Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

Your idea of heaven is to many pure hell!!

haha I know I know, different strokes for different folks and all that.

However, the weather we're experiencing at the moment is my personal idea of pure hell. Cool, breezy, grey and Autumnal

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

July 01st 2014 was the last opening day of July that was good weather and pleasant. Last year, although lovely and hot, turned hazy and cloudy here. June 30th on the other hand was summer perfection!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

haha I know I know, different strokes for different folks and all that.

However, the weather we're experiencing at the moment is my personal idea of pure hell. Cool, breezy, grey and Autumnal

Fully understand! For me this isn't cool,shorts weather more like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

We're gonna need to see a big change in the models very quickly for this to happen....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
37 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I much prefer this year's 1st July! Last year was revolting. 

I very much agree with you, just thought it was a contrast worth pointing out!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

We're gonna need to see a big change in the models very quickly for this to happen....

I find it quite amusing. You expect the odd day to be warm as we head further  into July.. Stuff like this is just play on words.They exgerate the amount of decent weather we will get in the UK.

I wouldnt expect a long summer spell to occur this year.. I could be wrong I hope am wrong..Just fed up of the nonsense  thats gets printed. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
25 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

I very much agree with you, just thought it was a contrast worth pointing out!

I had banished it from my memory :(

And regarding Exacta Weather - a personal plea to stop posting links to them or anything to do with James Madden. The more we ignore them the better chance they'll go away. For anyone who is new to the whole weather forecasting thing, they are frauds and charlatans who attempt to rip people off.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

July 01st and the delay in seasons continues, we still seem to be running a couple of months behind - autumn synoptics in winter, winter synoptics in spring, and now spring synoptics in summer. Maybe we'll get June weather turning up in August/September. I keep my fingers crossed because, bar May 26th-June 09th, it has been a pretty dire start to summer here!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

'Exaggerate Weather' would be more apt for them. 

Posted

One thing's for sure it ain't going to be 36/37 anywhere in the UK today unlike last year :rofl: Personally, I'm loving this cool spell. Not a great fan of major heat infact the cooler the better. Long may this continue

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

On this day last year it reached 33C in Leeds. To my surprise, it wasn't too bad - definitely hot, but not unbearable. Even on the bus it didn't feel too stifling. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
4 minutes ago, NUT said:

One thing's for sure it ain't going to be 36/37 anywhere in the UK today unlike last year :rofl: Personally, I'm loving this cool spell. Not a great fan of major heat infact the cooler the better. Long may this continue

I would agree, but I don't like constantly unsettled weather. A good settled spell with average temperatures would be lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

I know it isn't going to happen, but....................................f only they could be right for a change ! Really fed up with the strong cool breezes, grey skies and drizzle :( It's been a bad few weeks for people who get SAD. I can't ever remember having winter depression in summer before now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
22 minutes ago, interested & confused said:

I know it isn't going to happen, but....................................f only they could be right for a change ! Really fed up with the strong cool breezes, grey skies and drizzle :( It's been a bad few weeks for people who get SAD. I can't ever remember having winter depression in summer before now..

useless, they are, in winter too

Posted

Moaning aside.. Out weather is quite interesting.. Looking at the sky outside my window.. Half  the sky is blue with fluffy white clouds..  and to the west.. the most vengeful dark black sky you could ever imagine.. The weather seems to be umable to make up its mind what to do :)

Posted

As you were....

Wet Spring will Limit Magnitude of Heat Across Mainland

Andover, MA, — For the aggregate July-September period, The Weather Company, an IBM Business is forecasting below-normal temperatures across the UK and western mainland Europe, with above-normal temperatures across most of southern and eastern Europe.

“The first half of June ran counter to our aggregate summer expectations, but the recent pattern flip seems to align better with the outlook,” said Dr. Todd Crawford, Chief Meteorologist, The Weather Company. “We feel that the expected summer pattern will become more locked in as the summer progresses, with cooler weather confined to parts of western Europe and hot summer weather becoming prevalent across southern and eastern Europe. However, the very wet late winter and spring suggests that magnitude of the warmth will not be particularly impressive, with the potential exception of parts of Scandinavia and northwestern Russia”

For the July to September 2016 time period, The Weather Company is forecasting the following conditions:

July:

Nordic Region*- Warmer than normal

UK* - Cooler than normal

Northern Mainland* - Cooler than normal

Southern Mainland* - Warmer than normal

August:

Nordic Region – Cooler than normal west, warmer than normal east

UK - Cooler than normal

Northern Mainland - Cooler than normal west, warmer than normal east

Southern Mainland - Warmer than normal

September:

Nordic Region – Cooler than normal south, warmer than normal north

UK – Cooler than normal

Northern Mainland - Cooler than normal

Southern Mainland - Warmer than normal

seasonal_wsi_forecast.temp.month1-3.EUR_

https://business.weather.com/news/the-weather-company-return-of-cool-west-warm-east-european-pattern-for-late-summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

:cray:

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

What's happened to that heatwave exacta weather were forecasting this week?Lol.

This summer is going pear shaped as the met office signal for a pattern change to summery weather by mid / late July has now been dropped so even though it's only July 1st, it looks like another poor month ahead to join the poor June..not good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Followed by november, December, January and February warmer than normal..   :whistling:

Posted
9 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

This summer is going pear shaped as the met office signal for a pattern change to summery weather by mid / late July has now been dropped so even though it's only July 1st, it looks like another poor month ahead to join the poor June..not good.

The met office just bullsuper duper their way through it. they say everything possible in their long range forecast other than use the world "unsettled".

Posted
25 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Bit like when they forecast the coldest winter in x amount of years the opposite happens

Posted

1st July last year was disgusting for me but for different reasons.

1st July this year is just adding insult to injury.