Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Thanks :) no expert on the dew points... The wind direction plays a big part in it.. Last summer  we had a fairy dry summer.. that was probably due to a high that sat out to our west but never got close enough. so   very cold North westerlys circled around it.. They were very strong aswell.. The south east possibly had a better time of it. due to being closer to the continent and  getting the odd warm spell..

This year we started off in June with a easterly and for the western side of the UK. we had  a very good  start for the first week and half..And now the winds are from a west/southwesterly direction..so not really a cold direction..Unfortuantly  the atlantic is not a settled weather patern  though..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After an ok-ish day yesterday, today has reverted to late September with howling winds and loads of cloud. When is this going to end? I'm beginning to feel robbed of a season lol! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Nicely cooled off today,much need breeze makes it so much better! Spent 3hrs in airless room,no vent at all came out to the lovely fresh wind,lovely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A very good, first 8 days to July, here. If it can't manage anything warmer, then I'll settle for this.

Posted

Oh why do the southwesterlies have to come back just in time for high summer.. I've bemoaned their presence many a time, but they really do mean miserable conditions in this part of the country, moist and damp leaden, humid to boot, they ruin a summer holiday, producing copious low level cloud blanketing the lowest hills, and either rain or just drizzly muck. The upcoming weekend looks very poor for here, we can't afford such weekend from here on in, this is a pivotal time for the tourist industry. Conditions are holding true to form here, i.e. spring and early summer producing our best conditions.. same old story.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
21 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Oh why do the southwesterlies have to come back just in time for high summer.. I've bemoaned their presence many a time, but they really do mean miserable conditions in this part of the country, moist and damp leaden, humid to boot, they ruin a summer holiday, producing copious low level cloud blanketing the lowest hills, and either rain or just drizzly muck. The upcoming weekend looks very poor for here, we can't afford such weekend from here on in, this is a pivotal time for the tourist industry. Conditions are holding true to form here, i.e. spring and early summer producing our best conditions.. same old story.

On the flip side,a good chance of some decent sunny spells down here in the south east with temperatures possibly hitting the mid-twenties so a good weekend for resorts around the East Anglian coastline which is different to June where conditions were either dull with north easterly winds or mixed/unsettled. 

Hopefully we will see a more anticyclonic period later in the summer that could deliver for all, maybe next weekend could offer something better, but that is too far away at the moment.

Posted
19 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Must be very hard for you in that location,fully understand your frustration,many in the the south and especially in the south east won't understand how much this type of weather effects your industry,moist damp air is no fun coupled with the low cloud and the crap associated with it is no way a summer,fingers crossed August proves better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Temperatures overnight Saturday and into Sunday might not drop much below 16c or 17c for large parts of England a muggy and humid night looks a good bet

Posted

That glimmer may be getting a bit closer this morning for the warmth lovers,little far out yet to be sure by any means but there is something there,next 48hrs should make it much clearer. 

Posted

bbc week ahead forcast very depressing , more of the same, even next weekend,  they are not even giving the slightest hint at this so called summer weather forcast on some of the models, next weekend has the jet right over us , with low after low after low 

Edited by IanR

Posted
2 minutes ago, IanR said:

bbc week ahead forcast very depressing , more of the same, even next weekend,  they are not even giving the slightest hint at this so called summer weather forcast on some of the models, next weekend has the jet right over us , with low after low after low 

Don't just listen to the BBC,read what the guy's on here are saying,in my opinion they give a much more informative view beyond the 5 day scope covered by the media. Especially guy's like knocker, frosty, john Holmes who spend so much time pouring over the model outputs their views should in my opinion always be taken seriously. They know what they are talking about.

Posted
26 minutes ago, IanR said:

bbc week ahead forcast very depressing , more of the same, even next weekend,  they are not even giving the slightest hint at this so called summer weather forecast on some of the models, next weekend has the jet right over us , with low after low after low 

The models have picked up on settled spells before the beeb and met office have in the past wether we do get something warmer and more settled later next week remains 50/50 but its certainly possible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Could do with a drop of rain here, the soil is very dry & dusty and my water butt is empty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
29 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

23c at Heathrow a short time ago 26c or 27c is possible later this afternoon

Um?! Really?! Seems very high to me.

Posted

A typical Summer day on Dartmoor...

dartcam.jpg?time=1468061604

Posted
36 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

perhaps looking at the actual weather reports rather than your estimation William might be a better idea?

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted
12 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

perhaps looking at the actual weather reports rather than your estimation William might be a better idea?

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

I was looking at the recent observations, but couldn't see it reachings the high 20's later, what's your problem?

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
52 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

24c is the current high at London City Airport

26c or 27c certainly seems possible

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

24c is the current high at London City Airport

26c or 27c certainly seems possible

Yeah, I've seen, I was just looking at the forecast for Heathrow and it only suggested 21°C.

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpsvg2yz

and BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647216

both show 23C, maybe you looked at an early morning issue as they may change things, not sure about that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well I'm sat at Heathrow waiting for my nephew to arrive from Paris, can confirm it's completely overcast, wind is howling worse than yesterday and the temperature is dropping (currently a measly 22C). In a word: crap!

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well I'm sat at Heathrow waiting for my nephew to arrive from Paris, can confirm it's completely overcast, wind is howling worse than yesterday and the temperature is dropping (currently a measly 22C). In a word: crap!

Overcast yes,22c measly may be but not that bad,howling wind er no,breezy yes,think you'll find howling wind is something a tad different!

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

Overcast yes,22c measly may be but not that bad,howling wind er no,breezy yes,think you'll find howling wind is something a tad different!

Sorry don't agree, it's really not great. It has been consistently below average for nearly 4 weeks now with sunshine levels very disappointing. The wind is also very gusty for this time of year. Like I said: crap!

• Like 1