Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Actually feels warm today even though it's only 21c. Normal sunshine amounts have returned and have helped, since the record cloudy June.

Looks like an average week ahead (not sure where all this talk of 'very warm' conditions is coming from), before it goes downhill again next week.

Posted

Cant complain with todays weather.. yesterday wasnt to bad either.. so 2 days out of 4 at the start of July have been acceptable.. lets hope the break down at the end of the week aint as bad has is  appears.. If we can manage to get away witha decent first half of July.. The second half maybe  warmer..

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I'm getting turf layed tomorrow, can guaranteee a prolonged heatwave in the south east as a result :)

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Hey well spoke to soon got cloudy now and showers will probably be on the way,. seems impossible to get  any settled weather this summer.. Think am giving up summer 2016 :fool:

Always a good chance for 2017.  I'd be happy with average temps at the moment, but apart from a few days later this week even that seems impossible.

The first 3 days of July here have seen temps of 19.9c, 20.6c, 21.7c. 

Edited by B87

Posted
11 minutes ago, B87 said:

Always a good chance for 2017.  I'd be happy with average temps at the moment, but apart from a few days later this week even that seems impossible.

The first 3 days of July here have seen temps of 19.9c, 20.6c, 21.7c. 

roll on 2017 :D only  another 11 months to go untill June..What i remember growing up when we had good summers..thin low cloud that use to come in over night from the east. only to burn back to the coast by 8:30 in the morning to leave a lovely summers day ahead. and that went on for days at a time.. now its just sunshine first thing then cloud leading to showers in the afternoon.seems to be have been like that for years..

Posted
18 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

roll on 2017 :D only  another 11 months to go untill June..What i remember growing up when we had good summers..thin low cloud that use to come in over night from the east. only to burn back to the coast by 8:30 in the morning to leave a lovely summers day ahead. and that went on for days at a time.. now its just sunshine first thing then cloud leading to showers in the afternoon.seems to be have been like that for years..

Our summer months have gone rapidly downhill, starting in August 2006.  I believe only 6 of the last 31 summer months have recorded average or above average sunshine!

The jet stream out of position seems to be an unfortunately reliable feature since 2007, hopefully it's just a blip like the summers of the 1960s (though even they were sunnier than the past decade).

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, B87 said:

Our summer months have gone rapidly downhill, starting in August 2006.  I believe only 6 of the last 31 summer months have recorded average or above average sunshine!

The jet stream out of position seems to be an unfortunately reliable feature since 2007, hopefully it's just a blip like the summers of the 1960s (though even they were sunnier than the past decade).

i dont think its a blip, we will have naff summers until the cold blob in the atlantic does one  if it ever does,  could it be the cold blob creating a steeper temp gradient , therefore egging on the jet stream , if so , welcome to the modern summer,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I don't think I can remember a cloudier start to a summer than this. Yesterday was a nice break from the cloud but today it's back to cloud and occasional drizzle. Doesn't feel that pleasant either.

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted

July is going to be well below average here looking at the forecast temperatures unless there is an extreme heatwave later on in the month

14c 14c 16c so far then 16c / 17c forecast this week. still 3c below average for here. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lake District Blizzards said:

July is going to be well below average here looking at the forecast temperatures unless there is an extreme heatwave later on in the month

14c 14c 16c so far then 16c / 17c forecast this week. still 3c below average for here. 

I thought our forecast was bad! It's average here this week...

22c 22c 23c 24c 23c 23c 22c

Next week takes a nosedive back to unsettled 18-21c September rubbish.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Lots of heat across Spain lately, could this evolve into something more? All we need now is a good Southernly and we get some very humid and high temperatures and some nice thunderstorms. The beeb and MO seem confident in something humid this month. Seems everywhere in Europe will be basking in heatwaves this summer all apart from UK which is quite pathetic

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 hours ago, B87 said:

18c is what the temp usually is at midnight on a normal summer day.

There is nothing oppressive about it at all.

Did i ever use the word oppressive?? I suggest you read post's correctly,i said uncomfortable in my opinion. Can i just point you to any media broadcast weather forecast that show's 18c min night temps,every single one will report uncomfortable/humid for sleeping,that is not my opinion,that is a fact. Everybody has a different feel for the weather,nobodies idea of how it feels is correct,we are all different,take that into mind.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Did i ever use the word oppressive?? I suggest you read post's correctly,i said uncomfortable in my opinion. Can i just point you to any media broadcast weather forecast that show's 18c min night temps,every single one will report uncomfortable/humid for sleeping,that is not my opinion,that is a fact. Everybody has a different feel for the weather,nobodies idea of how it feels is correct,we are all different,take that into mind.

You didn't say the low originally, you said the temp at midnight. Our average low is 14c, and that is recorded around 5am. A low of 18c is  warm but not uncomfortable, but it's not the same thing as having a midnight temp of 18 (which is most summer days).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Am getting rather fed up of this awful 'summer'. So much cloud! Suppressed temperatures, constant troughing sat over the UK, it is really getting boring now. I'm keeping fingers firmly crossed for a hot August! :rofl: 

Posted
31 minutes ago, B87 said:

You didn't say the low originally, you said the temp at midnight. Our average low is 14c, and that is recorded around 5am. A low of 18c is  warm but not uncomfortable, but it's not the same thing as having a midnight temp of 18 (which is most summer days).

Fair point,agree the min temp in summer occurs around 5am,your location is very different to where i am,18c midnight temps are certainly not most summer days,very far from it. A 18c 5am in my opinion is not enjoyable at all,in the uk that would mean heavy cloud and humidity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

gfs-0-192.png?12

Summer in the UK takes the jaffa cakes! wet for my location with showers streaming from Cheshire Gap, feeling cold with wind and rain

Posted

Lovely...if its not raining we get back the "cool" northtwesterlys..Seems basically impossible to get one ONE summers day that is warm and sunny and lasts all day..The first week and half of June was very good. I thought here we go a summer of heatwaves... Since then its been absolute crap.

• Like 1

Posted
On 6/6/2016 at 08:39, Azazel said:

well, despite the fact this week is shaping up to follow last years trend of nice weather during the working week, not so nice by the weekend, i've already cracked my three-quarter length shorts out THREE times this year.

Thats how i judge a summer; How many times can i get away with wearing shorts.

Last summer it was warm enough ONCE on a weekend to wear them and actually i'm pretty sure it was September 1st so doesn't even count.

In conclusion, this summer is already better than last for warmth, whatever happens now.

I've found the reason why this summer is so vile. Sorry everyone:(

Even in my deepest, darkest nightmares I couldn't have predicted how disgusting it would turn out to be and I'm really struggling now.

I've not suffered with SAD during the summer months before but here we are, this winter is truly going to be a struggle of epic proportions.

I'm officially going on record and saying that this summer is the worst I can ever recall in my lifetime.

Posted
59 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I've found the reason why this summer is so vile. Sorry everyone:(

Even in my deepest, darkest nightmares I couldn't have predicted how disgusting it would turn out to be and I'm really struggling now.

I've not suffered with SAD during the summer months before but here we are, this winter is truly going to be a struggle of epic proportions.

I'm officially going on record and saying that this summer is the worst I can ever recall in my lifetime.

Feel really sorry for you,it must be awful to suffer like that. I'm much the opposite,dislike strong sunshine,tend to keep in the shade as much as possible but even I hope that glimmer of hope grows stronger over the next few days,sounds like you need it.

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, markyo said:

Feel really sorry for you,it must be awful to suffer like that. I'm much the opposite,dislike strong sunshine,tend to keep in the shade as much as possible but even I hope that glimmer of hope grows stronger over the next few days,sounds like you need it.

Appreciate that mate:)

i appreciate we are all different and some people prefer cooler/fresher conditions as opposed to heat, but i think we can all agree, just a little bit of sunshine would be nice. It's been so relentlessly grey this summer:(

I don't like the cold particularly, but i can completely appreciate how frustrated cold-lovers must get during our absolutely vile winter months.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Appreciate that mate:)

i appreciate we are all different and some people prefer cooler/fresher conditions as opposed to heat, but i think we can all agree, just a little bit of sunshine would be nice. It's been so relentlessly grey this summer:(

I don't like the cold particularly, but i can completely appreciate how frustrated cold-lovers must get during our absolutely vile winter months.

I'd be happy if we could just have average temperatures and sunshine hours for once.  It's been so cloudy and wet recently that the grass is still lush green, rather than the yellow/brown it usually is at this time of year. It doesn't really feel like summer - more like September or early October.

Today's forecast high of 21c will be the 11th day in a row with below average temperatures!

Edited by B87

Posted

High summer is roaring along in my well shaded garden. Amongst it all are the harbingers of Autumn if you know where to look: Holly bushes dripping with green berries, hazel nuts are slowly forming, conker candles have given way to little prickly buds, cotoneaster bushes are showing a record crop, brambles (blackberries) are in flower and tiny, marble sized apples are everywhere. 

Cherries are already out and being eagerly consumed, damsons aren't too far behind them. Nearly autumn.........:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Just now, Turnedoutniceagain said:

High summer is roaring along in my well shaded garden. Amongst it all are the harbingers of Autumn if you know where to look: Holly bushes dripping with green berries, hazel nuts are slowly forming, conker candles have given way to little prickly buds, cotoneaster bushes are showing a record crop, brambles (blackberries) are in flower and tiny, marble sized apples are everywhere. 

Cherries are already out and being eagerly consumed, damsons aren't too far behind them. Nearly autumn.........:yahoo:

Don't cherries come out at this time of year anyway? For what it's worth, they're not out yet down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
On 7/4/2016 at 09:20, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I know you were, I am a firm believer, nobody knows what's causing it, but low pressure has become more frequent, as has Atlantic air/stronger jet, high pressure less frequent in winters since approx 2000

For winters, it started well before 2000. 90s were largely rubbish for snow, 1995 and 1991 stand out but that's about it for me. 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2012-2013 were better than any 90s winters for my back yard.

For summers, it started after 2006. 

Edited by cheese