Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I have a bad feeling about this summer, just read latest met office update and no sign of a hot or settled spell, just the usual crap nw / se split. Last summer was garbage but at least we had a hot plume at the start of July 2015 but there is no sign of that even.

yeah that plume lasted  3  days and that was it.... The met office keeps changing they have as much clue as the rest of us..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I think we can safely say June has been a rite off for anybody wanting a hot spell,nothing on the horizon till at least the first week of july,may change but signs aren't good for people who's jobs are focused on these summer months i'm afraid,time yet though. Even the short warm spell at the start of this month was ruined by the humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

yeah that plume lasted  3  days and that was it.... The met office keeps changing they have as much clue as the rest of us..

When it comes to the weather and on net weather I try to be positive but with the met office outlook now going out to mid July and no hint of a heatwave, I'm fearing the worst this summer. We had a crap summer last year, and an abysmal winter and spring.. when are we going to get our next good season?

Posted

June as not been a  write off at all. the first 8/9 days was terrific and hopefully this week coming up will be acceoptable summer week...Not perfect but then again it never is in the UK.. Peoples emotion are up and down over the GFS charts..one minute its showing 80 degress next  below average. how can anyone take it serious.. looking at the weather ahead its not looking that bad.. .

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

When it comes to the weather and on net weather I try to be positive but with the met office outlook now going out to mid July and no hint of a heatwave, I'm fearing the worst this summer. We had a crap summer last year, and an abysmal winter and spring.. when are we going to get our next good season?

Yet Michael fish in his weekly forecast mentions upto 28c in the south east  22/23c for much of the rest of the country.. I dont want an heatwave i want around  70/72f and thats typical summer weather for the UK..last summer never got higher than 18c for most of the summer.. I recall july last year for 3 weeks it struggled to get pat 15c.. was ridiculous. there are is plenty of warm air about  this summer. even the bbc as got warm air pushinhg up from the south midweek.. tuedays is looking like a decent day  country wide. etc..It could be worse.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Yet Michael fish in his weekly forecast mentions upto 28c in the south east  22/23c for much of the rest of the country.. I dont want an heatwave i want around  70/72f and thats typical summer weather for the UK..last summer never got higher than 18c for most of the summer.. I recall july last year for 3 weeks it struggled to get pat 15c.. was ridiculous. there are is plenty of warm air about  this summer. even the bbc as got warm air pushinhg up from the south midweek.. tuedays is looking like a decent day  country wide. etc..It could be worse.

Yes you are right, it could be worse:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I have a bad feeling about this summer, just read latest met office update and no sign of a hot or settled spell, just the usual crap nw / se split. Last summer was garbage but at least we had a hot plume at the start of July 2015 but there is no sign of that even.

Well the usual NW/SE split would suit me fine as that is the normal situation, but we can't even seem to get anything decent into the south this month apart from 2 days at the start. I'm not worried yet as it's 'only' June 18th....but it would be nice if we had some decent spells of weather each summer month, not just weeks of gloom followed by 2 sunny days, etc etc. Of course the outlook may improve. Can't judge a week until it's over!

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well the usual NW/SE split would suit me fine as that is the normal situation, but we can't even seem to get anything decent into the south this month apart from 2 days at the start. I'm not worried yet as it's 'only' June 18th....but it would be nice if we had some decent spells of weather each summer month, not just weeks of gloom followed by 2 sunny days, etc etc. Of course the outlook may improve. Can't judge a week until it's over!

Yes the south / southeast should do ok, have a nice holiday, at least it will warmer than the uk.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Yes the south / southeast should do ok, have a nice holiday, at least it will warmer than the uk.

Thank you. It should be around 30C and sunny in Spain with a nice breeze by the pool, lovely for sipping a margarita or two :D

GFS run doesn't look TOO horrible but with winds from the NW it won't be particularly warm or sunny. However, plenty of uncertainty even in the shorter term, so who knows. Will be interesting to see which model gets it right.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It looks like temperatures will be on the up by the end of the week likely to see some thunderstorms in the south and SE as the humidity rises

ClPceToWQAIuU52.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Totally agree,our seasons have deserted us,can't see much in the way of good summer weather for the northern areas in the next 2 weeks,low twenties at best coupled with a cloud base,not ideal at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

June hasn't been too bad to be honest, June 2015 and actually 2013 were in my opinion worse for my location. There have been some truly dire days mixed with some warm/very warm and sunny days as well as a few days with thunderstorms.

Next week looks complex with a front stalling somewhere near the UK with very warm or even hot weather developing to the south east of this. I would say the north west looks definitely mixed with near normal temperatures, somewhere could see a lot of cloud and rain for a good part of the second half of the week, somewhere (south east favoured) could see a properly summer like week if the fronts stall further north and west. 

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

June hasn't been too bad to be honest, June 2015 and actually 2013 were in my opinion worse for my location. There have been some truly dire days mixed with some warm/very warm and sunny days as well as a few days with thunderstorms.

Next week looks complex with a front stalling somewhere near the UK with very warm or even hot weather developing to the south east of this. I would say the north west looks definitely mixed with near normal temperatures, somewhere could see a lot of cloud and rain for a good part of the second half of the week, somewhere (south east favoured) could see a properly summer like week if the fronts stall further north and west. 

Sorry but it's not good enough and no sign of a hot spell out to mid July from the experts. Nothing to get excited about except a few toasty Fi op runs here and there. Poor.

Posted

Anyway what really annoys me about the BBC in particular is there 10 day out look never changes even though their weather outlook does.. says 10 days of dry weather for my location. dishonest the lot of them,.and i had to laugh peter gibbs claiming the change in the weather is going to accur on monday..heres me thinking 2 cloudy days on saturday and sunday was the change in the weather.Its  not been great for a week an half.. wheres this huge high pressure louise lear was mentioning..I tend to rant alot. But i prefer people ot be honest rather then play on words and give people the wrong impression.. nothing is changing to our weather its still unsettled..

Posted

Until that general trend of agreement with all the major models becomes even slightly apparent then i'm afraid we are going to be stuck in this rut,i dread to think now if my pessimistic max of 25c reached in my area early this month as the high for the summer will come true. Honestly i hope not,even though i don't like such temps i know so many do.

Posted
20 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Anyway what really annoys me about the BBC in particular is there 10 day out look never changes even though their weather outlook does.. says 10 days of dry weather for my location. dishonest the lot of them,.and i had to laugh peter gibbs claiming the change in the weather is going to accur on monday..heres me thinking 2 cloudy days on saturday and sunday was the change in the weather.Its  not been great for a week an half.. wheres this huge high pressure louise lear was mentioning..I tend to rant alot. But i prefer people ot be honest rather then play on words and give people the wrong impression.. nothing is changing to our weather its still unsettled..

Agreed, anyway it does look like warming up in the south and becoming more humid but only for a few days apparently.

Posted
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Yes that's the hope for our region, if the fronts stay away to the NW we will get some proper summer conditions. Could almost forgive the last 2 weeks if that happened! Like you say though we have seen some exciting convective weather and it hasn't always been cool but this chilly gloom needs to go asap.

Posted

Thankfully the push of humid conditions will only last a few days from mid week onwards then a return to atlantic influence.  What many don't want i know but for old farts like me who dislike muggy weather it's good news,selfish point of view sorry. Don't mind the temps its just that humidity that is not enjoyable in my opinion. Downside is the cloud associated with the weather off the atlantic, which i'm sure we are ALL sick of by now.

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Thankfully the push of humid conditions will only last a few days from mid week onwards then a return to atlantic influence.  

The most likely outcome but not certain just yet:pardon:http%3A%2F%2Fmodeles7.meteociel.fr%2Fmodeles%2Fgens%2Fruns%2F2016061900%2Fgens-3-1-120.png&key=9d3d0ebcc38b43ca84fdf0e90bc39c33a22dc54e4b5204ec1d1872d54ce77253

Edited by Matthew Wilson

Posted
6 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Prob near the mark that one,can see next weekend slightly fresher after friday but it may hang on longer this humid spell though not for long.

Posted

The sun is out! Nearly fainted from shock

Posted

Just seems basically impossible to have sun from dusk till dawk in the uk.. very rare indeed. a weather front just sits out to our west or east.. and never goes anywhere. just stays there. the winds have been light for a long time, so nothing is happening.the low keeps churning away day after day.. dont get me wrong its lovely and pleasent today.. just overcast again..

if we have a poor-ish summer this year.. In my opinion we will have one decent summer in 10 years. and that will be 2013.. I know some disagree that wasnt a great summer. But  i thought it was.. We have  had some good summer months in that time.. But over all very disappointing.. of course am not ruling out this years summer yet. But it seems to have a similar feeling to recent summers.

Posted
8 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

if we have a poor-ish summer this year.. In my opinion we will have one decent summer in 10 years. and that will be 2013.. 

Yes i agree 2013 was very good. A bit on the cool side in June but good sunshine amounts and very warm spells. A very consistent summer. From July this one has to be sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The coming week doesn't look too bad for most of us temps in the high teens / low 20's some showers around possibly thundery in the south if humidity increases

Next weekend sees a fairly typical June setup high pressure edging up to the south and low pressure to the north

474564.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36570961

It could be a lot worse that's for sure

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2