Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st June onwards

Methuselah

Posted
12 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Warm front is now advancing north I'm still not sure on thunderstorms this morning. I think a case of bad timing (if you wanted storms) and good timing for sun. So no complaints.

I think I'm right in saying the warm front is now just north of London where we have some showery rain breaking out as it bumps into the cooler fresher air further north.

So perhaps somewhere may get 30c today in the region? World class week of weather and sun 

That would be good for most of this region as it would mean the front will be even further north in a couple of hours.

I'm still scratching my head, though, looking at all the charts.

Cloudy here with small breaks, doesn't look particularly rainy at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

woke up to dark and misty which cleared.

Then it thundered!!!!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

20c again at 8am.
Almost seems normal this year.
It did almost feel fresher out there this morning, hopefully the easterly will keep it that way down here.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

That would be good for most of this region as it would mean the front will be even further north in a couple of hours.

I'm still scratching my head, though, looking at all the charts.

Cloudy here with small breaks, doesn't look particularly rainy at the moment.

Keep seeing rain mentioned and keep looking at the MO  radar forecast and its consistent in keeping any rain west of you and north of London and east Anglia.

Look like some severe storms in those places later, and showers for us early sun am and later Sunday..

Posted
11 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Keep seeing rain mentioned and keep looking at the MO  radar forecast and its consistent in keeping any rain west of you and north of London and east Anglia.

Look like some severe storms in those places later, and showers for us early sun am and later Sunday..

Yes looks like it's happening further north and west than some forecasts suggested, even as we speak - if so, better chance of sun coming out here and high 20s again over a wider area. Especially your neck of the woods!

Having said that, are there some storm clouds developing in the Channel off the West Sussex coast??

Edited by Man With Beard

Posted

Yep MO radar gives some really beefy showers for after midday but just to the west of you going north east.

Sure that may well change nearer the time, but they are shwoing as very intense ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

In Rayleigh for the weekend, so will be affected by the sea breeze today, there is some mid level cloud which does look like it could develop into something though it is more likely that the clearer skies to our south east will make it here before any showers break out.

30C looks possible across the far south east.

NetWX-SR

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20160827;t

It actually looks very warm across the region on this model. Only east Norfolk and Suffolk look cooler due to that onshore wind. Interestingly this model forecasts no rain whatsoever for our region with showers breaking out over Wales, the Midlands and northern England which would be the reason for the warmer temperatures.

The roles reverse tomorrow with the coolest parts of the region forecast to be the warmest

25C possible across eastern parts of East Anglia where I suspect the fine and sunny weather will hold on longest before the showers move in from the west/south west.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

In Rayleigh for the weekend, so will be affected by the sea breeze today, there is some mid level cloud which does look like it could develop into something though it is more likely that the clearer skies to our south east will make it here before any showers break out.

30C looks possible across the far south east.

NetWX-SR

It actually looks very warm across the region on this model. Only east Norfolk and Suffolk look cooler due to that onshore wind.

Also east Essex and Thames coastlines, nice breeze here already but feels clammy.

Welcome to this corner of the world, lol...

Plenty of cloud here but light enough for the sun to be shining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The Met Office have pinned their colours to the mast on the Beeb just now, showing some lively weather for the west of our Region around lunchtime, drifting further east and north this afternoon. Some folks could see a good storm later!

12.00 20160827_091749_resized.jpg 13.00 20160827_091753_resized.jpg 15.00 20160827_091800_resized.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
13 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Also east Essex and Thames coastlines, nice breeze here already but feels clammy.

Welcome to this corner of the world, lol...

Plenty of cloud here but light enough for the sun to be shining.

You are correct in that, though the range of the cooling effect looks less stark over Essex and Kent which is perfectly normal though.

Looking at the radar, the model I have brought up seems to be wrong in the sense that showers have already formed which was not shown on there, that said the rain seems to be only affecting the far north and west of the region already (It has cleared places such as Cambridge so far). So I suspect the placement of the showers this afternoon might be nearer the mark compared to the BBC graphics,though I might be completely wrong. Hopefully this shallow mid-level convection should clear though it has turned rather hazy in general.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Was woken up by a heavy shower. Its currently 20c 

Sky's trying to clear and the sun is making an appearance. I just hope any rain or storms hold off till as late as possible. 

Posted

Hmm, I really chose a poor time to visit my fiance's relatives, it looks like my home location is going to get pasted with heavy downpours/thunderstorms over the Cambridge/Ely/Peterborough area at the moment.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Still baffled by this. The GFS 6Z denies the existence of that rain band over the Midlands at T3, and has a rain band over the south that doesn't exist!!!

Its probably that rain band thats over the midlands which is further north and west than forecast maybe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine again, a moderate NE breeze and already it's 22C...It could all be dependent on just where the CZ parks itself?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Just don't see it yet those bbc graphics look out already 

We'll find out when it starts, if it does. Bedford already had a storm so we know it's posible it's just the where's we don't know yet. Looks unlikely here though.

Posted

hazy sunshine here now, 25c here with temperatures even on the coast at around 22/23c.

27c inland in London and Kent, we should squeeze a 28/29c definitely. Shame the severe thunderstorms are well clear of most of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yeah i think one clap of thunder followed by a heavy shower will be my lot oh well.

Everything so near yet so far..

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

I take it Essex is out of the firing line now? Or are we expecting some later?

Posted

windy  but still very warm  all the storms are missing  us yet  again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Wow! That's an area of very intense storms. Lightening galore! What a shame it's not a tad further East....... :(

Radar 15.40 Radar Sat27Aug 15.40.jpg Lightening 15.48 Lightening Sat27Aug 15.48.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
15 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Wow! That's an area of very intense storms. Lightening galore! What a shame it's not a tad further East....... :(

Radar 15.40 Radar Sat27Aug 15.40.jpg Lightening 15.48 Lightening Sat27Aug 15.48.jpg

I think they're drifting our way, Malcolm.  On the latest radar capture, ther4e are some storms developing to the east of the main line of storms (to the north-west and west of London).

• Like 1