Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Why would it be highly unlikely? It's completely normal to get temperatures like that for a few days in late June and even more so as we move into July. It's not like it's showing a mega 35C heatwave or something.

Agreed. This would be the norm for Brum.  Though imagine it would be too hot for those up north, where they'd be more used to upper teens than upper 20s!

Back to now, stifling humidity of the past week or so has been replaced by something a bit fresher today. Not feeling like a jungle. 

Edited by weather09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, B87 said:

29c at the end of June is nothing special.  It happens most years.  

We desperately need some sun here, haven't even hit 55 hours for the month yet. We are well, well, well overdue a sunny and warm summer.  

Yup, agree completely, June has been a shocker so far for amounts of sunshine, such a shame as the days are so long. Yet more cloud today, the weekend looks pretty crap with cloud and rain and next week? Warming up but will it be sunny? Doesn't look great at the moment. Thankfully I'm off to Spain for the last week of June to escape this gloom!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Here is what the JAMSTEC model says for summer (June-Aug)

cbcb54e038ff4a53b1195beba7d45c48.png

Suppose even if June ends up below average summer as a whole can definitely be above average. Hope it's right though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, cheese said:

Suppose even if June ends up below average summer as a whole can definitely be above average. Hope it's right though.

Pretty much every where is warm

• Like 1

Posted

yeah even the penguins are getting sunburnt on that model.. long range models are absolute pointless. netweather keeps changing its monthly outlook every 7 days when  the update happens.

You can say this will happen and that will happen..doesnt mean it will. The facts are in most of the UK. its rained everyday for 8 days in a row now.. Its been very disappointing..

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A mixed June so far

"Changeable conditions are then likely through the rest of the month, though temperatures will often be above normal over England and Wales."

https://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2016/06/17/a-mixed-june-so-far/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
22 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

yeah even the penguins are getting sunburnt on that model.. long range models are absolute pointless. netweather keeps changing its monthly outlook every 7 days when  the update happens.

You can say this will happen and that will happen..doesnt mean it will. The facts are in most of the UK. its rained everyday for 8 days in a row now.. Its been very disappointing..

Long-range models need to update frequently in response to new information. 

Has barely rained locally. We had a 10-second shower a couple of days ago but that's the extent of our 'washout'. It's just been very cloudy-  though the sun came out a bit yesterday which was nice.

Edited by cheese

Posted
12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A mixed June so far

"Changeable conditions are then likely through the rest of the month, though temperatures will often be above normal over England and Wales."

https://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2016/06/17/a-mixed-june-so-far/

Yes very cloudy indeed. Ive heard talk of all this rain and im sure we've been below average here. SS i live fairly close to yourself and seen your updates for rainfall for your area. Im guessing we must be below average rainfall for June so far? Thanks

Posted
10 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Yes very cloudy indeed. Ive heard talk of all this rain and im sure we've been below average here. SS i live fairly close to yourself and seen your updates for rainfall for your area. Im guessing we must be below average rainfall for June so far? Thanks

Yep compared to some parts we've had a prolonged period of below average rainfall now I don't think we're much above 30mm over since the end of April

EDIT

26.4mm from April 25th to yesterday

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
49 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

The model is bound to be spot on for somewhere in the world:D

Posted
43 minutes ago, cheese said:

Long-range models need to update frequently in response to new information. 

Has barely rained locally. We had a 10-second shower a couple of days ago but that's the extent of our 'washout'. It's just been very cloudy-  though the sun came out a bit yesterday which was nice.

Your from leeds and your telling me its not rained/showered etc for 8 days in a row?? it has.. Has for Darlington not having much rain. I must be watching a different weather forecast. The North east as been under a low and had heavy rain for 3/4 days in a row now..

hey well guess i dont know everything..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Most of the country is running above average at the moment for June, in fact the CET is nearly 2C above the 61-90 average. It's currently looking very possible that this anomaly will persist through to month's end. So the above anomaly chart may actually be implying conditions close to average for July and August.

Edited by Relativistic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

The bbc outlook is on par with the meto output,nothing of any heat on offer i'm afraid. It's so like winter months just chasing those charts that you want to come true,rarely happens.

• Like 1

Posted

Good job that Tim Peak is not trying to land in the uk this morning,never find it under all this ruddy cloud. Remind me is the sky blue,i've forgotten it seems that long since i've seen it!

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Good job that Tim Peak is not trying to land in the uk this morning,never find it under all this ruddy cloud. Remind me is the sky blue,i've forgotten it seems that long since i've seen it!

You may see some later today and for a bit tomorrow a good deal milder from tomorrow nation wide as wind veer round to a south westerly

Posted
49 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

You may see some later today and for a bit tomorrow a good deal milder from tomorrow nation wide as wind veer round to a south westerly

Fingers crossed then,summer is not my favourite time but even i enjoy the clear blue sky with a nice gentle breeze,don't get me wrong not 30c plus just normal uk weather suits me fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Since the 9th, June has been pretty poor here. Fortunately it's been quite dry but notably dull and most of the month's warmth has come from high minima again! I still feel like I'm waiting for summer proper to start...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yet another crap 'Summers' day here, gloomy and 16C, pretty pathetic really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
35 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yet another crap 'Summers' day here, gloomy and 16C, pretty pathetic really.

Don't worry it will soon be Autumn, longest day next Tuesday then nights start drawing in!:D

• Like 1

Posted

Firmly believe June will be the better month this summer, both in terms of warm anomaly from the average mean, number of dry sunny days, and rainfall, well at least in the NW. Some similarities between May/June 92 and May/June 16, July and August 92 were very wet and poor overall, especially August.. 

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Don't worry it will soon be Autumn, longest day next Tuesday then nights start drawing in!:D

Sadly true. It feels like gloomy Autumn now, let alone soon. Off to Spain a week on Monday, that's a cheering thought, especially as the coming week looks like a continuation of the dreary cloudy conditions here. Hey ho, maybe July and Aug will be better. At least everything is looking wonderfully green and lush this year, plus there have been no high winds that plagued previous summers. There you go, a positive! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
34 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Sadly true. It feels like gloomy Autumn now, let alone soon. Off to Spain a week on Monday, that's a cheering thought, especially as the coming week looks like a continuation of the dreary cloudy conditions here. Hey ho, maybe July and Aug will be better. At least everything is looking wonderfully green and lush this year, plus there have been no high winds that plagued previous summers. There you go, a positive! 

I have a bad feeling about this summer, just read latest met office update and no sign of a hot or settled spell, just the usual crap nw / se split. Last summer was garbage but at least we had a hot plume at the start of July 2015 but there is no sign of that even.