Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Nice pics, Lukey. And judging by the fact that the forecast cloud has not even reached here yet (and given a little extra moisture) you might have a whopper of a hoarfrost tomorrow.:good:

Haha cheers buddy! Yes, was this afternoon around 4-5pm I already was at 0c and the freezing fog has started to fall from the sky around Ascot/Sunningdale! Going to look amazing tomorrow!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
49 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Haha cheers buddy! Yes, was this afternoon around 4-5pm I already was at 0c and the freezing fog has started to fall from the sky around Ascot/Sunningdale! Going to look amazing tomorrow!!! 

I though I could see the early signs of fog forming, seems a little warmer tonight for now here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I though I could see the early signs of fog forming, seems a little warmer tonight for now here though.

3C and clear up here, the now...I no longer know what's happening!:cc_confused:

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

3C and clear up here, the now...I no longer know what's happening!:cc_confused:

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be cloudy in the north of our region tonight. Rather confusing that it isn't. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well today was sunny all day, just some very thin high cloud at times. It did feel less cold today despite the westerly breeze.

Posted

What a surprise, November was colder here than a below average March this year. And they tell me March is winter. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Another cold frosty start, that's three in a row and on par with the whole of last Autumn/Winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

3rd morning in a row of thick frost and a freezing cold feel in Hertfordshire! 

With a couple of previous frost mornings in November - I've now had more cold nights then the whole of last winter

Posted

Morning all. No frost overnight in SE London, but there is a wind chill this morning making it feel lots colder. The lake in St James' Park was still frozen when i walked past this morning. Two mornings in a row now. Having worked in Whitehall for many years, i cant remember many times that the lake was frozen so early. Lets hope its a good sign of winter to come.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

According to the beeb forecasts I watched yesterday, there should have been cloud cover moving down from the NW to a line approx Thames Estuary across to Bristol Channel, which would prevent a frost. Well here it got down to -1C overnight and this morning everything white with another good frost. Now the sun is out and it's a clear blue sky. :cc_confused:

There is some cloud moving south, but even that looks thin. Today might not be as gloomy as forecast. :)

Cloud Thur 01 Dec 09.10.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

No frost here today, although it stayed from yesterday on some paths and grass by the school. Cars didn't look that damp either. In fact it actually looks warmer out than it really is, clear and sunny.

It's Christmas!:reindeer-emoji::ball-santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Nice video on BBC online from John Hammond explaining the difference in our weather compared to this time last year. 

No Atlantic storms expected for some time according to John - This is amazing news for those who are prone to flooding. 

I actually don't care if December ends up being a quiet month and no real cold gets locked in. For me, the fact that no more storms are expected is the best news. Find them nothing but boring and ruins outdoor plans especially when you are active like me.... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/38163932

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

So according to the met and as @Blessed Weather stated it should be clouding or "clouded" over by now but not a cloud in site and the temp is plummeting again..

See tiny minunte changes at even short notice make massive differenes could we about to make it the 5th consecutive frost??!

I think it will cloud up as the evening progresses Surrey, Fog in places also.but very localised.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted

Had another frost ths morning, a nice sunny day today. Still clear out now and feeling cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

So according to the met and as @Blessed Weather stated it should be clouding or "clouded" over by now but not a cloud in site and the temp is plummeting again..

See tiny minunte changes at even short notice make massive differenes could we about to make it the 5th consecutive frost??!

I think there's a good chance of many folk seeing another light frost tonight. Helen Willetts on the beeb saying the cloud cover will be very unreliable and in any lengthy clear spells there could be a frost form. Here's the graphic she put up for min temps out in the sticks by early tomorrow morning (towns a few degrees warmer):

BBC Graphic 01 Dec.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

I think there's a good chance of many folk seeing another light frost tonight. Helen Willetts on the beeb saying the cloud cover will be very unreliable and in any lengthy clear spells there could be a frost form. Here's the graphic she put up for min temps out in the sticks by early tomorrow morning (towns a few degrees warmer):

BBC Graphic 01 Dec.jpg

Went out to Winchester prison today,  honestly couldn't belive my eyes on the drive from Surrey ,  the frost was so thick in places that it looked like snow!  It was amazing! !  I'm off to hook tomorrow so similar journey just not as far so will try get pics if I can.  Absolutely breath taking a long long time since I have last seen winter wonderland like that!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Another frost has developed here . Four days of un thawed frost in the shade including some pavements. I don't remember a frost being forecast tonight but I take it with open arms .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Frosty and a bit icy outside where the days ground frost melted this afternoon and has now frozen! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the cloud reached here by the evening, but overall another mostly sunny day, the temperatures are definitely on the up with just a bog standard ground frost which lifted quickly and it felt quite mild outside. 

Posted

1st of December and some are already starting to lose the plot in MO and elsewhere lol ;)

• Like 2

Posted

I acknowledge those that stick up a long range forecast and a FI chart but we all know anything past 10 days is pushing the limits especially in such a scenario where we can't really determine the actions of the PV, the models don't pick up on the signs too well with the weak shifting of the Polar Vortex.

It could go one way or the other, amazing some write off the whole month on Day 1 let alone the whole of Winter and compare it to last year already.

Those that stick up detailed LRFs and share professional knowledge shouldn't be slaughtered when things don't show what others want to read.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1