Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A nice day here, sunny skies, 23C currently and a light to moderate E'ly breeze. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lovely sunny day with some fair weather cloud floating about, slight easterly breeze keeping it nice and comfortable. High of 20 so far.

1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

How?

Well for now (will change tomorrow) we have fine dry weather till Thursday/Friday then it goes complicated, first wave of weather is a low that pushes up against the high and slowly fills out west, brings some rain and cloud for Saturday, then Sunday we have another low making in roads this one though makes it further in and has some warm air wrapped around it so would expect some hefty rain from that. Then it all goes back the other way and goes mentally hot as a low sinks south along the high out east and goes "under" the block to our south which allows some very very bey hot air to be pulled in from the south east of the continent 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Well for now (will change tomorrow) we have fine dry weather till Thursday/Friday then it goes complicated, first wave of weather is a low that pushes up against the high and slowly fills out west, brings some rain and cloud for Saturday, then Sunday we have another low making in roads this one though makes it further in and has some warm air wrapped around it so would expect some hefty rain from that. Then it all goes back the other way and goes mentally hot as a low sinks south along the high out east and goes "under" the block to our south which allows some very very bey hot air to be pulled in from the south east of the continent 

wow, I some how doubt it will happen that way, guess we will see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well today was nice, mostly sunny and pleasantly warm in just a light easterly wind. A high of 23C today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Morning all.

Nice to have some cooler nights for sleeping.
You really notice now the darker evenings.

Cloudy bits this morning with light northerlies

Wall to wall sunshine yesterday with 14 hrs.

Not much mentioned in the MO further outlooks in regards to mega hot plumes.

Posted

Nice and warm again, sky kind of milky looking. high of 20.6 so far, so .6 higher than yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Nice day here so far, not as sunny as yesterday. But still pleasant of course.

A quick nose through the MOD thread, wish I never bothered now. Folk addressing weekend rain down here as WELCOME.... I'm sorry what? Welcome for you maybe, but not those of us that train and take part in outdoor activities followed by a beer garden before back to work on Monday..Grrrrrr! 

Its the UK - Embrace the dry weather, it doesn't happen often!! Stop wishing it away with "welcome rain" and grab a water hose if your that concerned about your pansies!

Fair enough if we were in some kind of emergency drought.. But we are not and crop and vegetation is doing just fine. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What are the odds on that deep Atlantic low just delivering a bit of cloud and drizzle to the SE:blink2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well its V Fest this weekend in Chelmsford, so that means 30 plus or torrential rain. lol...
Drizzle's no good for music festival...

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Well its V Fest this weekend in Chelmsford, so that means 30 plus or torrential rain. lol...
Drizzle's no good for music festival...

Well 30c isn't going to happen so I guess it's the other option:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just home from a very pleasant afternoon on the beach and despite a fairly stiff easterly breeze the temperature reached 24.7c.

That makes it the 4th warmest day here this summer, and the warmest since July 19th. Feeling happy :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another decent day though patchy cloud did build up. A high of 23C again with a light easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I'm getting fed up with all these posts from you guys who've had a lovely day!! :laugh: I've been working on the outside of an old Suffolk pub today wishing I was inside with a pint! To put it mildly, the weather here has been rubbish. Thanks to a stubborn area of cloud persisting over this part of the Region there's been hardly any sun and with a fairly stiff NE'ly wind off the North Sea the temperature has been held back to a high of 19.4C.

Oh well.... at least tomorrow looks better for here.

The drab sky in Naughton, Suffolk, today: Suffolk 16Aug.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
11 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

I'm getting fed up with all these posts from you guys who've had a lovely day!! :laugh: I've been working on the outside of an old Suffolk pub today wishing I was inside with a pint! To put it mildly, the weather here has been rubbish. Thanks to a stubborn area of cloud persisting over this part of the Region there's been hardly any sun and with a fairly stiff NE'ly wind off the North Sea the temperature has been held back to a high of 19.4C.

Oh well.... at least tomorrow looks better for here.

The drab sky in Naughton, Suffolk, today: Suffolk 16Aug.jpg

If it's any consolation, it was much the same here until mid-afternoon when the clouds thinned.

• Like 1

Posted

And if it's any consolation to you lot back home, I'm in Orlando, and this afternoons been one big rolling road of thunderstorms.

Stopped me going on the Hulk, but was great fun watching the atmosphere spark up.

Posted
1 hour ago, Bogman said:

And if it's any consolation to you lot back home, I'm in Orlando, and this afternoons been one big rolling road of thunderstorms.

Stopped me going on the Hulk, but was great fun watching the atmosphere spark up.

Any flooding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Here in the "Hadleigh Hole" it got down to a chilly 9.4C overnight, but with a lovely sunny start the temp has shot up in the last hour & half to 17C.

I'm loving this morning's Satellite image of Europe. It shows the North Sea clag that might spoil things further up the NE coast, but apart from Lincolnshire, not impacting our Region (hopefully!). And then out to the West the front waiting in the wings to spoil Friday afternoon with a spell of rain as it passes through.

Cloud Wed 17Aug 07.50.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely morning here, 22C and plenty of sunshine. Shame about a small issue called 'work'!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
44 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Lovely morning here, 22C and plenty of sunshine. Shame about a small issue called 'work'!

Ditto, stuck in the office whilst the August sun blazes down. :wallbash:

• Like 1