Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 minute ago, cheese said:

BBC have 30C for us on Wednesday next week.. though at this range that's completely pointless.

Fairly good model agreement for it but plenty of time for a change downwards (he hopes...).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
25 minutes ago, Nick L said:

It's been lovely the past few days, have you been locked in a dark room?!

And last summer was a good one for the south! Some folks in here really do have unrealistic expectations of the British summer, this one has been mediocre but it's been far from bad. If you can't sit outside comfortably without it being 30+ celsius then something isn't right.

Nope, no dark room. Been enjoying the August weather, which has, for once, resembled summer and not the usual vile perma-autumn. Last summer wasn't brilliant but that's just my opinion. Don't think anyone here needs it to be 30C+ to be able to sit outside lol, that's just silly! Do people really need to whine about some possible hot weather before it's even within a reliable time-frame?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Nope, no dark room. Been enjoying the August weather, which has, for once, resembled summer and not the usual vile perma-autumn. Last summer wasn't brilliant but that's just my opinion. Don't think anyone here needs it to be 30C+ to be able to sit outside lol, that's just silly! Do people really need to whine about some possible hot weather before it's even within a reliable time-frame?

Well some have been whining about this "bad" summer which hasn't been that bad so I guess it works both ways :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Fairly good model agreement for it but plenty of time for a change downwards (he hopes...).

Fully agree,temps nudging 30c and above are just unpleasant,ok if your at a beach or own a pool but even for holiday folk the mere travelling in those temperatures is a bind,not nice at all. As for us poor folk working they are just vile conditions.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
17 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Well some have been whining about this "bad" summer which hasn't been that bad so I guess it works both ways :D

Haha, whatever. We all know it hasn't been a good summer, until now. Why don't you do yourself a favour and get one of these if sleeping is such a drama?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/282025996462?ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-215725-24755-0%2F16%3Fmpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252Flike%252F282025996462%26itemid%3D282025996462%26tag2%3D25%26tag3%3D38%26tag4%3D6036601681660%26tag5%3D11%26srcrot%3D710-215725-24755-0%26rvr_id%3D107367199467

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
22 minutes ago, cheese said:

BBC have 30C for us on Wednesday next week.. though at this range that's completely pointless.

Guessing they've lowered it a bit now assuming it was Leeds you were referring to? it shows 26c now only 1c lower than London as well

Posted

I'm looking forward to this plume for interesting temperature and storm potential even if I may find heat unpleasant at times, I still kind of want it for something interesting to happen, and because I like seasonal variation/temp extremes. This summer has not been the worst, and the weekend was nice here, though It's been quite boring weather wise like last year was here, especially since I got back from abroad in late June.

I doubt I'd like hot conditions for long periods of summer though, at least in this country without air-con (though I'd still find it interesting being unusual for us).

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

That wouldn't help much,its a cooler unit not conditioner. Coolers only drop a small ambient area by 2 to 3c at max. Not very effective at all or efficient energy wise in  thermal cooling.

Posted
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

That wouldn't help much,its a cooler unit not conditioner. Coolers only drop a small ambient area by 2 to 3c at max. Not very effective at all or efficient energy wise in  thermal cooling.

Do you have one? My friend does and it works a treat. Chilly bedroom all day/night, he loves it. I just use a fan in my room, gets really hot but sleeping without clothes and covers does the trick, very comfy (sorry if TMI)

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It does seem a bit silly to justify whining about a few hot days versus the entire rather monotone summer haha. Somehow I don't think it's going to be quite as hot as the July heatwave (though it may be), and anyway, we all lived to tell the tale...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

The moaning and groaning all equals itself out eventually. I suspect people will be 'crying into their pillows' when it's 15c in November and they're too cold. :)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, simshady said:

The moaning and groaning all equals itself out eventually. I suspect people will be 'crying into their pillows' when it's 15c in November and they're too cold. :)

Yes, nothing better than central heating and having to wear 5 layers of clothing rather than shorts, tshirts and sun on the skin. Cannot wait.

Posted
12 minutes ago, simshady said:

it's too mild*

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
3 minutes ago, MP-R said:

it's too mild*

They're too cold* i.e. warmth lovers :)

Edited by simshady

Posted
2 minutes ago, simshady said:

They're too cold*

Don't think many people will be complaining about being too cold if it's 15C in November :rofl:. More likely they'll be moaning it's too mild, or loving the fact that it's mild!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, MP-R said:

Don't think many people will be complaining about being too cold if it's 15C in November :rofl:. More likely they'll be moaning it's too mild, or loving the fact that it's mild!

No actually it'll be people who can't take a bit of a chill. It's only odd people who like mild in winter :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, simshady said:

No actually it'll be people who can't take a bit of a chill. It's only odd people who like mild in winter :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're missing the point. By November, 15C isn't chill! 5C maybe. And personally, I will be welcoming some chill by then.

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Do you have one? My friend does and it works a treat. Chilly bedroom all day/night, he loves it. I just use a fan in my room, gets really hot but sleeping without clothes and covers does the trick, very comfy (sorry if TMI)

Way to much info!!! Tried a cooler,little or no effect,switched to con unit,found the drop so much better,took 28c room down to 16c in just over 1hr,lovely! And that ment I wasn't naked!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Perhaps we should re-name this thread Last of The Summer Whine?:yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

@bbcweather

Currently 2C with wintry showers and 60mph winds on the high Cairngorms. #summer16 John H

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Perhaps we should re-name this thread Last of The Summer Whine?:yahoo:

Wouldn't be the UK if people didn't have a good whinge about the weather. All in good fun!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Wouldn't be the UK if people didn't have a good whinge about the weather. All in good fun!

Well said,bit of jolly banter never hurt anyone!

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

@bbcweather

Currently 2C with wintry showers and 60mph winds on the high Cairngorms. #summer16 John H

I bet there will be some numpties up there in shorts and flip flops!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
13 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I bet there will be some numpties up there in shorts and flip flops!

Two people died in Switzerland in the Alps, caught out by the unusually cool weather. One of my friends knew them.