Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Still wondering if our summers have changed? like our winters have, but not so convinced about summers, no real hot spell in Aug since '03, 

too early to tell, maybe but who knows, are we now in the modern summer, low pressure all the time

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
11 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Still wondering if our summers have changed? like our winters have, but not so convinced about summers, no real hot spell in Aug since '03, 

too early to tell, maybe but who knows, are we now in the modern summer, low pressure all the time

Something has dramatically changed !

Winter = ZERO northern blocking

Summer = MASSIVE northern blocking

Yes there will be exceptions but for me the above is about right, and its utterly depressing..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
17 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes there will be exceptions but for me the above is about right, and its utterly depressing..

I feel like and am sure sound like a broken record,our climate has changed and will continue to and until everybody realises this and accepts it then we have a problem in my opinion.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

you got that from LW252!? obviously fully agree, especially winter, but didn't you used to disagree with me?

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

you got that from LW252!? obviously fully agree, especially winter, but didn't you used to disagree with me?

I'm coming round to your way of thinking!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Not a great deal of change into July once the unsettled weather arrives next week the start of July will feel "quite cool" at times though not feeling too bad in any sunshine

5745445.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36627302?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_weather&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very disappointing charts for the next week or two to say the least! I assume that August will be hot and sunny, of course....:rofl:

Posted
On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 21:29, weatherguru14 said:

To be fait its not been bad since monday mornings rain here.. The odd shower yesterday.. But alot of sunshine..and felt  warm enough. Lets hope the weather doesnt go down hill from here on in :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Can fully understand how people must be fed up with this weather,july looks dead as far as any lasting heat(not complaining),august may spring a surprise but to far out yet even to really say. The loss of our seasons is a sad demise which won't help many at this time.

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Very disappointing charts for the next week or two to say the least! I assume that August will be hot and sunny, of course....:rofl:

Always got September as well we've even managed 30c right at the end of that month of a few occasions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Always got September as well we've even managed 30c right at the end of that month of a few occasions

Pffftt if we have to wait until autumn for our first hot spell, not interested, Sept the night's are drawing in and leaves are dying. And then we have winter to look forward to with knocker and his red crayon and toasty charts, daffodils blooming in December etc, jokes about turning down the thermostat in the woodshed...can't bl**dy wait!:whistling:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Frosty. said:

Pffftt if we have to wait until autumn for our first hot spell, not interested, Sept the night's are drawing in and leaves are dying. And then we have winter to look forward to with knocker and his red crayon and toasty charts, daffodils blooming in December etc, jokes about turning down the thermostat in the woodshed...can't bl**dy wait!:whistling:

The Met office update offers some hope as we move through July

GFS around the time the met office start and hint at improvements

gfs-0-324.png?6gfs-0-348.png?6gfs-0-372.png?6

Posted
7 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

yeah sadly Frosty, sure signs of the m/e, love your positive posts all year round though Frosty in MOD

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yeah sadly Frosty, sure signs of the m/e, love your positive posts all year round though Frosty in MOD

Thanks for saying that, I get some criticism so it's nice to know someone thinks I'm doing ok:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Diabolical summer forecast; below average temperatures and sunshine, and generally unsettled rubbish.

ygqJdkz.png

• Like 1

Posted

below average??? the average for london in july is just below 23C  looking at that table looks pretty normal . .. because you get hot spells now and then,.. doesnt mean you  get  28c every day..

so far the western side of the UK as  had a way much better summer than the south east...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
43 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

below average??? the average for london in july is just below 23C  looking at that table looks pretty normal . .. because you get hot spells now and then,.. doesnt mean you  get  28c every day..

so far the western side of the UK as  had a way much better summer than the south east...

Yes certainly below average for London. Nothing above 22C on that chart and that's only for a day or two. Dreadful to be honest! Obviously we don't get 28C here every day in summer (I wish) but weeks of dark clouds and 18C are not normal either and that's basically summed up this ghastly month.  And it's going to get windy to top it off, ugh. 

Plenty of summer to go though so am hopeful of a return to some sunshine and warmth here soon. In the meantime, I'm off to Spain tomorrow. Can't wait!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
41 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

I think it's supposed to be 17c in London on Tuesday which is a bit crap:closedeyes:

Posted
21 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes certainly below average for London. Nothing above 22C on that chart and that's only for a day or two. Dreadful to be honest! Obviously we don't get 28C here every day in summer (I wish) but weeks of dark clouds and 18C are not normal either and that's basically summed up this ghastly month.  And it's going to get windy to top it off, ugh. 

Plenty of summer to go though so am hopeful of a return to some sunshine and warmth here soon. In the meantime, I'm off to Spain tomorrow. Can't wait!

I get that. But  the person posted a table and it looks about average over all.. They make it appear London is the hottest city on earth.. the average for London in July is 23c.. Its not 27C.. no one in the UK is having a  hot summer..

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I think it's supposed to be 17c in London on Tuesday which is a bit crap:closedeyes:

And someone posted 12c for Manchester for the first day of July, the average for manchester is 21c for July.. i dont see them posting tables and being disappointed.. when 12c is almost half of what it should be.. should be and being is 2 different things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

How is posting a poor summer forecast and moaning about it claiming that London is the hottest city on earth? London is the warmest city in the UK for most of the year, so when the west is having a decent summer it is annoying that we are having below average temps and record cloudiness.

The average high in London in July is 23.5c, which means 26-27c is as common as 20-21c. Most July days are between 22-25c, with a couple of days below 20c and a couple of days around 30c.

I wouldn't be complaining if we actually had average conditions, but the summers of the past 10 years have mostly seen below normal temperatures, and all have seen below average sunshine. We have seen the 2 cloudiest Junes (2012, 2016) and Augusts (2008, 2010) on record in the last decade.

A normal summer day is 23-24c highs, partly cloudy and dry.

Edited by B87

Posted
2 hours ago, Frosty. said:

yes and that will feel cold, if windy and cloudy at Wimbledon, would feel warmer in Dec at 15C, least the wind'll be warm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Certainly when I was younger working on the farm a typical time to start haymaking was the 3rd week of June,there were not many times from the mid 70s to the early noughties that we could not start,it seems a distant memory these days with a handful of times going into September these days which was very rare in years gone by.Am not talking about the grass you cut  and put in bags the next day but hay which is cut and has to be dry for 3/4 days and baled in sunshine.We just don't get lengthy spells anymore !

Posted
2 hours ago, B87 said:

How is posting a poor summer forecast and moaning about it claiming that London is the hottest city on earth? London is the warmest city in the UK for most of the year, so when the west is having a decent summer it is annoying that we are having below average temps and record cloudiness.

The average high in London in July is 23.5c, which means 26-27c is as common as 20-21c. Most July days are between 22-25c, with a couple of days below 20c and a couple of days around 30c.

I wouldn't be complaining if we actually had average conditions, but the summers of the past 10 years have mostly seen below normal temperatures, and all have seen below average sunshine. We have seen the 2 cloudiest Junes (2012, 2016) and Augusts (2008, 2010) on record in the last decade.

A normal summer day is 23-24c highs, partly cloudy and dry.

so the last 10 years have been below.. the previous 10 years have been above.am guessing. which one of them is correct??? let me guess the warmer  decade is the correct one..I think people tend to exgerate their location for weather.. London being one of it.Even  the bbc always add an extra degree or 2 their forecast for London.. Even though most of time other parts of the Uk as seen higher temperatures.