Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lots of sunshine and just a light south easterly wind. The temperature has reached 25C here. Best day of the week so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Most if not all cloud from earlier has now gone, making wall to wall sunshine, a nice cool breeze is keeping it at 23C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Whoaa.. a stunning 27C here at the moment. Crystal clear blue skies. Roll on 5:30pm.....

Posted

A real belter of a day, August is turning into the best summer month from my point of view - which has been distinctly lacking in recent times I hope this persists. :) 

Edited by Changing Skies.
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

No humidity good temps, blue skies and everyone is happy.!!!!!!!!!!
This set up gives the best summer weather by far and keeps the coast a nice lower temp and inland folks a nice decent temp towards 25/26c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
On 17/08/2016 at 16:32, Changing Skies. said:

A real belter of a day, August is turning into the best summer month from my point of view - which has been distinctly lacking in recent times I hope this persists. :) 

Yes Dan, a great day and this year an August that's delivering some great weather. :)

A bit of a hiccup coming along for this weekend - in fact Saturday could be a real shocker for folk on holiday along the South and East coastline of our Region, with some strong winds and plenty of showers about, all courtesy of an unusually deep Low for this time of year centred over the Irish Sea. Arpege is suggesting the SE corner of Kent could see gusts of up to 85 km/h (53 mph). Cool too at around 20C max.

But this afternoon's GFS thankfully suggests the heat may be back by mid next week with the 850 hPa +20C isotherm flirting with us - let's hope it's not leading us up the garden path again!

Arpege charts for Saturday:

Max Gusts 12.00 Arpege Wed12z Max Gusts Sat20Aug 12.00.png Precipitation 15.00 Arpege Wed12z Precip Sat20Aug 15.00.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
Added +20C to 850 isotherm comment, which I had left off. Doh!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes Dan, a great day and this year an August that's delivering some great weather. :)

A bit of a hiccup coming along for this weekend - in fact Saturday could be a real shocker for folk on holiday along the South and East coastline of our Region, with some strong winds and plenty of showers about, all courtesy of an unusually deep Low for this time of year centred over the Irish Sea. Arpege is suggesting the SE corner of Kent could see gusts of up to 85 km/h (53 mph). Cool too at around 20C max.

But this afternoon's GFS thankfully suggests the heat may be back by mid next week with the 850 hPa isotherm flirting with us - let's hope it's not leading us up the garden path again!

Arpege charts for Saturday:

Max Gusts 12.00 Arpege Wed12z Max Gusts Sat20Aug 12.00.png Precipitation 15.00 Arpege Wed12z Precip Sat20Aug 15.00.png

Gave away Dan's new identity:oops:Perfect temps today, is it still going to rain this weekend?

Posted
30 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Gave away Dan's new identity:oops:Perfect temps today, is it still going to rain this weekend?

TBH lassie, I hadn't spotted that it was Dan until this evening - despite his name being there on all his posts for all to see (yep, I should have gone to Specsavers!). I was actually on the verge of sending Dan a pm as I was worried he hadn't posted for ages, so I'm happy to discover it was just me being slow. :good:

Now then - as I posted a chart showing a wet Saturday, I'll ignore your question about rain this weekend or it will show that I really am slow! :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

TBH lassie, I hadn't spotted that it was Dan until this evening - despite his name being there on all his posts for all to see (yep, I should have gone to Specsavers!). I was actually on the verge of sending Dan a pm as I was worried he hadn't posted for ages, so I'm happy to discover it was just me being slow. :good:

Now then - as I posted a chart showing a wet Saturday, I'll ignore your question about rain this weekend or it will show that I really am slow! :laugh:

lol I won't water the garden then:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been an absolute cracker of a day here today, warmest day of the month so far at 25.3c with wall to wall sunshine and a tolerable sea breeze.

The forecasts are not looking at all good but so far this month has produced what I think is the best spell of the summer here. A real contrast to the August's of recent years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Instability is starting to show here now, doubt it will do anything cause even the stuff in the sw isn't doing much.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Totally different feel to this morning.

Already just under20c, topping the charts as we lost that lovely sea breeze.

Hello gang!

I thought this mornings 00z was a bit of a wobble and the 06z proved this.

Still a little way to go but as things stand next week would make this week look cool.

Some serious heat on offer not just on the GFS all thanks to the second low that stalls itself out west and pumps some seriously warm air over us.

Still lots of runs to go so currently something to watch.

This weekend looks like a showery affair with some windy weather for the coasts 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

clouding over here and a breeze is picking up.

Did the cat turn your turbo fan on without you realizing? 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Essex Easterly said:

Did the cat turn your turbo fan on without you realizing? 

lol she sits in front of it, but i haven't taught her how to switch it on yet.:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely warm, sunny day here with just some high, thin cloud turning it hazy from time-to-time. Currently 23.5C with a 10 mph ENE breeze. The satellite suggests the high cloud will increase during the afternoon, but it doesn't look thick enough to spoil the afternoon too much and hopefully will allow a glimpse of tonight's Full Sturgeon Moon.

13.00 Cloud Thur18Aug 13.00.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
40 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Lovely warm, sunny day here with just some high, thin cloud turning it hazy from time-to-time. Currently 23.5C with a 10 mph ENE breeze. The satellite suggests the high cloud will increase during the afternoon, but it doesn't look thick enough to spoil the afternoon too much and hopefully will allow a glimpse of tonight's Full Sturgeon Moon.

13.00 Cloud Thur18Aug 13.00.jpg

Ooh, what's a Sturgeon Moon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Hello gang!

I thought this mornings 00z was a bit of a wobble and the 06z proved this.

Still a little way to go but as things stand next week would make this week look cool.

Some serious heat on offer not just on the GFS all thanks to the second low that stalls itself out west and pumps some seriously warm air over us.

Still lots of runs to go so currently something to watch.

This weekend looks like a showery affair with some windy weather for the coasts 

Yes Surrey, some very interesting charts continue to be pumped out by the major models. Am off work next week until the 31st so am hoping for as much heat/sun as possible. Hopefully a decent BH weekend too? Going down to Dorset for that. Am remaining cautious as the models love to overplay high pressure especially to the E. Could be great though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had some lovely ac cas this morning, still some sort of mid level cloud around now but can't really see through the britghness what it is. Feel warm and humid. high 21.9 today.

Posted
17 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

I appreciate your concern well only lately I provided my name in my signature, or whatever you call it to allay fears, you seem on the ball to me Malcolm keeps it up :good:

I post throughout the year, they sort of dry up in summer months, need to brace myself for the winter months ahead. :wink: 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Changing Skies. said:

I appreciate your concern well only lately I provided my name in my signature, or whatever you call it to allay fears, you seem on the ball to me Malcolm keeps it up :good:

I post throughout the year, they sort of dry up in summer months, need to brace myself for the winter months ahead. :wink: 

New Ice Age should kick in this winter:good:

• Like 1