Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Gloomy all day here with fog and mist and a max of 5.7C. Personally I find this type of weather as depressing as the current model output!! I'd prefer a deep low pressure system rattling across the UK with rain bands, blustery showers and strong winds. Mind you, tonight's model output of a 'possible' storm over Christmas with 100 mph gusts is something I hope doesn't verify.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

First proper fog of this year here now, the rest have been more like a heavy mist than actual fog.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So just like this room the weather been so boring, no wind fog mist mild damp, for weeks, but little or no rain, A change typically heading for Christmas weekend just bloody ironic with possibly damaging winds just unbelievable after a boring Autumn.

How wrong have these predictions been? is also just unbelievable with a colder to average start to winter more probable oh how wrong they were. Current December average temp running 1.5c above normal. 

Latest models suggest even a milder theme heading for start of new year. To be fair this was always predicted anyway by a lot of weather forecasters. 

So looks like for the fourth year running I could be seeing a snowless winter yet again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
32 minutes ago, slater said:

So just like this room the weather been so boring, no wind fog mist mild damp, for weeks, but little or no rain, A change typically heading for Christmas weekend just bloody ironic with possibly damaging winds just unbelievable after a boring Autumn.

How wrong have these predictions been? is also just unbelievable with a colder to average start to winter more probable oh how wrong they were. Current December average temp running 1.5c above normal. 

Latest models suggest even a milder theme heading for start of new year. To be fair this was always predicted anyway by a lot of weather forecasters. 

So looks like for the fourth year running I could be seeing a snowless winter yet again.

Boring? Charming lol

Make it exciting for us? What's your dancing skills like? :rofl:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Too warm for this time of year, certainly if i can go outside at 11pm and not be too bothered in a t-shirt, it is too warm. It was foggy ofc. 

My new boots shall arrive today. That is more exciting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
56 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Boring? Charming lol

Make it exciting for us? What's your dancing skills like? :rofl:

Lol, I'll put up a video later, just miss the good old days when this room was buzzing at winter time. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not much to say again, fog formed quickly during the evening but an increase in breeze seems to have cleared this. Today isn't too bad again, a lot of cloud but some brighter breaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 minutes ago, slater said:

Lol, I'll put up a video later, just miss the good old days when this room was buzzing at winter time. 

It was snowing, that's why:p i don't think many people give a flying fig about gloom :sorry:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The gloom continues here, getting very boring! Haven't seen the sun for days, hopefully a change coming soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
30 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The gloom continues here, getting very boring! Haven't seen the sun for days, hopefully a change coming soon.

Yes change coming, rain, wind and cloud...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

It was snowing, that's why:p i don't think many people give a flying fig about gloom :sorry:

The only reason I like dark and gloom is because I can use it as an excuse for new outer wares and shoes. It's jolly cold by the school, walking the minute from the car to Brownies, popping to put the rubbish in the bin bah bah bah.

Feels more festive gloomy, can light up the candles and feel nice and cosy.  

Gloomy afternoon =coffee, sofa and Doctor who specials.:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, slater said:

Bugger. Is it May already? How time flies.

Very seasonal out there. Cold and foggy.

Beats wet and windy hands down. It hasn't rained much at all, yet everything's caked in mud.

Smile.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

There will be a cold pool over us tuesday, whether it does anything other then feel chilly though, who knows.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Yes change coming, rain, wind and cloud...

Unfortunately it's looking like one dreary set-up exchanged for something equally bad, if not worse. If we see some sunshine though it might not be too bad, especially if the zonal interlude doesn't last long.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

As per usual all the local chavs and chavets will be going out to their Christmas parties around here as if it was mid June, guys in just thin T shirts and girls in short skirts and their ever so trendy Father Christmas red hats on. Mid December should not be that mild, particularly with all this mist and fog about, but it is.

So are we about to have yet another green Christmas in the SE then?:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I was born in 1982 never seen a white xmas it won't change this year I am sure boxing day seen snow not xmas day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Why all the down beat posts guys, winters only just started and Christmas week/ day are looking rather cold from what I can see. 

As North America hopefully begins to warm it will improve our chances of a colder January. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, snowray said:

As per usual all the local chavs and chavets will be going out to their Christmas parties around here as if it was mid June, guys in just thin T shirts and girls in short skirts and their ever so trendy Father Christmas red hats on. Mid December should not be that mild, particularly with all this mist and fog about, but it is.

So are we about to have yet another green Christmas in the SE then?:santa-emoji:

Yep, because that is normal for this part of the world. In 43 years I've seen the grand total of 2 Christmases with snow. More likely to see the white stuff in February than at Christmas. Not frequent then, either, we need a lot of luck!

• Like 1

Posted

Rather cold air over the SE on ARPEGE  Tuesday morning a finger of -6C uppers, would be the coldest air of the winter so far - it does show some showery ppn so who knows - interesting 'volatility' between the models, regarding this cold pool at such a short timeframe. 

IMG_1273.PNGIMG_1274.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
19 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yep, because that is normal for this part of the world. In 43 years I've seen the grand total of 2 Christmases with snow. More likely to see the white stuff in February than at Christmas. Not frequent then, either, we need a lot of luck!

Yes of course its normal for this part of the world, the green Christmas I mean. Anyway snow is fun to see at anytime of the year but around Christmas time it would be very special.

• Like 1

Posted

I know there have been some arguments concerning someone the other day saying that the UK climate is like a perpetual Autumn, but to be fair we often see our most likely snow generating weather synoptics in Oct/Nov or in the spring with the Winter months dominated by the PV so temperatures tend to even themselves out somewhat.

When I go abroad and am asked about the climate around London at Christmas, I usually say "about the same as June but shorter days, more damp, and usually a bit colder but not always, just give or take a degree or two" once in a decade or so it might snow and there will be a major heatwave in June. I am talking London now, IE South East England not Scotland mind.

Posted
9 hours ago, Dami said:

Too warm for this time of year, certainly if i can go outside at 11pm and not be too bothered in a t-shirt, it is too warm. It was foggy ofc. 

My new boots shall arrive today. That is more exciting.

You JINXED it! All these warm coats and boots!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a bad day, some sunshine and now a clear night with a real chilly setting in as well as some patchy fog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I'm near coldest place in the UK tonight. Makes a change.

• Like 1