Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Will the Azores high move towards the UK next week? its possible

132142.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36646132

I wonder what the 'punishment' weather we will get for this?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm starting to give up hope on this summer - I was originally hoping that we'd seen signs of a turnaround come early July but things aren't looking good right now. 

The weather here never used to bother me, and indeed an average summer in the UK is okay for me - but the potential to get cool, wet summers really depresses me. I'm not sure if I want to tolerate it much longer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, cheese said:

I'm starting to give up hope on this summer - I was originally hoping that we'd seen signs of a turnaround come early July but things aren't looking good right now. 

The weather here never used to bother me, and indeed an average summer in the UK is okay for me - but the potential to get cool, wet summers really depresses me. I'm not sure if I want to tolerate it much longer.

Agree,the window for heat is closing if there isn't any sign of a change,still time but clock is ticking.

Posted

I agree on the sentiments about the weather being depressing..Seems the UK gets all the trash.. why cant  we just  get a gigantic high stuck over the uk that doesnt budge for weeks on end..

If it doesnt start of cloudy we start off with sunshine that turns into heavy late afternoon showers. and below termperatures..they are saying 16c/17c  for this locations.It wont even feel like that with the  gales this week..

I dont get it when people say the  jet stream is in the wrong plade.. Its not thats what happens in the summer in the UK..we very rarely end up on the right side of it.. Just wish we could end the of run of poor summers. Is that to much to ask??..

Posted
8 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

I agree on the sentiments about the weather being depressing..Seems the UK gets all the trash.. why cant  we just  get a gigantic high stuck over the uk that doesnt budge for weeks on end..

If it doesnt start of cloudy we start off with sunshine that turns into heavy late afternoon showers. and below termperatures..they are saying 16c/17c  for this locations.It wont even feel like that with the  gales this week..

I dont get it when people say the  jet stream is in the wrong plade.. Its not thats what happens in the summer in the UK..we very rarely end up on the right side of it.. Just wish we could end the of run of poor summers. Is that to much to ask??..

We get gigantic hp but often comes at the wrong time. Last week of september/october 2015 we had a near record breaking 1038mb

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

We get gigantic hp but often comes at the wrong time. Last week of september/october 2015 we had a near record breaking 1038mb

Yeah i remember Autumn last year was better than the Summer. Would be nice if we could get a good july and august followed by a similar autumn to last year.. just some prolonged nice spell of weather.. How the hell do we get gales.. thats what the weather is going to be like this evening and tomorrow..in the final few days of June..

Posted
38 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Yeah i remember Autumn last year was better than the Summer. Would be nice if we could get a good july and august followed by a similar autumn to last year.. just some prolonged nice spell of weather.. How the hell do we get gales.. thats what the weather is going to be like this evening and tomorrow..in the final few days of June..

Do you remember some of the colours of the leaves, incredible reds, oranges and so on. A real indian summer! It seems to me in the summer period the strength of the sun over the cool north atlantic is giving rise to more Lp and greater cloud amounts in general.Add climate change to the equation and that can only mean 1 thing. Mere speculation though.

Edited by Matthew Wilson

Posted
9 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Do you remember some of the colours of the leaves, incredible reds, oranges and so on. A real indian summer! It seems to me in the summer period the strength of the sun over the cool north atlantic is giving rise to more Lp and greater cloud amounts in general.Add climate change to the equation and that can only mean 1 thing. Mere speculation though.

I dunno about that..Looking at some reel of film from the late 50s... The weather forecasters when we got wet summers often mentioned the jet stream then.. We are north west facing the atlantic..Ocne the altantic stirs very difficult to get  long spells  dry warm weather.

Posted
3 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

I dunno about that..Looking at some reel of film from the late 50s... The weather forecasters when we got wet summers often mentioned the jet stream then.. We are north west facing the atlantic..Ocne the altantic stirs very difficult to get  long spells  dry warm weather.

Yes the 60's werent great either. The thing is the jet isnt all that strong at the moment but Lp from iceland is falling off a cliff onto the Uk instead off running away Ne.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
On 26/06/2016 at 00:18, Lake District Blizzards said:

just hit 150 hours of sun for the month here. Its been a very decent month overall despite a disappointing end in store to come. 

surprised if not amused to see places in southern england on 70 hours of sun. 

must be your dullest on record?

96.7 hrs here up to the end of yesterday. That's well below average but a lot more than June 2012 which managed 63.7 hrs all month.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

And 40 years ago we were witnessing the hottest Summer on record, 1976.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Polar Maritime said:

And 40 years ago we were witnessing the hottest Summer on record, 1976.

well i wasn't

Posted

Starting to get that sinking feeling now as well.

Absolutely pathetic - been off work for 3 weeks and i can count on one finger the amount of nice days i have seen.

I dont know whats worse, watching the English football team or the english weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I've enjoyed the lack of unnecessary and uncomfortable heat, but a run of a few dry days wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
4 minutes ago, 40*C said:

is there a site anywhere where I can view old charts/daytime maxes from Summer 1976?

You can view the archive charts here (pressure and 850's) http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsreaeur.html

On this day in 76

Rrea00119760628.gifRrea00219760628.gif

Posted
15 minutes ago, 40*C said:

is there a site anywhere where I can view old charts/daytime maxes from Summer 1976?

There is a French site with a few of the UK stations on it - I've set it for today's date in 1976 - just change to whatever you want in the drop-down menu.

http://www.infoclimat.fr/cartes/observations-meteo/archives/temperature-maximale-journaliere/28/juin/1976/17h/france.html

28-tx-eu.png?v5.2r812

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I should consider moving to Germany before our borders close.. lol. At least then I'll get to experience proper weather. So fed up of living here.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
54 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Not to worry summer is coming back next week

I think there should be a ban on linking anything to Exacta Weather. And the Express for that matter.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

I think there should be a ban on linking anything to Exacta Weather. And the Express for that matter.

Exacta are complete rubbish, they haven't taken a blind bit of notice of the met office, no heatwave next week, maybe later in July and exacta forecast the coldest, snowiest winter imaginable, actually they do every winter..lol..and it was one of the mildest since records began..I rest my case:D