CET since 1976. There is a reasonable shot at beating the other 2:

2003: 16.1

2006: 15.9

1976:17.0

Note all these summers were very warm/hot. Far too early to write off this summer. Maybe this weekend onwards July/August the sun will gradually return to all parts:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
53 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

There is a chance after looking at the temps for the rest of the month that this could be the warmest CET since 1976. There is a reasonable shot at beating the other 2:

2003: 16.1

2006: 15.9

1976:17.0

Note all these summers were very warm/hot. Far too early to write off this summer. Maybe this weekend onwards July/August the sun will gradually return to all parts:)

The complete opposite down here.

At the half way stage, temps are about average, though rainfall is above, and sunshine is well below at 53 hours (on course to be the cloudiest June ever).

Looks like next week we will finally get some average late June days; partly cloudy and highs of 22-23c, though still no sign of any warmth.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted

Steamy summer's morning out there.  Mist in the air and feeling warm and humid. Surrounded by tall trees, one feels like they're in the jungle.  Dewpoint 12C.  Tropical summer so far. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

June currently running around 1.3c below average here, continuing what has been a cool year so far. Still living in hope that this summer will produce the goods, 30c please! :D

Posted
6 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

June currently running around 1.3c below average here, continuing what has been a cool year so far. Still living in hope that this summer will produce the goods, 30c please! :D

Even in the 'poor summers' where flooding and washouts occurred we still got 30c plus its rare these days for the UK not to record a 30c

Posted
13 hours ago, Matthew Wilson said:

:rofl: This month is starting to remind me of November. Started beautiful then went very mild and muggy. What if July follows on like December:fool:

This pattern seems entrenched at the moment,no real sign of a proper change. Had to repel the slug armada last night,they took heavy casualties but alas regrouped by this morning fuelled by this high humidity!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Even in the 'poor summers' where flooding and washouts occurred we still got 30c plus its rare these days for the UK not to record a 30c

Not seen 30c here since June 2011, nearby York has done a few times in recent years but we are usually a degree or so cooler. A week of +25c will do me though!