Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
16 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Think you mean 2009 and 2010. Both junes were great, 2009 being the thunderier one and 2010 very dry. Sadly 2011 was just a continuation of May, pretty unsettled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The weekend prospects downgrading with every run, ugh. Enough already, it's just depressing.

Posted

Not great here today very cloudy and looking like rain for the next 3/4 days.. warm temps but pointless when its raining...We can;t even get 2/3 days of sunshine ina row.. This is disgusting.. Am fed up to the back teeth of our climate.. I dont expect  summer after summer with record heat and hours or sunshine. But one decent summer now and then. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?.

You can almost guarantee come Septmeber the pressure charts will be marvelous.. we just cant  get them  in the correct months of the year..

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

Not great here today very cloudy and looking like rain for the next 3/4 days.. warm temps but pointless when its raining...We can;t even get 2/3 days of sunshine ina row.. This is disgusting.. Am fed up to the back teeth of our climate.. I dont expect  summer after summer with record heat and hours or sunshine. But one decent summer now and then. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?.

You can almost guarantee come Septmeber the pressure charts will be marvelous.. we just cant  get them  in the correct months of the year..

We get no sun in the summer and most likely no snow in the winter, its all very boring to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Another chilly cloudfest today.  I look forward to the day this endless overcast eventually lifts.

Posted

the bbc week ahead forcast mentioned the jet stream is to blame, with synoptics upsteam in the states not helping , then the contrast of temps in the atlantic exciting  the jet even more,   seems to me. and am no expert , but that cool north atlantic is the root blame for our run of poor summers  , although i respect, there are more complex reasons  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Not a nice day at all,felt very humid at times heavy cloud,shocking to be honest. Even though i dislike summer,really hoping for a bit of sun and the freshness to return.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
25 minutes ago, markyo said:

Not a nice day at all,felt very humid at times heavy cloud,shocking to be honest. Even though i dislike summer,really hoping for a bit of sun and the freshness to return.

What you call 'freshness', I call chilly. Summer should be humid. If there is any chill to the skin in a breeze, then it isn't warm enough.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Starting to look ominous now for July and with no very good Augusts for 13 years I can see why some are writing this summer off.We have had a shocking run with only 2 very good summer months out of the last 30 and two very poor summers[08 and 12] of which I have not experienced.Does anyone know what weather was like in the 60's which had 10 years without anything spectacular,it is ok looking at statistics but they only really give you an idea? Looks like am going to have to think about a holiday abroad next year,it really is starting to get depressive now !

Posted
2 hours ago, snowtimenow said:

We get no sun in the summer and most likely no snow in the winter, its all very boring to be honest.

Yeah thats exactly it.  just   a nonsense fest. Autumn seems  to be the only reliable weather these days!.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, B87 said:

What you call 'freshness', I call chilly. Summer should be humid. If there is any chill to the skin in a breeze, then it isn't warm enough.

Everybody to their own preference,summer in my opinion should be a mixture and to say it should be humid is a little one sided to be honest,many many people hate humid weather but love summer with all it brings

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

Starting to look ominous now for July and with no very good Augusts for 13 years I can see why some are writing this summer off.We have had a shocking run with only 2 very good summer months out of the last 30 and two very poor summers[08 and 12] of which I have not experienced.Does anyone know what weather was like in the 60's which had 10 years without anything spectacular,it is ok looking at statistics but they only really give you an idea? Looks like am going to have to think about a holiday abroad next year,it really is starting to get depressive now !

I lived through the Sixties (I was a teenager), the summers here on the Wirral were typically mixed.  However I remember 1962 and '63 were awful, basically same as we have experienced this past four or five years.  Of course That Winter was the filling of that unpleasant sandwich.  Summer 1959 was a scorcher and we had to wait until 1975 for the next hot one, followed by the record summer of '76. For some reason (possibly subconscious - I was only 12 at the time) I won't holiday in the Lake District -  the appalling summer of '62 put me off the area for life.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Hopefully there's still time, maybe August to see this, a block of HP. If only:pardon:

image.png

We're well over due a good August maybe this year will deliver???

Still the hottest month (stats wise) of summer to come yet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
9 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

I lived through the Sixties (I was a teenager), the summers here on the Wirral were typically mixed.  However I remember 1962 and '63 were awful, basically same as we have experienced this past four or five years.  Of course That Winter was the filling of that unpleasant sandwich.  Summer 1959 was a scorcher and we had to wait until 1975 for the next hot one, followed by the record summer of '76. For some reason (possibly subconscious - I was only 12 at the time) I won't holiday in the Lake District -  the appalling summer of '62 put me off the area for life.

Not sure why but I had 1970 down as a good summer but as you say it looks more like 15 years after 1959 without a hot one,i hope we don't have to wait that long this time,that makes it 2019 !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
29 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

yes, it does tend to be the warmest month, although lacking hot spells since '03, Sept normally 2nd warmest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Bit of everything next week as we alternate between high pressure then wet and windy weather than high pressure again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36728842?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_weather&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

July is the warmest month of the year - just. 

August has been the warmest month of the year a few times since 2007, but none of them were hot, or sunny. August 2007, August 2009, August 2012 were the warmest months of those years I believe. All three of them were reasonable. We are well overdue a hot August. However, from what I can gather, a hot August usually follows after a warmer-than-average July. August 1995 and August 2003 both followed after warm July's. 

FWIW, I believe the warmest period of year statistically is 25 July-8 August, so the last week of July and first week of August, with the first 10 days of August probably having the highest chance of breaking heat records due to thermal lag (August's hottest day being nearly 2C higher than July's hottest day, even if you discount the 2003 reading as being inaccurate).

Edited by cheese

Posted

Seriously, are we ever going to get a normal summer again?

Posted

It's only been 2 years since we had two good ones (here at least) - 2013 and 2014.

Last summer looks to have averaged out pretty normal in the SE looking at the Met Office 1981-2010 anomaly maps for temperature, rainfall and sunshine.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

It's only been 2 years since we had two good ones (here at least) - 2013 and 2014.

Last summer looks to have averaged out pretty normal in the SE looking at the Met Office 1981-2010 anomaly maps for temperature, rainfall and sunshine.

Every summer since 2007  has seen well below average sunshine (100 hrs or more from average). 2013 was above average by 4 hours, and 2014 by about 30 hours. We've had the 2 cloudiest Junes on record, the 9th cloudiest July, and the 2nd/3rd/5th/8th/10th cloudiest Augusts on record, all in the last 10 years!

Temperatures appear close to average entirely because of July 2013 and 2014, but most summers have been below average.

August has been over 1c below normal since 2007, compared to average.  The last time August had average or above average sunshine was in 2005.

Edited by B87

Posted
Just now, weatherguru14 said:

The GFS model this morning is showing hot weather galore starting next week.. Its taking the wee-wee... I would be very VERY suprised  is there when the model rolls out again..

Take salt pinch springs to mind,no chance of course of coming off BUT may be a sign of a slight change if things move in the right direction for those seeking the heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
5 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

The GFS model this morning is showing hot weather galore starting next week.. Its taking the wee-wee... I would be very VERY suprised  is there when the model rolls out again..

is it ?...looks drier but don't see any hot weather anywhere..looks dry and warmish