Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Storm/Discussion thread - 11/06/16 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers
14 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Dark skies to the south, some sferics over Mansfield way but nothing here as of yet 

It's been raining non stop here for the last two hours,but we've only had 4 rumbles of thunder.I can't make out which way the storms are moving as its been pitch black to the north of here for ages but it is neither coming or going!!.

19 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Dark skies to the south, some sferics over Mansfield way but nothing here as of yet 

It's soooooo slow moving! I'm starting to think it'll fizzle out over the next couple of course before it reaches here. You may well cop a fair bit of rainfall as it's right on your doorstep. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

All I can say is that, when considering both NW's and the MetO's forecasts, today must have been about the dampest of damp squibs ever. Not only was there no thunder/no lightning - there wasn't even any rain!

Och well. Win some, lose some, eh?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

3rd storm of the day now! I must be right under the convergence zone

Edit: 4th :D

Edited by AIRMET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Saw a nice funnel this afternoon whilst driving up the M5, was around 3-3:30pm and the funnel was sonewhere near Pershore, Worcs....no pics I'm afraid as I was doing about 95 mph 70 mph and the motorway plod get the hump about using cameras whilst driving (especially as I was trying to pour a cup of tea from my flask and role a ciggy at the same time...lol)....still it looked quite nice, and descended some way down before dissipating after 30 seconds or so.....a quick artists impression...

images.png

• Like 9

Posted
12 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

Saw a nice funnel this afternoon whilst driving up the M5, was around 3-3:30pm and the funnel was sonewhere near Pershore, Worcs....no pics I'm afraid as I was doing about 95 mph 70 mph and the motorway plod get the hump about using cameras whilst driving (especially as I was trying to pour a cup of tea from my flask and role a ciggy at the same time...lol)....still it looked quite nice, and descended some way down before dissipating after 30 seconds or so.....a quick artists impression...

images.png

LOL

• Like 1

Posted

And, for all those who, like me, missed today's action - a storm from the I.O.S: 

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

LOL

15 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

images.png

I was in Pershore today around 3pm but i never saw that unfortunately, mainly because i was driving through the town and looking out the windscreen and trying to eat my fish and chips simply isn't possible... Hope for some more storm developments in the West Midlands tomorrow though.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light/mod rain arrived here from the East.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, MartinD said:

I was in Pershore today around 3pm but i never saw that unfortunately, mainly because i was driving through the town and looking out the windscreen and trying to eat my fish and chips simply isn't possible... Hope for some more storm developments in the West Midlands tomorrow though.

probably more Fladbury/Cropthorne way, it was on top of the hill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

All I can say is that, when considering both NW's and the MetO's forecasts, today must have been about the dampest of damp squibs ever. Not only was there no thunder/no lightning - there wasn't even any rain!

Och well. Win some, lose some, eh?:D

We have another chance tomorrow \p/ :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And, for all those who, like me, missed today's action - a storm from the I.O.W: 

You've got the wrong 'Isle' you Scilly man....lol

• Like 8

Posted
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

You've got the wrong 'Isle' you Scilly man....lol

Did William see it!:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Greeny said:

We have another chance tomorrow \p/ :)

I certainly 'ope so!:D

Posted

http://www.estofex.org/

Forecast out for tomorrow..

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Greeny said:

http://www.estofex.org/

Forecast out for tomorrow..

Let us pray! And, hopefully - this time - it won't be on the Isle of Scilly!:rofl:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted

Got rather interesting here just over an hour ago when a shower formed right on the CZ. Witnessed fast spinning and rising motion at different regions of cloud base for about 15-20 mins, and was willing it to produce and tighten into a proper funnel, but didn't happen.  Shame. So close to seeing a good size funnel over this part.  

Edited by weather09
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, weather09 said:

Got rather interesting here just over an hour ago when a shower formed right on the CZ. Witnessed fast spinning and rising motion at different regions of cloud base for about 15-20 mins, and was willing it to produce and tighten into a proper funnel, but didn't happen.  Shame. So close to seeing a good size funnel over this part.  

Ah thats a shame, must have been interesting to watch though, I like seeing even just rotation in cloud bases.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
7 minutes ago, weather09 said:

28th July 2005. Never forget! 

Anyway. I love this setup at this time of the year. Slack low right on top of us with sun at full strength. Tomorrow looks decent once again as well as Thursday for a more wider part now :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah, I think this would have been a brief, weak funnel at best, EES, and not a fully-fledged tornado ravaging through town. Different setups entirely.  

Posted

Cell just popped up north east off me,just looked outside, looks threatening 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
18 minutes ago, weather09 said:

Yeah, I think this would have been a brief, weak funnel at best, EES, and not a fully-fledged tornado ravaging through town. Different setups entirely.  

Yeah they were. I'll always remember that day as we had a tornado here too. 

Anyone storm starved should go onto the Milan skyline cam. Some awesome lightning going on there atm!! 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted

That cell south West of Wigan is not moving!! 

Edited by carl1980