Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Yes Malcolm!! We want the country to grind to a halt, frozen Britain. :wink: We want scenes like this replicated on the streets of London! (Hope no one got hurt) It's been too long. :p 

southwesterly shenanigans through this week not exceptionally mild but a fair bit above, by this time next week we should be back to single figures. Uncertainty going forward, but I feel our region will see the return of chilly continental winds.

Edited by Changing Skies
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Changing Skies said:

Yes Malcolm!! We want the country to grind to a halt, frozen Britain. :wink: We want scenes like this replicated on the streets of London! (Hope no one got hurt) It's been too long. :p 

southwesterly shenanigans through this week not exceptionally mild but a fair bit above, by this time next week we should be back to single figures. Uncertainty going forward, but I feel our region will see the return of chilly continental winds.

Nah there's too many cars, we want something more like this. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Checked my Twitter feed this morning; MetOffice tweeting the brutal cold about to embark the USA and how its powering the jet stream bringing the UK mild weather.....

On top of that, the over enthusiastic/OTT/Dramatic Laura Tobin on GoodMorningBritain is almost having an orgasm on screen on how mild it will be over the next week........ 

Think I'll take a little break from all things weather until early next week, maybe just maybe I'll come back to see some cold prospects across the charts! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well perhaps not snow but a few bitter days, ice days infact appear on the ENS, however because its not snow it won't matter to some :rofl: ..Winter weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

The worse thing also about this weather now is that everything gets damp and stays damp.
Bring back the dry cold weather.

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

The worse thing also about this weather now is that everything gets damp and stays damp.
Bring back the dry cold weather.

Agree with that, it's the one downside and if we keep this high pressure in the long term with the warm uppers the fog could become a real problem especially with Christmas travel ( air and ground )

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Hopefully by the time January comes around we'll be forecast some cooler temperatures with widespread snow showers to kick off the start of a proper winter chilly period..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
13 hours ago, Changing Skies said:

Well that dispels the often repeated myth that other countrys cope so much better with snow than we do here in the Uk.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, SenlacJack said:

Well that dispels the often repeated myth that other countrys cope so much better with snow than we do here in the Uk.

To be fair, the Canadians had a particular set of conditions in this instance and scenes like this are quite rare! Canada and the US cope with snow and ice impressively well generally. I know they are used to proper winters but the UK is always the laughing stock when it comes to snow with our poor infrastructure and lack of winter preparation, especially in the SE.

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

A bee landed on my head

Yesterday a wasp was on our window :nonono:

Current Conditions: Mild & Gloomy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
19 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Yesterday a wasp was on our window :nonono:

Current Conditions: Mild & Gloomy

I thought the frosts would have made them go into hiding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well cloud came over and warmed everything up, still quite cloudy now with a few breaks here and there.

Posted
4 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

That's right. Hyperbole, people seem to  love it in this country. 

A nice easterly being fed across SE England on the final frames on GFS 12z.

IMG_1204.JPGIMG_1205.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Must admit that hopes are fast deminishing regarding an Xmas bonanza with festive cold prospects, tbh I was hoping thay the lrf predictions would build momentum but as each day I read the MOD thread it's going in the opposite direction  :sorry:

As it stands I would be great full for just some frosty dry days, suppose it's still better than last year for the poor sole who got washed out last year is one positive.

Edited by Hanny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A better day with some sunny spells, fairly mild though.

Posted
3 hours ago, Hanny said:

Must admit that hopes are fast deminishing regarding an Xmas bonanza with festive cold prospects, tbh I was hoping thay the lrf predictions would build momentum but as each day I read the MOD thread it's going in the opposite direction  :sorry:

As it stands I would be great full for just some frosty dry days, suppose it's still better than last year for the poor sole who got washed out last year is one positive.

We've just had some frosty days, had 5 in a row here....don't be greedy...This is England, This is the South East/East Anglia ;):)

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Well although it was nice,the sun shone etc there was something that tickled me .i was on the district line today and everybody well nearly had big coats on, hats coming out their pockets etc . The train was delayed as usual but most were sweating then a lady got a fan out of her handbag , I just chuckled and said to the person opposite  . "It's just a normal winters day in London " 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Well although it was nice,the sun shone etc there was something that tickled me .i was on the district line today and everybody well nearly had big coats on, hats coming out their pockets etc . The train was delayed as usual but most were sweating then a lady got a fan out of her handbag , I just chuckled and said to the person opposite  . "It's just a normal winters day in London " 

No jacket required here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

No jacket required here

Not here either, went to work in Birkenstock sandels today caused a couple of raised eye brows and comments like 'Do you know it's winter?' Uur no actually it's hard to tell right now with temps above 10 degrees!! 

On another note  I have actually seen falling snow this week... But sadly it was fake snow during rehearsals for a production of Toad of Toad hall .. Oh well beggars can't be choosers!! 

2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

No jacket required here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It wasn't that warm:cc_confused:

Posted

Morning all, a mild but gloomy start as you can imagine.

.....Off to see what the models show this morning, not expecting much :)