Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Excellent, that's the solstice out of the way, full steam ahead for Winter 16/17.

Anyone seen an LRF posted up yet? Is this year's snowfall thread going yet? Love those little pixels....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Sunny spells and 22C - a pleasant summer's day. If every day from now until September was like this I'd be very content.

Forecast looks pretty average. Highs from 19-23C, and lows below 10C completely absent. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Excellent, that's the solstice out of the way, full steam ahead for Winter 16/17.

Anyone seen an LRF posted up yet? Is this year's snowfall thread going yet? Love those little pixels....

You're out of your box far too early! Best to get a few cases of amitriptyline and come back in November. :)

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
37 minutes ago, cheese said:

Sunny spells and 22C - a pleasant summer's day. If every day from now until September was like this I'd be very content.

Forecast looks pretty average. Highs from 19-23C, and lows below 10C completely absent. 

Forecast for us looks like typical July or August weather; highs 20-27c, lows 12-18c, partly cloudy and dry every day apart from Thursday which will have thunderstorms.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like another scorching summer is on the way in central Europe. Looks very similar to 2015. 36C forecast for friday and saturday. Already in extreme drought and still two months to go. 20th consecutive above average summer, here we come. So sick of this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
21 minutes ago, daz_4 said:

Looks like another scorching summer is on the way in central Europe. Looks very similar to 2015. 36C forecast for friday and saturday. Already in extreme drought and still two months to go. 20th consecutive above average summer, here we come. So sick of this.

Ale aspoň máte vedra a slunko; tady v Anglii poslední 2 týdnu máme oblačno a bouřky, doufám že počasí se brzo oteplí.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, B87 said:

Forecast for us looks like typical July or August weather; highs 20-27c, lows 12-18c, partly cloudy and dry every day apart from Thursday which will have thunderstorms.

If that comes off it won't be too bad, 25-27C are very nice summer temps, not too hot. Hopefully plenty of sunshine to come which is most important.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, daz_4 said:

You wish for that in this country!? Extreme drought is terrible,not would i would wish for at all

Posted
2 hours ago, cheese said:

For some reason i nearly agree with you,pleasant enough work wise just,non work day like this ok to say the least. But OMG the pollen levels are crackers,its like having a mild cold but without the shivers,not nice. Drugs and sprays not even touched it, Summer i'm afraid is just to hard work for likes of me,i function better in the cold i'm afraid. Always have done.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

You wish for that in this country!? Extreme drought is terrible,not would i would wish for at all

Apologies,misread your post,it must be awful with regard to your location,it must be so hard to tolerate these conditions

Posted

Darnit, guess the potential nicer week went out the window, both today and yesterday which were meant to brighten up have shared less than 10 minutes of sunshine between them and tomorrow afternoon now looks wet.

Now only Thursday looks decent before another washout weekend of downpours.

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, markyo said:

the pollen levels are crackers

Yes ive really picked up on that since the wind changed direction on Sunday. I thought i was going to escape this year:bomb:

Posted
26 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Yes ive really picked up on that since the wind changed direction on Sunday. I thought i was going to escape this year:bomb:

Been a long time since i've seen it like this,been a few places and the cars are covered in the pollen,not nice at all i'm afraid,least the temps haven't been to high.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Finally some normal summer temperatures and sunshine levels, after the wet and cloudy rubbish we've had so far.

yxcGUGB.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

^Indeed, looking at the models the rest of June looks pretty warm and aside from some thundery downpours it looks fairly dry away from the north and west with a typical NW/SE split developing. This looks set to continue as we head into July.

• Like 1

Posted

Yup, I'm pleased with the outlook. No heat, sure, but pleasant weather nevertheless. 

Top temp was 23C here. Yorkshire was the UK 'hotspot' today - which isn't that uncommon really when we have our typical W/SW wind flow. Thank goodness the easterlies are gone - hopefully for good until November!

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Something ive noticed when watching beeb forecasts is whenever they do a US forecast they always use both *C and *F on the map yet never do they use *F elsewhere just the US.  Any reason for this? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36590921

Posted

^^ probably because in the US they use Fahrenheit. Nearly every other country in the world uses Celsius. 

Posted

Roll on autumn,least then I can stop bloody sneezing!

• Like 3

Wow what a letdown this week is for anyone outside the SE, heat/thunderstorms non-existent now for tomorrow outside the SE, just horrible cloudy nothingness, MOD thread has Frosty mainly posting away, thats a big hint the models aren't showing anything out of the ordinary. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
7 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Wow what a letdown this week is for anyone outside the SE, heat/thunderstorms non-existent now for tomorrow outside the SE, just horrible cloudy nothingness, MOD thread has Frosty mainly posting away, thats a big hint the models aren't showing anything out of the ordinary. :D

Its still 20c here in Darlington with some good sunny spells yesterday and today feeling warm to very warm in the sunshine

This is our best weather in a long time for sunshine and warmth no letdown here by any means

Posted
27 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Never expected heat here - just pleasant, average summer weather. Nice afternoon here - reached 23C with sunny spells. Loads of people out enjoying themselves. Perfect summer weather IMO.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Next week sees the Azores high pushing up to the southern half of UK sometimes moving away enough to allow some showers before moving back in

4364564.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36602438

I always find it slightly annoying when forecast say 'settled in the SE, unsettled in the NW' and then there's those of us who live in neither region who are left feeling confused as to what weather we should expect. :pardon:

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, cheese said:

I always find it slightly annoying when forecast say 'settled in the SE, unsettled in the NW' and then there's those of us who live in neither region who are left feeling confused as to what weather we should expect. :pardon:

Just look out of the window, cheese?:D